PDA

View Full Version : sebak's General Game Issues

sebak
10 Aug 2011, 12:20pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
General Game Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
kaspersky Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
derp Please state your problem here
Whenever i get infected by a zombie in ze or round ends. the screen turns white. Its my zombie vision and i can turn it off. but this happens whenever i can get infiected. and it gives me a huge disadvatange sincee i cant see shit. i know i can prly delete my cstrike folder but i got a lot of skins, customs sounds, gui/hud. anyone know which file is zombie vision so i can re-download it?

Spiffy
10 Aug 2011, 12:27pm
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\(USERNAME)\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\overlays\zr

zvision.vmt
zvision.vtf

sebak
10 Aug 2011, 12:41pm
bleh didnt work. even deleted the folder too. thanks for the attempt though.

Spiffy
10 Aug 2011, 02:15pm
I would re-install video drivers.

Shadowex3
11 Aug 2011, 05:24am
Tried turning off nightvision? Always worth giving the idiot solution a try.

What's your DXlevel?

RedM00N
11 Aug 2011, 05:56am
Make sure your running the game at Direct x 9. Simple way to check is put mat_dxlevel in console, should say 90 or higher. The new zm mod, which sucks cause of no more night-vision and dx 8 support(since I run on 8), requires dx9 for the zombie vision, and human/zombie win screens, and just gives you an annoying white screen when your running on 8.

sebak
11 Aug 2011, 09:42am
Tried turning off nightvision? Always worth giving the idiot solution a try.

What's your DXlevel?

well ofcourse i can turn off nv. it just takes a few seconds to turn off, but by then i prly get pushed back. or run in the wrong direction

Make sure your running the game at Direct x 9. Simple way to check is put mat_dxlevel in console, should say 90 or higher. The new zm mod, which sucks cause of no more night-vision and dx 8 support(since I run on 8), requires dx9 for the zombie vision, and human/zombie win screens, and just gives you an annoying white screen when your running on 8.

yea think im running dx 8.1. ill give it a try thanks

sebak
11 Aug 2011, 10:43pm
dx updated. and video drivers updated. still same problem...

high rws
12 Aug 2011, 01:37am
dx updated. and video drivers updated. still same problem...

you can always copy the skins/materials/models folders etc to save your custom skins and such and then delete cstrike

Spiffy
12 Aug 2011, 12:51pm
Straight from your signature Albania, "I'm not trolling, I just truly think you're an idiot."

sebak, you said you updated dxlevel. Did you type "mat_dxlevel 95" (or 90) in console or did you update directx on your computer?

sebak
12 Aug 2011, 01:12pm
i updated it on my comp. typed mat_dxlevel and it was set at 81. i switched it to 90. and works now. anyone tell you your a genious spiffy? only like me on my like 5 other tech support threads, and you fixing them. thanks

high rws
12 Aug 2011, 02:18pm
Straight from your signature Albania, "I'm not trolling, I just truly think you're an idiot."

sebak, you said you updated dxlevel. Did you type "mat_dxlevel 95" (or 90) in console or did you update directx on your computer?

i know you missed me :)

Spiffy
12 Aug 2011, 05:48pm
Genius is a huge strech, but thanks. :)