PDA

View Full Version : Traitor Item Suggestion

Golden Shower
3 Aug 2011, 03:11am
I'm not sure if it's doable, but, I believe that a wall planted trip mine with a barely noticeable laser that goes to the wall opposite of it, like, you know, in HL1, would be great in TTT.

I believe so because it can be used to cover you if you are sniping or trying to set up a trap. It has a slight delay from when you plant it to when the laser shows.

The damage would range of course, from how far away you are from the bomb when it explodes, up close and personal doing a lot of damage/instant death.

Pros: Good trap, Good Cover for sniping positions or if you are trying to stay hidden, explosive.

Cons: Noticeable if you look on the wall, unless you plant it well enough, can be used as a makeshift jihad, (if we were wanting to avoid that), you could plant it in a crowd and walk over it, it may be a pain in the ass to code, can kill friendlies and you yourself, can trap yourself in the area.

Suggestions: Make it 2 credits.

APenguin
3 Aug 2011, 05:07am
Great idea man! Start coding, and im sure we'd be happy to impliment it ASAP!

Jazzyy
3 Aug 2011, 06:14am
Porting the SLAM from HL2 wouldn't be hard, but honestly it'd be pretty noticable. Also you can only make traitor/detective items 1 credit. Bad King doesn't want ANYTHING being 2 credits, and I believe he has counter-measures to make sure you can't do it.

Oasis
3 Aug 2011, 09:26am
This sounds like a great idea!

Golden Shower
3 Aug 2011, 03:49pm
Great idea man! Start coding, and im sure we'd be happy to impliment it ASAP!

I can't code for the life of me D:

Porting the SLAM from HL2 wouldn't be hard, but honestly it'd be pretty noticable. Also you can only make traitor/detective items 1 credit. Bad King doesn't want ANYTHING being 2 credits, and I believe he has counter-measures to make sure you can't do it.

It would be very noticeable, unless we had it bury in the wall a slight bit more, or something, I imagine there a code for that. Also, for the credits thing, I wasn't aware of that. Heh, disregard the whole 2 credits part, turns out body armor is equipped by default and I thought that was something for 2 credits.

This sounds like a great idea!

Yeah, it came to me while I was watching a traitor get caught by someone being sneaky.

Im a Jackass
3 Aug 2011, 05:08pm
This sounds really cool. You could also set up traps with the mine too if its lazer actavated. You Could pu it behind a box and if some one moves the box it goes boom. This would be a really good TTT T thing I would love to see this. Also it would be cool if you could by a pack of 5 or something not just one.

Golden Shower
3 Aug 2011, 09:18pm
This sounds really cool. You could also set up traps with the mine too if its lazer actavated. You Could pu it behind a box and if some one moves the box it goes boom. This would be a really good TTT T thing I would love to see this. Also it would be cool if you could by a pack of 5 or something not just one.

A pack of maybe 2 or 3 would be best. That way it wouldn't be overpowered.

Lucid
4 Aug 2011, 12:07am
As long as it kills afamad I'll support it.