PDA

View Full Version : How to make walls that only one team can pass through

Archy
17 Aug 2011, 01:33pm
I'm not sure how to do this so I need help. I had the idea to use a func_Brush and toggle solidity on and off if a CT was touching it or not (only ts can go through). I feel that there is a much easier way to do this so any help would be great.

La te ra lus
17 Aug 2011, 02:56pm
Pass through a door? teleport?

Archy
17 Aug 2011, 03:30pm
Its actually a 112x112 box... Ts can pass through them/hide in them while CTs cannot

Tweezy
17 Aug 2011, 03:55pm
I had one of these setup on my map, I'll give you a prefab later today!

Archy
17 Aug 2011, 03:59pm
It actually seems to be working... I just used a func_illusionary , a func_brush , a trigger_multiple , and a filter_activator_team. Now here is the my issue... I need to somehow incorporate a func_breakable so that CTs can break the box. I could destroy the box if I could somehow make a trigger that detects damage...

iNorris
18 Aug 2011, 10:01pm
I'm a little rusty, but I believe that a func_breakable has a damage value tab.

Archy
18 Aug 2011, 10:22pm
I tried that... Im finding that the func_Breakable doesn't have any sort of non-solid option

HZK
19 Aug 2011, 05:29am
make a trigger push in the non-solid wall that is filtered to a team.

iNorris
22 Aug 2011, 03:29pm
Can't you just apply a bullet-only tool texture to the brush? That should make it non-solid to the players, but also block/absorb bullets.

Whazaaaaa
31 Aug 2011, 07:13pm
If Valve would just have been so nice to import the 1 team may go thru walls form TF2 spawns, then we all would have it much better :D

And If everything else fails place a brush func_illusionary ofcource and then place a trigger push and the filter team on the trigger push so it pushes one team out and the other not :D