PDA

View Full Version : APenguin :D's Other Issues(please be detailed)

APenguin
22 Aug 2011, 04:41pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Microsoft Security Essentials Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell =[ What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
F9DR771 - Service tag Please state your problem here
So i rebuilt my computer to try and help a steam issue i was getting earlier in the month. My Doc/Settings folder was private so nobody else on the computer could view it. But since i didnt delete it before the rebuild its still there. And it's security settings are older than the Administrator, so i cant delete it under that account. Is there any way to bypass folder permissions and delete it? (theres like 20G in there =[ )

Silva
22 Aug 2011, 06:23pm
(theres like 20G in there =[ ) [/I][/INDENT]

Can i get 5G's if i fix it? lol

But i think this could work Go to the folder, Right Click, Properties, Security, Your Account Name, Edit, Check the boxes for control, Try to delete.

Another option is to delete everything inside the folder from the inside out.

APenguin
22 Aug 2011, 06:39pm
Can i get 5G's if i fix it? lol

But i think this could work Go to the folder, Right Click, Properties, Security, Your Account Name, Edit, Check the boxes for control, Try to delete.

Another option is to delete everything inside the folder from the inside out.

Doesnt work. Wont let me edit the propreties, dont have access.
And i cant go inside it to look at it to try and delete anything. Plus the all the files inside are also out-of-access.

Silva
22 Aug 2011, 07:38pm
Trying using Malewarebytes' Anti-Maleware and under More Tools use the File Assassin too see if that works.

APenguin
22 Aug 2011, 09:22pm
I downloaded the installer but english isnt an option for languages so... XD

EDIT: Tried it, doesnt work

Silva
24 Aug 2011, 01:06pm
I downloaded the installer but english isnt an option for languages so... XD

EDIT: Tried it, doesnt work

Ok try the program Unlocker Unlocker - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/3000-2248_4-10493998.html) After installing you should be able to right click the folder your trying to delete then go to the option Unlocker and from there you should be able to delete it.

APenguin
25 Oct 2011, 07:27pm
Old, but still happening, tried the unlocker but didnt fix