PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Download maps

Labarr
24 Jul 2011, 06:48pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/tech-support-bucket/48388-unable-download-maps-any-source-game.html

I have the problem like Shamwow.. I cannot download maps on any Steamgamers servers.. as well as Many other servers.. but i can download maps from some servers.. Its wierd :/ also if I go into the "Internet" tab the server list never comes up..

I portforwarded the ports
firewall is not the problem
Internet explorer works and has access..
In-Game browser works..
I have no Proxy...
I have no clue :X

Chaoz`
24 Jul 2011, 07:10pm
well for some people this worked out, not sure if it would for you but seeing as Steam uses IE to download maps from it could be that your IE settings are messed up, try this, it might work:

1. Make sure you have Internet Explorer on your computer.
2. Make sure Internet Explorer is your default browser. (Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Click "make default".)
3. While you are still in the Internet Options box click the Connections tab.
4. Click LAN settings/proxy settings.
5. Click "Automatically detect settings".

derp just saw that Spiffy posted something similar in Shamwow's thread, so ye this could work.

Labarr
24 Jul 2011, 07:51pm
already did that.. no go

Jazzyy
24 Jul 2011, 10:02pm
is there an error? i tried downloading content off of perp today and it was going like 10kb/s... didn't even bother

Nasu
25 Jul 2011, 02:45am
Go to Steam\steamapps\YOURSTEAMNAME\counter-strike source\platform\config

And check those files, if they're there, backup and delete them and see if css downloads them again.
This helped when I had a similar problem, but it's pretty far fetched

Spiritwind
25 Jul 2011, 07:13am
I was having the same problem a week ago, hopefully this will fix it but I cannot get on the servers right now to test it :(.

Labarr
25 Jul 2011, 01:35pm
Go to Steam\steamapps\YOURSTEAMNAME\counter-strike source\platform\config

And check those files, if they're there, backup and delete them and see if css downloads them again.
This helped when I had a similar problem, but it's pretty far fetched

Didnt help...

is there an error? i tried downloading content off of perp today and it was going like 10kb/s... didn't even bother

No error messages

I just uninstalled CSS and reinstalled it.. still no go... WTF

EDIT: I was able to download maps on the trikz server.. but none of the others

EDIT2: So.. its working now.....I guess reinstalling it helped??? BUT i still cant get the "Internet" tab to show games... but ill live :P