PDA

View Full Version : a few prop_physics questions

†nnf|ANX!3TY
8 May 2008, 10:43am
hi all,

this is my first post here but i play at the napalm server every free moment i get... okay, enough of that, on to my questions... ive made a couple battle arena style gg maps before, so i know my way around hammer well enough... i am currently working on my first zm map and have gotten to the point where props, lighting, and the sky is all i have left... i can handle the lighting and sky boxes fairly well, but the problem im running into is what to do to the props to make the physics engine treat them properly relative to the sizes of the models... fisrt off i know there is a prop_physics and a prop_physics_multiplayer... this brings me to my first question... being that the map is a mp map would the prop_physics_multiplayer be the better selection?... also i know that there is prop data involved in the treatment of the model... which is my second question... do i have to create/edit the propdata.txt? (which i cant seem to find even though i have source sdk base installed)... or can i just add the generic base_type values to the models under thier Keyvalues via the entities properties? (ie: add--> key: base--> value: Wooden.Large)... will that work?

thanks in advance

EvInReaLife
8 May 2008, 01:04pm
prop_physics_override works the best. Make sure to set the base to 1 not 0

†nnf|ANX!3TY
8 May 2008, 03:50pm
So in hammer make them all prop_physics_override... and set the base regardless of the size of the model to "1" under the entity properties? as in add--> Key: "base"--> Value: "1" ?