PDA

View Full Version : sebak's Memory Issues

sebak
20 Aug 2011, 01:31am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Memory Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
idk Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
kaspersky Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
hp What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
- Please state your problem here
when i play css on my laptop. hl2.exe takes 60-70% cpu usage and steam takes about 20% leaving me with virtually everything closed. and when it does go to 100% i lag like a bitch. css recommends mediuma nd high settings. but i still play on low. here are specs

Intel Core Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHz
4.00 GB Ram
Vista Basic 64 Bit
nvidia Geforce 9600M GT.

im guessing ppl will say vista is my problem...

Silva
20 Aug 2011, 12:10pm
Its not Vista i have that and it runs fine. It sounds like your laptop is overheating so your CPU is throttling performance to keep from melting, Also the game itself is CPU intensive but shouldn't be at 70%.

Another solution could be to go to your task manager and setting Steam's priority to low.

sebak
20 Aug 2011, 12:36pm
Its not Vista i have that and it runs fine. It sounds like your laptop is overheating so your CPU is throttling performance to keep from melting, Also the game itself is CPU intensive but shouldn't be at 70%.

Another solution could be to go to your task manager and setting Steam's priority to low.

hm i think my fan is not even working...