PDA

View Full Version : My Admin Application for being a TTT Admin in a video...of course. Its 11 minutes.

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 12:43pm
‪jakez - Admin Application [The Epic 11 Minute Video]‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6GxPWFO5jE)

Written:

Dear Steam Gamers Admin, Staff, Boards, and Members.

I am posting this here because there is no other place to post it, due to the fact that submissions are currently closed. I realize the slim chances I have. I realize I'll have to wait months to apply again. But all of the risks and all of the chances I am taking I am taking with a open, sober mind, anxious to see the answer. I know I can do this job. I know I'd be good at it. I know I wouldn't land my ass in trouble with it as well. Though I do have a history of trolling and "rdming" (though many admins have agreed they have no proof/viable reason), I hope it does not reflect on my proffesional capabilities to admin a server. The expeirence I've aquired over the years is far more than I'm sure you expect. I have been with SG for almost 2 months. I have been with Gmod for almost 4 years. I have been with admins and commuinities helping them grow and helping the players play games smoothley for 2 years. I hope you see my view. Because the fact of the matter is:
There are rarely admins on the TTT server. And this needs to be fixed. I am on this server every day for hours on end without admins, and rdming isnt uncommon in any sense. I know that I'd also get admin on RP, CSS, ect., but TTT is my main strong hold. If you have any questions, please PM me.
Also, the TTT server will start soon, as I have found a server. :)

Much love and respect
~Jake.

Huwajux
29 Jul 2011, 12:45pm
Admin applications aren't open. You even acknowledge that, so I'm not sure why you would do this.

Korean Ninja
29 Jul 2011, 12:45pm
faggot ur a disgrace

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 12:49pm
@Huwajux Because there needs to be admins on the server. Its a game mode that needs a higher power on it constantly, and that is not happening. I've offered my services due to my experience and intelligence with servers and due to the fact I play hours a day (I lack a real life, I mean ffs, I make videos for a game server).
@Korean You're mad because I do your job better than you. Come back when you doctor /troll.

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 12:50pm
And regardless, I had SO MUCH fun making the video, so it wasn't for nothing :).
It really brought the community together with making this video (well at least with the people participating) and It was really fun :)
And the blooper reel, once that comes out, it'll be fucking hilarious.

Drox
29 Jul 2011, 01:14pm
lol nice video

fanatiik
29 Jul 2011, 01:16pm
the credibility of this video is none cause afamad was in it.

But seriously i laughed when afamad said who jakez be a good admin? NO!

Why so much hate on korean?

Afamad 2.1
29 Jul 2011, 01:18pm
My name is Fanatiik and I smell like applesauce.

Hiphopopotomus
29 Jul 2011, 01:26pm
Hhaha, just like old times eh?

vorter
29 Jul 2011, 01:28pm
My name is Fanatiik and I smell like applesauce.

Oh, Afamad...

Irish
29 Jul 2011, 01:38pm
Well when an admin isnt in there you can always make player complaints...just saying...

Nice video made me laughed a little.

Elfbarf
29 Jul 2011, 01:42pm
Might want to stop RDMing if you want to be an admin so badly.

Also for any BDs/AOs who are reading, here's something to consider.

I am posting this here because there is no other place to post it, due to the fact that submissions are currently closed. I realize the slim chances I have. I realize I'll have to wait months to apply again. But all of the risks and all of the chances I am taking I am taking with a open, sober mind, anxious to see the answer. I know I can do this job. I know I'd be good at it. I know I wouldn't land my ass in trouble with it as well. Though I do have a history of trolling and "rdming" (though many admins have agreed they have no proof/viable reason), I hope it does not reflect on my professional capabilities to admin a server. The experience I've acquired over the years is far more than I'm sure you expect. I have been with SG for almost 11 months. I have been with Gmod for almost a year and have over 500 hours played on our TTT server. I have been with admins and communities helping them grow and helping the players play games smoothly for 4+ years. I hope you see my view. Because the fact of the matter is:
There are rarely admins on the TTT server. And this needs to be fixed. I am on this server every day for hours on end without admins, and rdming isnt uncommon in any sense. I know that I'd also get admin on RP, CSS, ect., but TTT is my main strong hold. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Afamad 2.1
29 Jul 2011, 01:48pm
Dear God if Elfbarf becomes admin, I'd be banned in 5 seconds. I could just accidently cough into the microphone, and he'd say I was RDMing someone.

Repus
29 Jul 2011, 01:53pm
THATS IT, from now on all admin applications need to be 10 minute youtube videos!

and btw, eat burger or two.

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 02:07pm
:D. Im glad you guys like it
Koreans hate is a joke btw.
Also, I really am serious about this.

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 02:08pm
Well when an admin isnt in there you can always make player complaints...just saying...

Nice video made me laughed a little.

Player complaints are nice, but hardly ever are addressed right as they are made.
Which means alot when a 6 year old finds himself with a shot gun and the complete rage of being innocent every round.

Elfbarf
29 Jul 2011, 02:23pm
:D. Im glad you guys like it
Koreans hate is a joke btw.
Also, I really am serious about this.

Making a cute video doesn't make up for 4 RDM bans (and a perm) within the last month and a half.

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 02:30pm
Making a cute video doesn't make up for 4 RDM bans (and a perm) within the last month and a half.

The perma ban was denied because It was a huge misunderstanding, as well as the ban before that (admins have made these statements).

My other ban was with Korean and even he didnt want to ban me. It 1:50 in the morning and no one was taking the game seriously except for 1 kid, and everyone was joking around having fun, and he got butt hurt.
Korean did what he had to do.

Paching (my first ban) said that he shouldn't have even banned me in the first place.

Yea, I've gotten banned, but I've mostly just been in the wrong place in the wrong time.
Also I troll a bit too much.

And I never made the video to make up for my bans in the first place
Im doing this simply because I want to help the server, and It needs help. I will be equally satisfied if there were admins present ALOT more or if I was just maybe a operator on JUST the TTT server. I'm trying to help, not climb my way to the top.

Tweezy
29 Jul 2011, 02:39pm
I loved your video :) To be honest, even with the bans I would love to say yes, but you haven't been here long enough. Only a small selection of people know you. Also, to be an admin on TTT you need to be an admin on all servers. Stick around more, talk to more people and you'll be an admin soon :)

Get on vent as well :) Very important xD

Afamad 2.1
29 Jul 2011, 02:42pm
I loved your video :) To be honest, even with the bans I would love to say yes, but you haven't been here long enough. Only a small selection of people know you. Also, to be an admin on TTT you need to be an admin on all servers. Stick around more, talk to more people and you'll be an admin soon :)

Get on vent as well :) Very important xD

I stick around here and talk to people yet I don't have admin.

Elfbarf
29 Jul 2011, 02:42pm
The perma ban was denied because It was a huge misunderstanding, as well as the ban before that (admins have made these statements).

My other ban was with Korean and even he didnt want to ban me. It 1:50 in the morning and no one was taking the game seriously except for 1 kid, and everyone was joking around having fun, and he got butt hurt.
Korean did what he had to do.

Paching (my first ban) said that he shouldn't have even banned me in the first place.

Yea, I've gotten banned, but I've mostly just been in the wrong place in the wrong time.
Also I troll a bit too much.

And I never made the video to make up for my bans in the first place
Im doing this simply because I want to help the server, and It needs help. I will be equally satisfied if there were admins present ALOT more or if I was just maybe a operator on JUST the TTT server. I'm trying to help, not climb my way to the top.

Hey, I can do this too!

My first ban was for saying the N word a single time the first time I was on the server, at the time I believe the MOTD showing the rules was broken (and it didn't get fixed for quite a while) and I didn't receive any warning (nor did I say it multiple times).

My 2nd ban was for throwing a single incendiary grenade when someone was blocking me in a bathroom stall, after it exploded (and hit the 2 of us) several people walked into the fire and an ex-admin threw a discombob which caused a few other people to take a bit of damage from the fire. I had ~700 karma afterwards and no one was upset about it yet an hour later I got banned for 3 days (once again, without any sort of warning). I tried to appeal this ban for 2 days (via PMing Thebanhammer) but never received a reply until I asked him in vent about it and he unbanned me because "he was feeling nice".

My 3rd ban was an accident, Duh Oh was on his brother's account (this was before he had SA) and accidentally banned me for having a similar name with someone else who had been RDMing/trolling.

My 4th ban was for RDM, in the previous round I was innocent and used process of elimination to kill the last traitor. Thebanhammer (or maybe he was Thor by then, I'm not even sure) was his traitor partner and banned me for an hour for killing him. I tried to explain to him why I had killed the traitor (there were 4 people left, a detective, another confirmed inno, the traitor, and I) but he refused to listen and instead banned me without warning.

I'm not even sure what the 5th ban was for, the person who banned me is listed as "Admin deleted" and I don't even remember receiving it.

My 6th ban was for avoiding mute, before being muted I was having a conversation with Bad Dog when Duh Oh connected to the server and immediately began bitching at me and telling me to shut up. I told him that if he had an issue with me talking he could feel free to personally mute me but instead he chose to globally mute me. I avoided said mute (as it was unwarranted, I wasn't mic spamming at all) and immediately received a ban.

My 7th ban was another mistake, this time due to some kid using SethHacks to namespoof. Doctor Dan missed and accidentally banned me instead of the other guy.

---------------------------------

Regardless of how retarded your bans may be, they still count against you. Making cute videos in your free time doesn't mean you deserve to be an admin.

Zaraki
29 Jul 2011, 02:45pm
Any higher up giving this faggot admin just because he can make a vid and begs for it.. can go live in Africa and grow AIDS..
Because i'm sure this is not the way a proper admin would want to show he's fit for the job.

Huwajux
29 Jul 2011, 02:50pm
Any higher up giving this faggot admin just because he can make a vid and begs for it.. can go live in Africa and grow AIDS..
What in the fuck...? That's quite worrying, are you okay?

Drox
29 Jul 2011, 02:53pm
Jeez, y'all acting like a bunch of girl scouts. No one said he was gonna be given admin since we do things by the book when they open the admin apps using some kind of voting process (Unless you're a close friend of someone higher up...then you get shoe horned in). So chill out noob supporters. lol

Zaraki
29 Jul 2011, 02:55pm
What in the fuck...? That's quite worrying, are you okay?

I need booze srry :(
But beggin for admin..? Jeez that trick is overrated :p

Bad Dog
29 Jul 2011, 03:04pm
I need booze srry :(

I dont think its booze you need, maybe more like a 3rd grade education. Grow aids...?

I stick around here and talk to people yet I don't have admin.

Because we hate you.

Afamad 2.1
29 Jul 2011, 03:13pm
Because we hate you.

I think you're only speaking for yourself when you say that. I know for a fact that Psyche is one of my best friends ever.

Phonicz
29 Jul 2011, 03:34pm
Banned within the week

Supa
29 Jul 2011, 04:36pm
I am in favor of him replacing Korean.

Psyche
29 Jul 2011, 04:58pm
Dear God if Elfbarf becomes admin, I'd be banned in 5 seconds. I could just accidently cough into the microphone, and he'd say I was RDMing someone.

Good, I'm voting for him then.

Im a Jackass
29 Jul 2011, 05:04pm
HOW DARE YOU PUT MY NAME NEAR ALFAMADS

hV
29 Jul 2011, 05:37pm
I thought you were like 12 before looking at those videos (TL;DW)

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 05:42pm
Hey, I can do this too!

My first ban was for saying the N word a single time the first time I was on the server, at the time I believe the MOTD showing the rules was broken (and it didn't get fixed for quite a while) and I didn't receive any warning (nor did I say it multiple times).

My 2nd ban was for throwing a single incendiary grenade when someone was blocking me in a bathroom stall, after it exploded (and hit the 2 of us) several people walked into the fire and an ex-admin threw a discombob which caused a few other people to take a bit of damage from the fire. I had ~700 karma afterwards and no one was upset about it yet an hour later I got banned for 3 days (once again, without any sort of warning). I tried to appeal this ban for 2 days (via PMing Thebanhammer) but never received a reply until I asked him in vent about it and he unbanned me because "he was feeling nice".

My 3rd ban was an accident, Duh Oh was on his brother's account (this was before he had SA) and accidentally banned me for having a similar name with someone else who had been RDMing/trolling.

My 4th ban was for RDM, in the previous round I was innocent and used process of elimination to kill the last traitor. Thebanhammer (or maybe he was Thor by then, I'm not even sure) was his traitor partner and banned me for an hour for killing him. I tried to explain to him why I had killed the traitor (there were 4 people left, a detective, another confirmed inno, the traitor, and I) but he refused to listen and instead banned me without warning.

I'm not even sure what the 5th ban was for, the person who banned me is listed as "Admin deleted" and I don't even remember receiving it.

My 6th ban was for avoiding mute, before being muted I was having a conversation with Bad Dog when Duh Oh connected to the server and immediately began bitching at me and telling me to shut up. I told him that if he had an issue with me talking he could feel free to personally mute me but instead he chose to globally mute me. I avoided said mute (as it was unwarranted, I wasn't mic spamming at all) and immediately received a ban.

My 7th ban was another mistake, this time due to some kid using SethHacks to namespoof. Doctor Dan missed and accidentally banned me instead of the other guy.

---------------------------------

Regardless of how retarded your bans may be, they still count against you. Making cute videos in your free time doesn't mean you deserve to be an admin.

You are really starting to piss me off.
My bans were null'd BY admins. Meaning they took my side.
For some reason you are incredibly butthurt over me and I have no idea why. If you have some kind of grudge, it'd be nice for you to drop it.
Again, I never once said EVER that the video made me DESERVE admin, so please stop putting words in my mouth.
I want to be come admin for the sole reason of helping the TTT server.
I hate playing on it when theres RDMers. Its no longer fun and it ruins the game for everyone. Most admins play on PERP or CSS -- That is a fact. You cannot deny that. I'm sick of your posts targeting me for what ever reason you have.

Oh and by the way, my videos aren't "cute", so stop trying to downplay everything I do.

And @Zaraki
I'm not begging for admin. I even say in the video "Do not treat me differently because I am making a video".
So kindly read why I want to be admin, and stop spamming my thread.

duhoh
29 Jul 2011, 05:44pm
campaigning is instant DQ isn't it?

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 05:47pm

I wasn't campaigning?
I was just having fun with a video. Its not like I sent out mass emails asking people to vote for me.

duhoh
29 Jul 2011, 05:49pm
I wasn't campaigning?
I was just having fun with a video. Its not like I sent out mass emails asking people to vote for me.

and your chances keep increasing brah.

whether you intended it that way or not, it still comes off that way.

hV
29 Jul 2011, 05:50pm
I honestly think we need MORE admins with ban records. It shows the community that we aren't bias assholes! (we're just stupid)

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 05:57pm
and your chances keep increasing brah.

whether you intended it that way or not, it still comes off that way.

My apologies then.
Again, I just want to help.

Zaraki
29 Jul 2011, 05:59pm

Son, i think i have misjudged you all along.

<3

Hiphopopotomus
29 Jul 2011, 06:11pm
If you want to help, make a player complaint. As long as you have evidence it works out fine.

UltimateCookieShark
29 Jul 2011, 07:12pm
What is this shenenigans.

Cromyth
29 Jul 2011, 07:26pm
Not sure if trolling..
Also, why did you ask members if they thought you should be admin? If you ride their dicks ofc they are going to say you do, ask someone thats brutally honest.

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 08:18pm
Not sure if trolling..
Also, why did you ask members if they thought you should be admin? If you ride their dicks ofc they are going to say you do, ask someone thats brutally honest.

In no way did I influence their answers. They were aloud to say what ever they wanted.

Metal
29 Jul 2011, 08:20pm
I'd say give him limited Admin powers and see how he does.
He is showing he wants to be admin and what not, but if you can wait till the admin apps return you might have a higher chance.

Ms. Blargh
29 Jul 2011, 08:37pm
You all are just mad you didn't think of it first.

Irish
29 Jul 2011, 08:53pm
I know I am mad :mad: well more sad then mad I think :cry:

itsjakez
29 Jul 2011, 09:35pm
I'd say give him limited Admin powers and see how he does.
He is showing he wants to be admin and what not, but if you can wait till the admin apps return you might have a higher chance.

I would be more than happy with that.
When do admin apps return? And would I be able to repost my video?

Chainedlord
29 Jul 2011, 09:58pm
I want to be like you.

Nutri
29 Jul 2011, 10:21pm
Well it seems like the only way to oneup you is... A SONG! wait no.... A SONG AND MUSIC VIDEO! I'm going to need some backup dancers for my video, and some people who can pretend to play instruments.

Elfbarf
30 Jul 2011, 12:03am
You are really starting to piss me off.

Good, that was what I was aiming for.

My bans were null'd BY admins. Meaning they took my side.

Not at all, I've talked to Evil about your most recent ban (and perm) and he didn't side with you at all, you were only unbanned because of your first video. It was clear to him that you attempted to RDM Paralyzed but got 1-deaged which caused you to ragequit immediately afterwards.

Also, if your other bans were "null'd", why didn't you appeal any of them? None of them were removed, just expired.

For some reason you are incredibly butthurt over me and I have no idea why. If you have some kind of grudge, it'd be nice for you to drop it.

I'm not a big fan of attention whores. Also, most of the time when I've seen you on TTT you're either RDMing or yelling/mic spamming.

I hate playing on it when theres RDMers.

How ironic.

Oh and by the way, my videos aren't "cute", so stop trying to downplay everything I do.

Are you really rejecting a compliment?

APenguin
30 Jul 2011, 12:25am
Please.. For the love of god.. Someone lock this thread..

itsjakez
30 Jul 2011, 12:36am
Good, that was what I was aiming for.

Not at all, I've talked to Evil about your most recent ban (and perm) and he didn't side with you at all, you were only unbanned because of your first video. It was clear to him that you attempted to RDM Paralyzed but got 1-deaged which caused you to ragequit immediately afterwards.

Also, if your other bans were "null'd", why didn't you appeal any of them? None of them were removed, just expired.

I'm not a big fan of attention whores. Also, most of the time when I've seen you on TTT you're either RDMing or yelling/mic spamming.

How ironic.

Are you really rejecting a compliment?

My perma was a misunderstanding. And don't insult me because I rage quited. I've heard plenty of stories about you, and I know plenty of people who think your just as big of an ass as I do.

How am I an attention whore? Because I make YouTube Videos? And I just so happened to make one for a community I like?
That makes no sense...
I love the community, so I make video with/for it.

And I do not RDM -- all of my RDM's have been explained. Why dont you watch the first appeal video.

Seriously bro, hop off my dick and leave me alone. This was supposed to be a fun thread, you are ruining it.

Svendy
30 Jul 2011, 12:42am
TL;DR come back later and flip some pillows in the meantime

James
30 Jul 2011, 10:58am
Congratulations on wasting 10 minutes of your life making a pointless and irrelevant video. Good day.