PDA

View Full Version : Computer is mass fucked

Bob Loblaw
28 Jul 2011, 09:44pm
Won't boot. Pretty sure something to do with the registry is messed up.

I'm pretty sure what screwed it up was I downloaded PartitionMagic (which didn't even work), and when it booted it said "This something something something isn't correct, should I fix it?" I said yes (came up twice), and I'm assuming it FSU'd because now my computer won't even boot (not even in safe mode).

I've tried reinstalling windows 7 but I couldn't get it to work. Now I tried it again and I get:
"Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0xC0000005"

Supposedly 0xC0000005 error means the computer is really screwed up (registry I think), and there are supposed fixes like RegCure, but considering I can't turn on my computer, I don't know how that's going to help.

I really don't know what to do (since absolutely nothing works on it, I can't boot to my harddrive, or install windows 7, nor are there any system images to restore to or anything because I think the whole partition isn't being recognized, and repair doesn't work.

Like I said I really don't know what to do, and the way to best sum it up is: Absolutely nothing works.

I might try installing linux to it, then try installing windows over it... IDEK. But if installing Ubuntu makes it bootable I figure it's a step in the right direction....(?)

Silva
28 Jul 2011, 10:02pm
Did you recently install new hardware or update drivers? Also could be a virus. 0xC0000005 means that a program tried to access memory it shouldn't of.

Bob Loblaw
28 Jul 2011, 10:41pm
Only new hardware was PartitionMagic, and like I said, it said something with my partitions wasn't right, and prompted me to fix it (something about some length was off). It said it was fixed, but when I rebooted nothing would boot. So I'm pretty sure it has to do with that (as it was working perfectly before).

I've installed Ubuntu on my first internal (my laptop has 2 500GB internal HDD), and I cleared the entire second Internal. I tried installing win7 on it, but it said: "Setup was unable to create a system partition or locate an existing partition." so I tried creating a partition with GParted (Gnome Partition Editor) in ntsc format. But the same thing came up, it says "Couldn't create/locate partition" or w/e.

Any walkthroughs on exactly how to install win 7 fresh? I can boot into ubuntu now, and have access to managing partitions. So yeah, I have the iso of win7 Home Premium burned to disc, but I can't get it to work. Any and all help is much appreciated.

I think I might need drivers for something or other?

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-installation-upgrade/5119-setup-unable-create-system-partition.html#post26758

What would those drivers be for? And how would I find what drivers I need (considering I'm in Ubuntu I don't know how to look things up, I only know Windows lol)...

Silva
28 Jul 2011, 11:25pm
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng

Drivers for everything it seems and after reading that thread i think you have similar problem or it can be fixed the same way.

He downloaded http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3154&DwnldID=18063 then, His solution was:

Setup starts fine, you can load the drivers, it lets you choose a partition but then says "unable to create system partition".

The solution for me was as follows:

1) Do not have USB stick plugged in when booting, so only:
Boot device 1 = CD-ROM
Boot device 2 = Blank Intel SSD

2) At the setup page which says you can load other drivers, insert the USB stick, then click the link and load the drivers

3) Unplug the USB stick

4) Continue with setup

Silva
28 Jul 2011, 11:25pm
Lag posted twice my bad.

Bob Loblaw
28 Jul 2011, 11:34pm
Which drivers would I need?

I don't know what I'm looking for (like even what type of driver I'm looking for). Obviously I know that you need specific drivers for specific hardware, but how do I even find out what my hardware is (considering I'm on Ubuntu and only know how to find it in Windows). I was looking into it and it said $sudo lshw but that printed a LOT of crap and I couldn't figure out what I was looking for lol.

Edit: I figured maybe you were one step ahead, and re-read everything, and after putting in win 7 (64 bit) it gave me 4 options, of which 2 were older release, and 1 was a zip format (leaving only 1), so I just went ahead and downloaded it.

Silva
28 Jul 2011, 11:46pm
Well if it works tell me but another solution might be:

"A much easier way would have been the following.

1. boot DVD and press F6 to get to the boot menu
2. press F8 to go into safe mode
3, select safe mode with command prompt
4. type diskpart and enter
5. type SELECT DISK <number>
6. type CLEAN or CLEAN DISK
7. type EXIT
8. reboot with DVD in drive

this procedure would have erased any partition or other information on the disk that would prevent you from creating a system partition. Now when you go into advanced mode you can create the partition you want and windows will create you system partition for you."

Bob Loblaw
29 Jul 2011, 12:08am
I tried the second one and it didn't work (using Diskpart and cleaning the disk). I'll try the first one.

I don't understand what I need to download and put on my USB for the drivers...

Or how do I find what chipset I have in Ubuntu? I've been googling but can't figure it out...

Nvm, think I found it with lspci | grep Chipset

Intel Series 5.

Silva
29 Jul 2011, 12:19am
Not really sure what specifically needs to be downloaded but the person in post got http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3154&DwnldID=18063 then ran that with the USB in his instructions in my second post.

Silva
29 Jul 2011, 12:23am
I tried the second one and it didn't work (using Diskpart and cleaning the disk). I'll try the first one.

I don't understand what I need to download and put on my USB for the drivers...

Or how do I find what chipset I have in Ubuntu? I've been googling but can't figure it out...

Nvm, think I found it with lspci | grep Chipset

Intel Series 5.

Well if its Intel 5 series here is link to that driver: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20215&ProdId=3151&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers not sure what it will do. The first download is in english other is just for multi-language.

Bob Loblaw
29 Jul 2011, 12:29am
It's working!!! After I foundand downloaded my chipset drivers I got it and it appears to be working. Verrrrry much thanks. On iPod since computer is busy. Will post back tomorrow if it's all good tk roll.

Silva
29 Jul 2011, 12:34am
Good to hear hope it works for good.

Bob Loblaw
29 Jul 2011, 01:36am
Issue:Fixed

For clarification on what I did. Downloaded and extracted to a folder on my USB the drivers for my laptop chipset (mine were @ http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20216&ProdId=3172&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0AWindows%207%2C%2064-bit*%0A&DownloadType=%0ADrivers%0A)

Then, at the part it wouldn't let me install win7 on, I clicked "Load Drivers" and clicked the folder I extracted it to, and it worked from there.

Thanks for the help Silva.

Paul
29 Jul 2011, 02:46am
Penis.

Bob Loblaw
29 Jul 2011, 10:59am
Penis.

Damn you found my secret fix. Tbh I didn't do a damn thing with Intel drivers. Nor was I even trying to install win 7 on my laptop properly. I was just rubbing my penis on my laptop until it fixed itself!