PDA

View Full Version : question about secret room

dormlord
9 May 2008, 01:12am
on the map ATIX heli, or which ever the one is with the single platform and the skateboard, there is a secret room where you can got to avoid the nuke and live. one night awhile ago (didn't post it earlier cuz i didn'y know there where forums) Z3roManiac told us not to go in there when the nuke went off. He said "next person who goes in there gets kicked" so about 8-9 ppl, who were zombies that round, decided to go in and he kicked like 2. I'm not complaining but if we're prohibited from going in there why is it even there?

Tcp-Kill
9 May 2008, 01:22am
Well, it is prohibited unless there is a zombie choppa and zombies are surviving

Blank is the god at dealing with these pricks

Haggard
9 May 2008, 01:42am
The reason they do not allow the zombies to avoid the nuke is so the round will end when its supposed too. When the humans win the choppa all the zombie are supposed to die but if they dont everyone in the server has to wait and wait and wait for the round to end. They are trying to speed up the play and make the round end by enforcing this rule. It is a flaw in the map and short of ATIX fixing this I dont see any other solution.

Blank
9 May 2008, 04:19am
Here are the rules concerning that spot.

Humans on chopper: Zombies can not survive the nuke.
Zombies on chopper: Zombies can survive nuke.
Zombies on chopper: Humans can survive the nuke.

If there was anything the zombies could do after the nuke, I wouldn't care if they survived the nuke. But, they can't unless a human is bold enough to jump off the platform. Humans are allowed to use the safe spot if the zombies are on the chopper because the zombies can still get the humans. Plus, that is the point of Zombie Mod, for the humans to survive.

Admins, banning for a day, or more, is probably a bit excessive for this infraction, unless it is for a repeat offender. Here is a bind that I have made exclusively for this map. bind , "ma_freeze #t". Use any key you wish, I arbitrarily picked colon. This will freeze all the zombies if they survive. Now the humans can kill them quickly and start the next round. This usually curtails the glitchers rather quickly.

By the way, getting nuked does not affect your rank score. It will affect your score on the score board, but nothing else.

Jaffa
9 May 2008, 05:18am
I think he is also referring to the nuke survival room in malvinas

The reason these rooms are even put on maps is not because of this community. Most maps aren't made by our specifications, but created by independant mappers, who then allow the communities who play their maps to decide how best to manage them

Blank
9 May 2008, 07:30am
I used to tend to just move the zombies who did it to spec.

Worked, and they could do little in complaint.

Nothing wrong with this. It's probably the nicest thing an admin could do. But I would wager that you have to move the same people to spec the next round as well and that get old real quick.

Please bind a key to warn the zombies to not use the safe spot unless the above requirements are met. bind o "ma_csay Zombies, do not survive the nuke." is what I use. Although this is a brief message across the top of the screen, continually tapping my o key will cause the message to linger as long as I want.

All that I ask is the we don't give excessive length bans for this offense.

dormlord
9 May 2008, 09:39am
well i understand where your coming from and 99% agree but (OMFG HES CONTRIDICTING AN ADMIN), IU have been in the server on the map when 3/4 of the zombies survive and grouped together and got up the rope thus exterminating the human race from the map. But I do understand what you guys are saying and where you are comming from and I also realise that not every round we will have zombies with the brain capacity to sucsessfuly group together and make a zombie ladder to obtain the rope. (BTW if you look at it this map seems like it was made to be played after the nuke but i guess thats just me).

Suri
9 May 2008, 09:42am
I would say you would have 99.9% of the time where they dont have the brain capacity to successfully group together and make a zombie ladder to obtain the rope.:drool:

Repus
9 May 2008, 10:03am
I think its possible change settings just for this map? Like time ends right after nuke?

PotshotPolka
10 May 2008, 08:35pm
I may be mistaken but I think maplength and other details are often unchangeable on some maps, and if you do it screws up the other maps that need more time.