PDA

View Full Version : Faileron's General Game Issues

Faileron
8 Aug 2011, 07:46am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
General Game Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Kapersky Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
HP What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
N/A Please state your problem here
I was trying to play PERP server and I loaded the map (which took ages) and finally thought i was ready to play. However, when it was about to finished sending client info my Garry's mod closed and i got a message I have never seen before.

It said "Steam DLL isn'tworthy of our trust on line 76561197986022644"

I have tried to play it again and my Garry's mod crashed but I don't always get the message which i stated above.

Spiffy
8 Aug 2011, 08:07am
I would close steam and delete your steam.dll file in your steam folder (C:\Progam Files (x86)\Steam) and then open steam. It we download a new dll file.

Shadowex3
8 Aug 2011, 01:13pm
Have you installed any kind of third party content (custom anything) lately that wasn't a simple zip or rar file? Anything that used an installer or something like that?

Faileron
8 Aug 2011, 02:39pm
@ Spiffy - I tried that and although im not getting the error message anymore my garry's mod is still crashing when i try to load the PERP.
EDIT: I kept trying and the same error still appeared after i deleted and re-installed the steam.dll
@ Shadow - I haven't installed any third party stuff at all.

Spiffy
8 Aug 2011, 05:22pm
Any messages in console?

Faileron
12 Aug 2011, 02:59pm
Sorry for the long gap between replies. I can't access the console as it crashes during the load up when i can't open the console so I don't know sorry.

Gator
12 Aug 2011, 04:07pm
Through some google-fu it appears this issue is commonly associated with a pirated copy of Garry's Mod. The numbers in the error with "Steam dll not trust worthy" is your Steam Community ID.
I read about verifying your Gmod cache may help, so I would try that.
Also does this happen on other games?

Jazzyy
12 Aug 2011, 05:22pm
You've pirated a Steam game, uninstall it.

Spiffy
12 Aug 2011, 05:34pm
You've pirated a Steam game, uninstall it.

Please GTFO. If you did any research you would see quite a few people with legit copies are having this problem.

Gator
12 Aug 2011, 07:38pm
Try deleting ClientRegistry.blob - It appears to be a solution - At least for one guy.

Also Jazzyy - Even though this is known with pirated Gmods, It is occasionally a error on legit copies.

Faileron
13 Aug 2011, 11:16am
My game is still crashing but I'm not getting the steam.dll error. I am now getting a hl2.exe error.

Also to Jazzyy, I bought the game legitamately so please don't accuse when you don't know.

Gator
13 Aug 2011, 12:43pm
My game is still crashing but I'm not getting the steam.dll error. I am now getting a hl2.exe error.

Also to Jazzyy, I bought the game legitamately so please don't accuse when you don't know.

That's good, what is your hl2.exe error - more specifically, if it says anything.

Faileron
14 Aug 2011, 05:47am
it says 'hl2.exe has stopped working' then windows tries to fix it and fails and tells me it will tell me if it has a solutoin.

Gator
14 Aug 2011, 11:53pm
Update your drivers if you haven't recently, otherwise try these https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5688-IFHZ-2170