PDA

View Full Version : A new addition to Garry's Mod?

Ankleteeth
1 Aug 2011, 12:37am
Hi, if you read my introduction thread, you would know that I am a experienced LUA coder. I have been coding for about 4 years.

The most worked-on project I have ever had, and still have, is a custom gamemode by me, Stranded++. This is my current pitch to get to added to the SteamGamers servers.

Stranded++ is a complete remake of Stranded v.01 beta. It is nothing like any Stranded server out now. It is basically a simple, non-complex build Stranded. If it is possible I would at least like to test the gamemode out with you guys.

This gamemode has been built so that it would be played for hours and still have something to do. It is fully loaded with achievements and other time consuming things.

I would host the test server, but my dedicated box is getting worked too hard with my Minecraft servers.

If one of the higher-ups of the Garry's Mod community could please contact me, I would love to explain more and as much as you would like. I would still hopefully be updating it to the suggestions that we would get from the forums, along with possible bugs.

I also have a updated version of TTT by me. And then I have other custom gamemodes by me, GoFish 4, Flood 3, and GForts. Just contact me if you can host a server and we could test any of these.

If possible I would like to become the LUA coder if one has not already gotten the role. I do not play the Garry's Mod servers now, but maybe will start later.

Nishok
1 Aug 2011, 04:08am
Does this stranded gamemode have an anti-QQ system in it? That would mean a lot for SG tho.

In all seriousness, If you can try and host a testserver, I'd gladly join it to test.

Tweezy
1 Aug 2011, 05:20am
We've been needing a LUA coder for a while. Contact Spartan, he'll be the person to tell you Yes/No.

Nasu
1 Aug 2011, 05:25am
I loveee stranded =D

What are the additions ontop of the normal stranded gamemode?

Ankleteeth
1 Aug 2011, 06:12am
Does this stranded gamemode have an anti-QQ system in it? That would mean a lot for SG tho.

In all seriousness, If you can try and host a testserver, I'd gladly join it to test.

It has a damage system for all players level 5+. So no noobs can go around hitting people. That is also why I am asking for this gamemode to be SG only. My current dedicated box can't support it and my 8 Minecraft servers. I simply can't host it.

We've been needing a LUA coder for a while. Contact Spartan, he'll be the person to tell you Yes/No.

Thanks, hopefully he will see this post. I wish someone would have directed me after they read my introduction post. It included that I have been coding multiple languages for about 4 years now.

I loveee stranded =D

What are the additions ontop of the normal stranded gamemode?

Like I said in the original post, it is a re-create from Stranded v.01 beta. It was the first released, it is fun because of the no restriction prop menu, besides addons of course. And its simplistic gameplay.

(von dutch) delta force 8
1 Aug 2011, 09:40am
Ok so correct me if wrong but it's Stranded with achievments, unlimited props and some basic gameplay balancing? Or am I missing something?

Nasu
1 Aug 2011, 10:34am
Unlimited props sounds bad and I kinda liked the current version of stranded, although it needed lots of improvements for pvp

Ankleteeth
1 Aug 2011, 11:50am
No no no, not unlimited props, there is a large limit, but the resources are kept down from, Mining = Iron, and Stone. Iron is the biggest used resource. resources range from 1 iron(the basic basing wall) to 125 iron, the rebuilt container. Stone is used for little things that can help you. The reason it is more pvp and build based is because your resources are NOT protected, anybody can run up and steal it. However if you are a high enough level to protect it with your hands, you can hit them with your fists. Damage with fists starts at level 5, and you do 5 damage, at level 6 it is 5-6 damage and so on. I am adding tons of achievements as well. I have made a few maps that suit the gameplay well. And there are tons of minor things that improve gameplay, for instance, instead of rushing to the water and spamming E, you can just stand there and it will go up by itself, use E to make it go faster too. The buildings(structures have been reduced so there are only 3, Workbench, Stove, Well. There are only 1 set of tools as well, none of that complicated copper-iron-steel. I hated that.

high rws
1 Aug 2011, 01:57pm
pics of maps? anything? you keep telling us you've had 4 years of experience with lua coding/source SDK but you're not showing us any visuals..

vorter
1 Aug 2011, 09:53pm
Hmm, never played these.
I hope SG will have them up for beta or something.
We've really been needing a Lua coder recently. (because of PERP)

Epsilon
2 Aug 2011, 04:16am
Does this stranded gamemode have an anti-QQ system in it?

We would find a way to break it

Ankleteeth
2 Aug 2011, 04:19am
Hmm, never played these.
I hope SG will have them up for beta or something.
We've really been needing a Lua coder recently. (because of PERP)

I talked with Spartan about PERP, and I don't really know what he wants/community wants me to do. And I will host a small test server for Stranded++ soon.

(von dutch) delta force 8
2 Aug 2011, 04:24am
Yo, I like the whole idea of this and as long as you keep active and heed advice from the community I'd love to be a tester ;)