PDA

View Full Version : Second Zombie Escape server for old maps

Castiel
2 Aug 2011, 09:55am
I'm not one for words, but this paranoid/lotr/mako on repeat constantly is just awful. We want the old maps where teamwork is required, and you use more than the W and E buttons to run and use materias/weapons!

TL;DR OLDFAGS WANT OLDFAG SERVER

Nasu
2 Aug 2011, 09:58am
Fix the old maps first

Frosty
2 Aug 2011, 10:00am
but this paranoid/lotr/mako on repeat constantly is just awful.
TL;DR OLDFAGS WANT OLDFAG SERVER

Agreed, but no need for a new server, just make it so they can't be on 80%

Castiel
2 Aug 2011, 10:03am
Just because I haven't been around SG for that long doesn't mean I didn't play elsewhere.

Jaffa
2 Aug 2011, 10:04am
If we get a 2nd server and only put old maps on, it'll be empty most of the time, until the 4 people who want to play old maps 24/7 decide to play for 5 minutes, then bitch when people join who don't fulfill their nostalgic memory of old map players

Drox
2 Aug 2011, 10:05am
It will most likely not live long, just like if we did vice versa and had all the new maps move to a 2nd server. It will also die, a 2nd ze server just never works for some odd reason.

Castiel
3 Aug 2011, 10:43am
Hey, if you guys won't spend the resources on this, can I? I host servers, and I'd have no problem setting one up, the only problem is getting the information to the oldfags

Castiel
5 Aug 2011, 04:22pm
This thread is srs bsns.

sebak
5 Aug 2011, 04:34pm
need to get the 1st one full first. which it never does unless minas tirith is on. so how about noooooooooo

Afamad 2.1
5 Aug 2011, 05:06pm
need to get the 1st one full first. which it never does unless minas tirith is on. so how about noooooooooo

When you made that post, the server was full playing ze_rooftop_escape. Then we changed to ze_I_Am_Legend and it was still full. Hell, it's full when we're playing Biohazard and deathstar. Stop kissing Minas Tirith's ass.

Baykal
5 Aug 2011, 05:41pm
When you made that post, the server was full playing ze_rooftop_escape. Then we changed to ze_I_Am_Legend and it was still full. Hell, it's full when we're playing Biohazard and deathstar. Stop kissing Minas Tirith's ass.

It was full on atix helicopter, boat escape and elevator escape before that aswell :P

However, I agree with what has been posted already, it would most likely die out

high rws
5 Aug 2011, 05:44pm
judging by andre's earlier posts to these i doubt this would be approved..but support

sebak
5 Aug 2011, 10:11pm
im not kissing its ass. in fact i hate that map since i get stressed out whenevr i get prop blocked. like every round.im just saying i havnt seen the server full all week. except today. prly all these useless threads that pop up made some ppl go back to ze.

Jazz
6 Aug 2011, 08:20am
Support. But note, it's easy to say "I want old ze server back" but its another thing when you actually have it and its succesful. So make sure to fill it up if we get it. Tell all your friends in your friends list to join if necessary.

hanehane
6 Aug 2011, 08:44am
scrue the 2nd server :P i want napalm back lol

Castiel
6 Aug 2011, 09:19am
I have some friends who play ZE, and I'm sure the cool kids who support this would be able to help too. And as I asked earlier, if this is rejected, can I host one and give the IP to the oldfags who want it? I'm not asking for it to be an SG server, just not to get bantarded if I give the IP to certain players ..

andre1028
6 Aug 2011, 11:00am
maybe

Castiel
6 Aug 2011, 09:33pm
maybe

<3

Tweezy
7 Aug 2011, 05:12pm
I would love for something like this to happen, but it wouldn't... The server would be dead 90% of the time.

Im a Jackass
7 Aug 2011, 05:43pm
something that might work out without having to spend cash is make it so every friday or something they only old school maps.

Castiel
7 Aug 2011, 06:32pm
Who says they'd be spending cash?

andre1028
7 Aug 2011, 06:40pm
Tbh after how well today went I think a regulated old school map day (once a week, once every two weeks, once a month, up to you) like BWGT would be good. The old maps would hopefully attract interest from the newer players and get populated while the older population could satisfy their nostalgia one day at a time. It's better than adding in another 30+ slot dedicated server on an already cramped dedicated box that will just divide the player base more than it has been divided. So yeah, it's a no and a yes.

Im a Jackass
7 Aug 2011, 07:36pm
Tbh after how well today went I think a regulated old school map day (once a week, once every two weeks, once a month, up to you) like BWGT would be good. The old maps would hopefully attract interest from the newer players and get populated while the older population could satisfy their nostalgia one day at a time. It's better than adding in another 30+ slot dedicated server on an already cramped dedicated box that will just divide the player base more than it has been divided. So yeah, it's a no and a yes.

looks like Ill be playing ZE more :)

Zeke
8 Aug 2011, 01:47am
24/7 Oldfag maps = I stay on the server longer and don't quit when minas gets voted. The old map day was awesome, best time I've had in a long time.