PDA

View Full Version : GunGame Deathmatch

AmericanManiac
11 Aug 2011, 05:31am
Not sure if anyone else does but I play in a few gungame deathmatch servers that are pretty fun. If SG can start a gg server that would be pretty sweet IMHO....

BlackEagle
11 Aug 2011, 06:26am
I couldn't agree more really. It seems to be a popular game around too so I feel like the server would remain popular. I love GunGame so I approve.

Daze
11 Aug 2011, 07:15am
I've seen this sort of thread accumulate at least once every six months. We've had a GG server loads of times and I love it but it fails to stay busy...

Bullet Wound
11 Aug 2011, 11:45am
I've seen this sort of thread accumulate at least once every six months. We've had a GG server loads of times and I love it but it fails to stay busy...

I still think a rotating server would be a fun idea. Put on all the game modes that we have fun with but tend to fail after a short time.

Matt
11 Aug 2011, 11:54am
I still think a rotating server would be a fun idea. Put on all the game modes that we have fun with but tend to fail after a short time.

could not agree more with you on this bullet...use our hide and seek server and switch it from hide n seek to GG and maybe even napalm

BlackEagle
11 Aug 2011, 01:05pm

I suggested something like that earlier with all the ZE gamemodes like VIP, Breakfloor, Napalm, etc. Just rotate the maps like a minigames sort of server. I think GunGame should replace the forever empty Crackhouse.

Metal
11 Aug 2011, 07:05pm
I'd love to have one for a month

Paralyzed
11 Aug 2011, 07:13pm
We have plenty of servers right now, I think it's important we first start focussing to work on the population of some of those servers before trying another server. It might be good temporaily, but it was tried before and died after a few days. Just like some other servers did.

Perhaps changing the gamemode on one of the inactive servers to gain players interest again, but not any new servers. At least not untill most of the inactive servers are populated/removed again.

And yeah, maybe a modcycle as Bullet Wound suggested might be a good idea.

Im a Jackass
11 Aug 2011, 07:20pm
We have plenty of servers right now, I think it's important we first start focussing to work on the population of some of those servers before trying another server. It might be good temporaily, but it was tried before and died after a few days. Just like some other servers did.

Perhaps changing the gamemode on one of the inactive servers to gain players interest again, but not any new servers. At least not untill most of the inactive servers are populated/removed again.

And yeah, maybe a modcycle as Bullet Wound suggested could work.

seems when ever a new server comes along people say I want this server Im sure it will be full and they play it for about a week then they stop. Maybe if we got a server that changes modes every round from like GUn game,To BUnny hop to what ever the fuck else people want to play might be esayer then buying a new server every time some one wants to play something new and they are to lazy to go to another server.

SexualHarassmentPanda
11 Aug 2011, 07:27pm
Every round? That will be a an intense fucking server. But maybe every map would suffice. Fretta-like voting style before a map change would be sweet, but it sounds difficult to implement. Gungame to Rally Race to Tricks/BHop to Hide and Seek. I'm pretty sure everyone will be satisfied.

Harry
11 Aug 2011, 07:34pm
I still think a rotating server would be a fun idea. Put on all the game modes that we have fun with but tend to fail after a short time.Fretta in CS:S? Sounds cool. Fretta server on Gmod ran for a bit but was pretty fucked up (numerous gamemodes were buggy/shitty and was too much work).

Metal
11 Aug 2011, 07:42pm

And yeah, maybe a modcycle as Bullet Wound suggested might be a good idea.

Get rid of crack and hide and replace with gun game, kill two stones with one bird

Paralyzed
11 Aug 2011, 07:43pm
Fretta in CS:S? Sounds cool. Fretta server on Gmod ran for a bit but was pretty fucked up (numerous gamemodes were buggy/shitty and was too much work).Was soo much fun though... :(

kabLe
11 Aug 2011, 10:10pm
Maybe we can make a mod for CS:S where theres an invisible terrorist WE CAN CALL IT A PREDATOR. And we give them all shot guns and every time they shoot it takes off damage. But the "Predator" gets a knife only. But he gets 5 million health and runs super fast...yea sounds like an amazing mod :D

sebak
11 Aug 2011, 10:22pm
too many empty servers. waste of money paying for them.

BlackEagle
11 Aug 2011, 11:03pm
too many empty servers. waste of money paying for them.

I don't think money is a big issue haha. Besides the servers aren't being individually paid for they are run on a box so running empty servers isn't a big deal it's just a matter of space really.

high rws
12 Aug 2011, 10:29am
Maybe we can make a mod for CS:S where theres an invisible terrorist WE CAN CALL IT A PREDATOR. And we give them all shot guns and every time they shoot it takes off damage. But the "Predator" gets a knife only. But he gets 5 million health and runs super fast...yea sounds like an amazing mod :D

if you want that go play hidden: source

HZK
12 Aug 2011, 11:57am

That idea has been suggested in the whole CS:S community so many times :P

But it's more likely to end up as a map than a mod.