PDA

View Full Version : Moo Moo Viking's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Moo Moo Viking
2 Aug 2011, 05:18pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Dell XPS 420? Please state your problem here
Started today my computer started to make some sounds in the tower never heard it before not sure how to explain but if you have any ideas what is can be let me know >:% and no i don't know allot about computers.

Annoying sound.

Tweezy
2 Aug 2011, 05:29pm
Could be a lot of things. Did you leave anything in your CD Tray? If so, could be the Drive making the noise. Your Fan might be spinning as a higher RPM.

If any issues start to arrise let us know, if not that I don't think there is much to worry about. If the noise happens every time you boot up, try filming it with a phone then uploading to us.

RedM00N
2 Aug 2011, 05:32pm
Okay, I have a good idea what the source of the sound may be but first I need you to answer these two questions:

1. Does the sound tend to be on most or all of the time, and if so doe it do it right when you turn on your pc?

2. When running programs that put high load/stress, like counter strike source, does the sound seem to do either one or all of the following: speed up/get louder/seems to have a higher pitch, and when you close css does it tend to slow down/get quieter and become less frequent?

Moo Moo Viking
2 Aug 2011, 08:27pm
Okay, I have a good idea what the source of the sound may be but first I need you to answer these two questions:

1. Does the sound tend to be on most or all of the time, and if so doe it do it right when you turn on your pc?

2. When running programs that put high load/stress, like counter strike source, does the sound seem to do either one or all of the following: speed up/get louder/seems to have a higher pitch, and when you close css does it tend to slow down/get quieter and become less frequent?

1: Sound go on off sometimes

2: Yes it starts mostly in CS:S and G-mod now but then again it stops and running on desktop makes more noise

And starts on PC turn on I did reboot it for few hours just let it wait about 5 hours today same thing.

Spiffy
2 Aug 2011, 08:49pm
When is the last time you used one of these:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGIvOSbGwH25IyFdvmDz2z3csM9hsAb E1Lc5DswVIweVBUN_Qs

RedM00N
2 Aug 2011, 09:17pm
Based on what you said, it sound like the problem may just be a simple wire that has somehow managed to work its way towards one of your pc's cooling fans, which is the reason why I asked the second q

Edit--
Somehow my phone didnt upload my post correctly, and after everything i wrote to :(

Ill try to re-write what I wrote... what a bummer.

Tweezy
3 Aug 2011, 04:06am
1: Sound go on off sometimes

2: Yes it starts mostly in CS:S and G-mod now but then again it stops and running on desktop makes more noise

And starts on PC turn on I did reboot it for few hours just let it wait about 5 hours today same thing.

Clean your computer. Take the side off, get rid of all the dust on your CPU Heatsink/Fan.

Shadowex3
5 Aug 2011, 03:50am
I leave for a while and everybody forgets to ask the important question: Describe the noise, is it like a clicking type sound or is it more cyclical and whirring/buzzing/humming sounding? If it's the latter then smacking the case (not too hard) should make it go away or change. If it's the former then IMMEDIATELY begin backing up everything you can't stand to lose in case it's the Click Of Death.

Epsilon
5 Aug 2011, 04:45am
I leave for a while and everybody forgets to ask the important question: Describe the noise, is it like a clicking type sound or is it more cyclical and whirring/buzzing/humming sounding? If it's the latter then smacking the case (not too hard) should make it go away or change. If it's the former then IMMEDIATELY begin backing up everything you can't stand to lose in case it's the Click Of Death.

Yeah I guess
so Moo just in case you don't know
the first noise shadow asked about means your HDD is ready to hit the DEEP 6(die)
the other noise could be what the other people described
also its a good idea to perform general maintenance on the computer regularly including back-ups and dusting off the case and its components

Tweezy
5 Aug 2011, 05:02am

If moo read my first post, I asked him to record it so we could hear what kind of noise it is.

Shadowex3
5 Aug 2011, 08:43pm
Blah brain skipped over "filming" for some reason.