PDA

View Full Version : Gmod Start Up

Kaos
15 Aug 2011, 06:46pm
After the update with Gmod this morning/early evening, i cannot open the game. It wasnt a huge update, just one of those updates that takes a few seconds then randomly says "Garrys Mod Has Finished Downloading", although you were just playing it.

I heard some people talking in the RP server earlier bout not being able to reopen the game or something due to an HL2 update, but i didnt hear the whole conversation, nor did i know the details or level of how relevant it was.

Anyways, it saying "Loading" in the Steam pop up window, then opens. It stays on the ingame window loading screen for about 5 seconds, then automatically minimizes-freezing and becomes "Not Responding". I then have to manually close the game.

I tried several times, restarted my computer, redownloaded Gmod, and looked online for answers, as well as their website and info page for Steam. Nothing.

Please help me solve this problem or let me know details or anything if you have it. Thanks!

Paralyzed
15 Aug 2011, 06:51pm
After the update with Gmod this morning/early evening, i cannot open the game. It wasnt a huge update, just one of those updates that takes a few seconds then randomly says "Garrys Mod Has Finished Downloading", although you were just playing it.

I heard some people talking in the RP server earlier bout not being able to reopen the game or something due to an HL2 update, but i didnt hear the whole conversation, nor did i know the details or level of how relevant it was.

Anyways, it saying "Loading" in the Steam pop up window, then opens. It stays on the ingame window loading screen for about 5 seconds, then automatically minimizes-freezing and becomes "Not Responding". I then have to manually close the game.

I tried several times, restarted my computer, redownloaded Gmod, and looked online for answers, as well as their website and info page for Steam. Nothing.

Please help me solve this problem or let me know details or anything if you have it. Thanks!

Another engine update broke gmod? *KEEP DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD* (http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1117242-Another-engine-update-broke-gmod-*KEEP-DISCUSSION-IN-THIS-THREAD*?p=31751323#post31751323)

It happens to everyone, not just you. Valve likes to fuck things up, garry's mod is fine the way it is why they TOUCHY. Also it's a engine update, so it might happen to more games now.

Im a Jackass
15 Aug 2011, 06:51pm
Same happening to me

t8rtits
15 Aug 2011, 07:00pm
MINE WORKS FINE, ALL OF YOU JUST RUN WINDOWS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA +1 for mac users

Kaos
15 Aug 2011, 07:09pm
Yeah i just read it on the forums: Garry's Mod won't start? - Page 2 - Steam Users' Forums (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2059733&page=2)

Atleast it isnt just me, although id really like to get back to Gmod soon. Garry keeps getting left such a burden.

And this is why the guys over at my clan Team Renegade call Valve the "Reoccurring Nightmare", due to its fetish of breaking CS:S. haha

Thanks for the info though, guys!

Sgt.Tarkus
15 Aug 2011, 08:01pm
I hate all these fucking updates

Sgt.Tarkus
15 Aug 2011, 08:22pm
you have a mac, so + -1 to mac users

Kratos
15 Aug 2011, 08:29pm
i can load it up and then it just freezes

Jizzy
16 Aug 2011, 03:23am
i can load it up and then it just freezes

Read the link para send it says that they all have that problem ...

Think we just have to play the waiting game till its back up and prob. perp will break cause of it then we play some more wating game..

sebak
8 Sep 2011, 08:40pm
i have the same problem. is this fixed?