PDA

View Full Version : TTT Items

Golden Shower
12 Aug 2011, 10:14pm
I had suggested this in the TTT sub-forum, and I will be copypasta-ing most of this.

I believe that a wall planted trip mine with a barely noticeable laser that goes to the wall opposite of it, like, you know, in HL1, would be great in TTT.

I believe so because it can be used to cover you if you are sniping or trying to set up a trap. It has a slight delay from when you plant it to when the laser shows.

The damage would range of course, from how far away you are from the bomb when it explodes, up close and personal doing a lot of damage/instant death.

Pros: Good trap, Good Cover for sniping positions or if you are trying to stay hidden, explosive.

Cons: Noticeable if you look on the wall, unless you plant it well enough, can be used as a makeshift jihad, (if we were wanting to avoid that), you could plant it in a crowd and walk over it, it may be a pain in the ass to code, can kill friendlies and you yourself, can trap yourself in the area.

We've been in need of some nice TTT things, and I think this can contribute. The reason why I'm reiterating this idea is because not only was it in the wrong section, but it didn't get a ton of feedback. I hope this will be thought through thoroughly. I do believe it can add some great chuckles and some great strategies for the Tratiors.

-----------------------

While we are on the topic of Traitor items, I'd like to suggest a TMP as a traitor weapon, basically, a silenced mac-10, but with a bit of a smaller clip and a bit lesser damage. Let's face it, when it comes to silenced, the pistol doesn't always cut it. Plus, Elfbarf wouldn't have to rearm an assload of maps, all you would have to really do, that I know of, is make a world model and modify the gun a bit, though, that could be a lot of work.

------------------------

Now, detective item wise, to counter the wall mine, we could modify the defusal kit to defuse the wallmines, improving its usefulness. Also, I saw these in a couple of other servers, there is this shotgun, it has a low fire rate, and makes the target's blood yellow. I'm wanting to say it was called Dragon's Breath or something. Also. I saw that they had a P90 as a buyable weapon. Best for close range, 30 bullets or something to the clip, another clip, semi-rapid fire. Like mac10 fast.

That's all I can think of right now.

Jazzyy
13 Aug 2011, 07:05am
if SERVER then

AddCSLuaFile( "shared.lua" )
end

SWEP.HoldType = "ar2"
--uses the same slot as knife, uses SMG (mac10 & UMP45 ammo, but i might change it to something else)
if CLIENT then

SWEP.PrintName = "TMP"
SWEP.Author = "TTT"
SWEP.Slot = 6
SWEP.SlotPos = 0

SWEP.EquipMenuData = {
type="Weapon",
desc="An automatic silenced pistol!\n\n"
};

--do not have a icon for tmp
SWEP.Icon = "VGUI/ttt/icon_mac"
end

SWEP.Base = "weapon_tttbase"
SWEP.Spawnable = true
SWEP.AdminSpawnable = true
--ammo shit
SWEP.Kind = WEAPON_EQUIP
SWEP.WeaponID = AMMO_MAC10

--ttt gameplay shit
SWEP.CanBuy = {ROLE_TRAITOR} -- only traitors can buy
SWEP.LimitedStock = false -- only buyable once
SWEP.IsSilent = true

--damage stats shit
--to put into perspective what i changed, the TMP does less damage (9 dmg a bullet, meaning 12 bullets to kill a person without the use of headshots)
--slightly bigger recoil than the mac10 as well
--the delay is the same as the mac10 (fires at same rate)
--the cone however, is slightly bigger and is about double the spray of the pistol.
--the clip is 20 instead of 30. and that's pretty much it
SWEP.Primary.Damage = 9
SWEP.Primary.Recoil = 1.8
SWEP.Primary.Delay = 0.065
SWEP.Primary.Cone = 0.045
SWEP.Primary.ClipSize = 20
SWEP.Primary.ClipMax = 60
SWEP.Primary.DefaultClip = 20
SWEP.Primary.Automatic = true
SWEP.Primary.Ammo = "smg1"
SWEP.AutoSpawnable = true
SWEP.AmmoEnt = "item_ammo_smg1_ttt"
--can't remember what the sounds were
SWEP.Primary.Sound = Sound( "Weapon_mac10.Single" )
SWEP.ViewModel = "models/weapons/v_smg_tmp.mdl"
SWEP.WorldModel = "models/weapons/w_smg_tmp.mdl"
--these vectors are not correct, i'll make some later
SWEP.IronSightsPos = Vector( 6.62, -3, 2.9 )
SWEP.IronSightsAng = Vector( 0.7, 5.3, 7 )

the vectors are off but it should work, i don't know if i need to do animations or not (and god i hope i dont) but this should work for testan if anyone would like to try it, i don't know how to setup ttt weapons in game i just edited the mac10 lua file with some stats and switched around models and whatnot. ill make some vectors later as i have a tool to do that with ease in gmod.

as for the tripmine or whatever ill look into it.

Im a Jackass
13 Aug 2011, 08:58am
Oh this would be so cool at I said befor you could also use it to make traps. You can place the mine behind a box or something and if some one moves the box boom :D. I would love to see trip mines. THe cons can also go for the Jihad bomb so I dont see why you need to worrie about them. I say ADD IT :D

Elfbarf
13 Aug 2011, 10:46am
We REALLY need to add something new for detectives, I can't tell you how many times I find myself running around with 3 credits and nothing to spend them on.

I was talking to jazzy about possibly having some sort of anti-knife armor which would be an upgrade to the body armor which would block a single (if possible) knife attack. Another idea is possibly buffing the damage a bit on the UMP, I realize it fucks up aiming/movement but it really doesn't deal enough damage to be useful. I'm not saying that it should be as powerful as a mac10 (that'd be extremely overpowered) but a slight buff would be nice. I've seen other various weapons on other servers as well such as an AWP that deals a bit more damage than the scout (but doesn't 1-shot with body shots) and also includes the binoculars (which could at least use a buff, they take far too long to use). Instead of that we could just buff the binoculars (make it so it doesn't take 5-10 seconds to use) and add an auto-sniper as a separate weapon.

Im a Jackass
13 Aug 2011, 10:56am
We REALLY need to add something new for detectives, I can't tell you how many times I find myself running around with 3 credits and nothing to spend them on.

I was talking to jazzy about possibly having some sort of anti-knife armor which would be an upgrade to the body armor which would block a single (if possible) knife attack. Another idea is possibly buffing the damage a bit on the UMP, I realize it fucks up aiming/movement but it really doesn't deal enough damage to be useful. I'm not saying that it should be as powerful as a mac10 (that'd be extremely overpowered) but a slight buff would be nice. I've seen other various weapons on other servers as well such as an AWP that deals a bit more damage than the scout (but doesn't 1-shot with body shots) and also includes the binoculars (which could at least use a buff, they take far too long to use). Instead of that we could just buff the binoculars (make it so it doesn't take 5-10 seconds to use) and add an auto-sniper as a separate weapon.

maybe a auto sniper as a D gun only?

Jazzyy
13 Aug 2011, 11:15am
like i said to elfbart, i don't want detectives being gun aggressive. bad king's original intention was never to have detectives fight, they are meant to investigate.

i don't really see a problem with a razorback for detectives as i would simply make it so that knife damage does 50hp/hit so that it's like vanilla knife on detectives who buy the armor. i might try to make the visualizer glow on the detectives (albeit a different color) to tell traitors that they have the upgrade.

Golden Shower
13 Aug 2011, 11:45am

That's brilliant. I say we should make it a separate item, due to the fact that detectives already start out with body armor. The sniper is also a brilliant idea, the Detective doesn't have much to fend of the Ts with besides that sissy UMP. We should at the very least to buff it is to add a clip or two.

if SERVER then

AddCSLuaFile( "shared.lua" )
end

SWEP.HoldType = "ar2"
--uses the same slot as knife, uses SMG (mac10 & UMP45 ammo, but i might change it to something else)
if CLIENT then

SWEP.PrintName = "TMP"
SWEP.Author = "TTT"
SWEP.Slot = 6
SWEP.SlotPos = 0

SWEP.EquipMenuData = {
type="Weapon",
desc="An automatic silenced pistol!\n\n"
};

--do not have a icon for tmp
SWEP.Icon = "VGUI/ttt/icon_mac"
end

SWEP.Base = "weapon_tttbase"
SWEP.Spawnable = true
SWEP.AdminSpawnable = true
--ammo shit
SWEP.Kind = WEAPON_EQUIP
SWEP.WeaponID = AMMO_MAC10

--ttt gameplay shit
SWEP.CanBuy = {ROLE_TRAITOR} -- only traitors can buy
SWEP.LimitedStock = false -- only buyable once
SWEP.IsSilent = true

--damage stats shit
--to put into perspective what i changed, the TMP does less damage (9 dmg a bullet, meaning 12 bullets to kill a person without the use of headshots)
--slightly bigger recoil than the mac10 as well
--the delay is the same as the mac10 (fires at same rate)
--the cone however, is slightly bigger and is about double the spray of the pistol.
--the clip is 20 instead of 30. and that's pretty much it
SWEP.Primary.Damage = 9
SWEP.Primary.Recoil = 1.8
SWEP.Primary.Delay = 0.065
SWEP.Primary.Cone = 0.045
SWEP.Primary.ClipSize = 20
SWEP.Primary.ClipMax = 60
SWEP.Primary.DefaultClip = 20
SWEP.Primary.Automatic = true
SWEP.Primary.Ammo = "smg1"
SWEP.AutoSpawnable = true
SWEP.AmmoEnt = "item_ammo_smg1_ttt"
--can't remember what the sounds were
SWEP.Primary.Sound = Sound( "Weapon_mac10.Single" )
SWEP.ViewModel = "models/weapons/v_smg_tmp.mdl"
SWEP.WorldModel = "models/weapons/w_smg_tmp.mdl"
--these vectors are not correct, i'll make some later
SWEP.IronSightsPos = Vector( 6.62, -3, 2.9 )
SWEP.IronSightsAng = Vector( 0.7, 5.3, 7 )

the vectors are off but it should work, i don't know if i need to do animations or not (and god i hope i dont) but this should work for testan if anyone would like to try it, i don't know how to setup ttt weapons in game i just edited the mac10 lua file with some stats and switched around models and whatnot. ill make some vectors later as i have a tool to do that with ease in gmod.

as for the tripmine or whatever ill look into it.

I'm no coder, but I can't help but notice one thing wrong. Knife slot is 7. You put SWEP.slot to 6.

Also, gmod has a picture of the gun in the weapons menu that if you maybe change it to look blue with the background or something.

Jazzyy
13 Aug 2011, 11:55am
That's brilliant. I say we should make it a separate item, due to the fact that detectives already start out with body armor. The sniper is also a brilliant idea, the Detective doesn't have much to fend of the Ts with besides that sissy UMP. We should at the very least to buff it is to add a clip or two.

I'm no coder, but I can't help but notice one thing wrong. Knife slot is 7. You put SWEP.slot to 6.

Also, gmod has a picture of the gun in the weapons menu that if you maybe change it to look blue with the background or something.
SWEP.slot 6 is correct from looking at the knife's lua file as well as c4's and silenced pistols. i may need to update my repositories however because the ttt gamemode i have is really old

Golden Shower
13 Aug 2011, 01:42pm
SWEP.slot 6 is correct from looking at the knife's lua file as well as c4's and silenced pistols. i may need to update my repositories however because the ttt gamemode i have is really old

Yeah, may be a good idea, from what I recall, 6 is holstered, but then again, i'm just thinking of the numbers.

Golden Shower
20 Aug 2011, 01:00pm
updated OP to include more D items.

so bump.