PDA

View Full Version : Recruit New AO'(s)

Matt
29 Jul 2011, 11:46am
Ok after talking to a somewhat old friend of mine on steam (you know who you are)I have come to realize that whats going to happen when the current AO's/BD's retire. We will have no one to cover for them. So what im suggesting to the AO's/BD's is to recruit a new AO or 2 to help the work load around here get them experience because I know for a fact that the Administrative Officers and Board of Directors wont be here forever.

Now I no it isn't my place to be telling you guys this but, Id like to hear what you honestly think about this idea.

I please ask not just a reply saying yes or no.
A quick reason to backup your answer would be appreciated

If you want me to elaborate more let me no

thanks

1 more thing im not saying the current AO's are not doing there job im just talking about future SG...

Repus
29 Jul 2011, 11:56am
Who would want to do unpaid work and get yelled how bad everything you do is?

Phonicz
29 Jul 2011, 11:58am
CHickens

Drox
29 Jul 2011, 12:04pm
Not a whole lot of SA's I would see being trusted in those positions (I probably could only name 2-3 that I personally think would be good for AO), or just straight cockblocking in some cases for past grudges. Eventually we will have more AO's and BD's when some retire or if they are needed. Atm I'm not really sure if more AO's are needed, since it's not like we go weeks without stuff getting done.

Jaffa
29 Jul 2011, 12:13pm
New AOs will come from retired staff, ex-CAs/LGs, and current trusted SAs.

I think we all know who they are

darth jacen
29 Jul 2011, 12:17pm
New AOs will come from retired staff, ex-CAs/LGs, and current trusted SAs.

I think we all know who they are

Hi jaffa :P

Matt
29 Jul 2011, 12:31pm
Just a suggestion.... thats why we have it right?

Daze
29 Jul 2011, 12:43pm
Nvmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nice edit

BlackEagle
29 Jul 2011, 10:20pm
Or at least get more people to look at player complaints. I realize this isn't the best job and I am not even sure I would want to download all the demos and go through the process, but going through the player complaints section I found some complaints that have been unanswered for over 2 weeks. I realize that the higher-ups do a lot but as seen with the Supporter/Regular kick power suggestion it can be annoying for the non-admins to have to wait two weeks to see annoying players in the servers banned. I see all the time admins and higher-ups saying just record a demo and record them but then those complaints can go unanswered for a while when some of these players just continue to play in the servers. So I pretty much agree with this suggestion of just getting more AO's or just giving others the ability to look at player complaints. It could at least help take some of the work load off of the other AO's. I realize there aren't many that can be trusted with the position but even if there are 2-3 people that would be trusted I don't think it would hurt to promote them if they want the job.

mapper
30 Jul 2011, 06:05am
See it this way:

If a higher up retires, when the time is right, they will promote other AO's.
There's no need for right now as we also have forums moderators to lighten up the jobs of AO+.

Also, if you post a player complaint and the complaint is legit, then he will be banned. If an admin punishes the player in the server, then he will most likely get a kick if it's not a slay first. Sure, he's not punished immeatly but isnt that what you wanted eventually?

BlackEagle
30 Jul 2011, 07:55am
Also, if you post a player complaint and the complaint is legit, then he will be banned. If an admin punishes the player in the server, then he will most likely get a kick if it's not a slay first. Sure, he's not punished immeatly but isnt that what you wanted eventually?

Yes, that is what we players want eventually. I am not saying they don't work hard or do their jobs I am just suggesting that they do promote more to take some of the work load off of the AO's to get more people to look at the player complaints. My point being is that I have reported some people but a few days later that same player is still in the server causing the same problems. I don't want to make it sound like this is a huge deal or anything and I do realize that the AO's put in a tremendous amount of time into working on the servers with no pay, but I just feel like a couple more should be promoted to help take some of the workload off. There are about 8 AO's currently I think and I don't think it would hurt to get to 10. That is just my opinion personally though.

PotshotPolka
30 Jul 2011, 09:40am
YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE.

Octa
30 Jul 2011, 12:37pm
Trusted SA's...............

I Have no idea who you are talking about, Jaffa. No one comes to mind.

Zaraki
30 Jul 2011, 12:40pm
MPQC would be fit for the job. He's the only SA you can trust with anything around here!

Jazzyy
30 Jul 2011, 01:58pm
get a machine to process everything.

but in all seriousness does SG need something like that? maybe something that automatically makes ventrilo users (after an ao/bd/etc does a quick checkover to assure no one is spamming it). Or maybe a membership app that automatically checks sourcebans for any bans. neat stuff that might require a little bit of programming but could possible save hours of work in the long run

NIKO
30 Jul 2011, 03:46pm
NIKO FOR ADMIN

kabLe
30 Jul 2011, 07:49pm
When an AO retires, theres already 2-3 more that are experienced and show the newbie the ropes. Now unless every single BD/AO/P/VP retires at the same exact time there is no need for this because you will never have a whole staff that has no idea how to do their job.

Epsilon
31 Jul 2011, 10:43am
I am ready for my AO now

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z370/therion61/105e2d085914b5141c35e64ddb9f23b9.jpg

Huwajux
31 Jul 2011, 05:54pm
wut

We just do what we always do and promote someone when we need to.

Josh1
31 Jul 2011, 06:06pm
Great White Shark for AO

Octa
31 Jul 2011, 06:22pm
Afamad for BD.

... What..?

Afamad 2.1
31 Jul 2011, 10:56pm
Who would want to do unpaid work and get yelled how bad everything you do is?

That happens to me already, so I'd be perfect for the job.

Gator
8 Aug 2011, 11:36pm
I'd say MPQC if were nominating here.

HZK
9 Aug 2011, 05:50am
Tweezy, 'nuff said.