PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if its a deal but.. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Free (no multilplayer)

Archy
13 Aug 2011, 11:44pm
So I was browsing g2play.net and I came across something strange. I tried it out and found out you can play the entire story game for free (at least I think... not sure as I've only played 10 min). I'll outline the steps to do it but I also have a copy of the downloader... just read the steps... and also comment if you want. You can pay the website $15 for an authentic key though (which would include multiplayer)so still a deal in my book.

1) go to G2PLAY.NET - BE SMART, PAY LESS ;) :: Assassin's Creed :: Assassin's creed Brotherhood With Download Link (http://www.g2play.net/store/Assassin-s-creed-Brotherhood-Retail-CD-Key.html)

2) scroll down to description and click the download the game link.

3) extract the downloader

4) use the downloader. After it completes just run the install (for me it ran like two installs at once (weird))

5) restart computer, when you open the game it will run a quick update patch

6) at log in screen, click "offline mode"

Now you're in the game, some features will be blocked out but I think you can still play the entire story. I'll try tomorrow morning and post an update.

Edit: BTW it took 7 hours to download with my 300 kb/s download

Edit: 48 hours and still no sign of malware

high rws
14 Aug 2011, 02:20am
never heard of that website before. also it doesn't seem safe at all, why not just use a torrent where you can look at the comments and verify its validity?

Nishok
14 Aug 2011, 08:14am
never heard of that website before. also it doesn't seem safe at all, why not just use a torrent where you can look at the comments and verify its validity?
Because even if a game is free, most likely it is still illegal to get it illegally (torrents, etc). Depending on the game/movie/etc's ToS

high rws
14 Aug 2011, 01:42pm
Because even if a game is free, most likely it is still illegal to get it illegally (torrents, etc). Depending on the game/movie/etc's ToS

well it's always going to be illegal unless you just purchase. i wouldn't trust it only because of the risk of getting infected, but i digress

Archy
14 Aug 2011, 04:17pm
Well I understand it is technically illegal. I'm confused myself but I've been using g2play for awhile (paying) and have never had any issues thus far. I was just curious when I saw I could download the game but I've had no problems with viruses or anything. I'm actually gonna buy a key soon but I thought it was interesting

Gator
14 Aug 2011, 05:32pm
I downloaded, opened and saw Brotherhood.exe - I'd recommend to any desperate people that its not worth risking to use that .exe.

Archy
14 Aug 2011, 05:52pm
Ill keep you guys posted if I get any viruses

Gator
14 Aug 2011, 07:12pm
Ill keep you guys posted if I get any viruses

Be sure to have a back up of your PC incase.

Zeke
14 Aug 2011, 08:03pm
Brotherhood was the best one imo, worth $15 for anyone who is thinking about it

kabLe
14 Aug 2011, 10:01pm
well it's always going to be illegal unless you just purchase. i wouldn't trust it only because of the risk of getting infected, but i digress

Your right, because theres absolutely no risk of viruses via torrenting.

"I'm not trolling you, I just think your an idiot" - Albania

Anyways, Brotherhood was alright, I'd recommend Assassins Creed 2 because it was fresh and Brotherhood was a sequel to Assasins Creed: 2. But yes, 15$ for a game like it is still a deal.

struki
15 Aug 2011, 12:21am
Oh you idiots,you are not gonna get infected,site is legit(though i bet they didnt intend it to get free games,its probably gonna get fixed soon.)

high rws
15 Aug 2011, 10:44am
Your right, because theres absolutely no risk of viruses via torrenting.

"I'm not trolling you, I just think your an idiot" - Albania

Anyways, Brotherhood was alright, I'd recommend Assassins Creed 2 because it was fresh and Brotherhood was a sequel to Assasins Creed: 2. But yes, 15$ for a game like it is still a deal.

first of all if you're going to quote my sig, get it right.

here is my original statement

"why not just use a torrent where you can look at the comments and verify its validity? "

read my signature again

struki
16 Aug 2011, 05:47am
first of all if you're going to quote my sig, get it right.

here is my original statement

"why not just use a torrent where you can look at the comments and verify its validity? "

read my signature again
Didnt we just say that the site is good?Those are comments too.

high rws
16 Aug 2011, 06:54am
Didnt we just say that the site is good?Those are comments too.

yeah...i was also the first commenter

and he replied to my first comment BEFORE anyone made any replies

kabLe
16 Aug 2011, 11:28am
Albania has down syndrome.

/thread

high rws
16 Aug 2011, 01:14pm
Albania has down syndrome.

/thread

lol i like how you couldn't make an intelligent response, and you knew i was right so you say that

okey dokey ♥