PDA

View Full Version : Add 'guns' to PB or...

Wall-Nut
28 Jul 2011, 12:37pm
A lot of the maps that we have on our prison break server do not have a wide variety of weapons, so what i think would make the server better is if we had a guns menu for the cts.

On the electric maps, the armory only has ak47, m4a1, and awp. What if i wanted an aug or maybe a shotgun? A guns menu could give cts a better variety of weapons.

Pros: Better variety of weapons
Some maps like electric large spfix spawn cts in medic, a guns menu could give cts guns without having them to wait for their teammates to open the door

Cons: Can increase the amount of awps (in this case, awps should be restricted from guns for some maps

OR

We can get the starting weapons back, like how before all cts spawned with an m4a1, usp and knife.

A Loaf Pincher
28 Jul 2011, 12:40pm
Are you saying to add a guns menu and take away all weapons in the armories?

Or add the menu and keep armory weapons?

Banana Joe
28 Jul 2011, 12:51pm
Tbh, I think that someone will just start making a hell a lot of guns, so the server starts to lag.. Would probably be abused somehow.

Edit: Though I'd like to see the starting weapons back, makes it a bit easier to catch the guy from solitary on Razor before he opens up the cells.

HZK
28 Jul 2011, 01:01pm
1 gun choice per round.

Restricted weapons:
(Number Weapon - Reason)

2 AWPs - Possible freekill and impossible rebellions
1 M3 - Impossible knife rushing
No M249 - Obvious freekill weapon
No Autosnipers - Just no
No P90 - Freekill
No Dualies - Freekill
No Scout - Has 260 velocity while a knife has 250. CT's should outrun Ts, also makes rebelling hard
No XM1014 - Freekill
No Nades - Freekilling and Griefing

Only under these terms would I ever want a guns menu for CTs

Wicked Pissah
28 Jul 2011, 03:24pm
Don't fix what's not broken. I think it's fine the way it is. All you need is AK/M4 or an AWP really, or maybe even shotty (but it's not really necessary).

BlackEagle
28 Jul 2011, 04:41pm
I actually like the way it is right now. I don't want to be on the CT team and have my teammates getting scouts. It isn't a bad idea but I just prefer the guns provided. However, I wouldn't mind being able to spawn with a deagle as a CT because the map electric_spfix or whatever sometimes all the CTs spawn in the medic and have no guns. The only other way to get in would be really to break the vent or go into the first cell which can be annoying especially if a T beats you there.

Im a Jackass
28 Jul 2011, 05:06pm
1 gun choice per round.

Restricted weapons:
(Number Weapon - Reason)

No Autosnipers - Just no
No P90 - Freekill
No Dualies - Freekill
No Scout - Has 260 velocity while a knife has 250. CT's should outrun Ts, also makes rebelling hard
No XM1014 - Freekill

no no no no no no hell no

P90 good gun and some of what you put here makes no sence at all. I mean NO nades?????? THey have nades on the map and only some times some one free nades and then I let them all go and heal.

Paralyzed
28 Jul 2011, 06:09pm
Ugh doesn't sound good at all. Just let the map decide whether how much guns the map should have or not. It keeps the map balanced. Adding a gun menu might destroy the balance of the map.

Which to me seems is why mappers haven't added those weapons themselves.

themuffinman
29 Jul 2011, 12:49am
having starting weapons back would be nice
annoying to start a round in medic with no weapons
and hunter/zombie, your list makes no sense whatsoever, and with what you suggested, the 'guns' menu would only have weapons that most maps already have...
but having a guns menu in general...hell no, has BAD IDEA all over it
if you want a variety of guns in a map, make one with a variety of guns

'guns' menu is just one of those suggestions that would end up makin PB worse

RedM00N
29 Jul 2011, 09:00am
1 gun choice per round.

If you know how you can easily catch up to someone with a scout and even outrun them(@ 278.76 vel with knife, 288.76 vel if you had a scout).

Jake
29 Jul 2011, 09:05am
Why? its fine as it is... there are no problems with the guns i say keep them

Octa
29 Jul 2011, 10:32am
Spawning with the starting guns again is a good idea. A guns menu, however, is unneeded. There is just no reason for it.

Also, hunter/zombiephobia, i dissagree with restricting the awps. They are a huge part of jail break. And duelies would be amazing, but i think the guns menu is just unneeded in general.

Wall-Nut
29 Jul 2011, 11:15am
1 gun choice per round.

Restricted weapons:
(Number Weapon - Reason)

No Autosnipers - Just no
No P90 - Freekill
No Dualies - Freekill
No XM1014 - Freekill

And what happened to "all guns have their strengths and weaknesses"?

HZK
6 Aug 2011, 11:21am
And what happened to "all guns have their strengths and weaknesses"?

It's PB, we don't like QQ.

@jackass: I mean restrict those from the menu, not the actual server

@RedMoon: Strafe-run, I know

Im a Jackass
6 Aug 2011, 11:24am
humm as I remember there was ONE older map that had it so you can buy guns I liked it it gave me a chance to use the guns I love but are not on PB. Yes there pros and cons to this but it would be nice to test it for like 3 days on the PB server and see how people like it maybe.

Lucid
6 Aug 2011, 04:36pm
You could probably glitch it by typing 'guns' and then swapping teams and then being able to change guns as a T. Similar to the 'check point glitch' on some bhop/trikz servers.