PDA

View Full Version : RE: Second TTT or a Mic-spam plugin

Jazzyy
23 Jul 2011, 05:13pm
IDK, I've suggested this before http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/trouble-terrorist-town-72-26-196-166-27015/41635-new-ttt-server.html as with the mic-spam thing (i cant find the thread). And lately it's been out of hand as fuck. There's nothing you can do as Detective in a 24 slot server because it's a constant jabber of not hearing anything.

It'd be nice to have the mic-spam plugin readded or a second ttt server with 16 slots added.

Afamad 2.1
23 Jul 2011, 06:38pm
A second server wouldn't work as it'd just split the community, or one server would be full while the other empty. There aren't really enough people to have two servers, even if one only has 16 players.

As for the mic-spam plug-in, we've used this in the past and there were a lot of complaints if I remember correctly. People couldn't call out traitors if they were already talking for awhile. If you're a detective and people are interupting you, just tell them to shut the fuck up or you'll kill them.

Harry
23 Jul 2011, 06:41pm
24 slots work fine if you threaten to kill anyone who doesn't shut up about non-game stuff (unless it's full of pubs)

Jazzyy
23 Jul 2011, 06:56pm
A second server wouldn't work as it'd just split the community, or one server would be full while the other empty. There aren't really enough people to have two servers, even if one only has 16 players.

As for the mic-spam plug-in, we've used this in the past and there were a lot of complaints if I remember correctly. People couldn't call out traitors if they were already talking for awhile. If you're a detective and people are interupting you, just tell them to shut the fuck up or you'll kill them.
What community exactly? I've been playing TTT for the past few days and I've seen maybe 3 people at best that are still playing TTT that are SG regulars. People like me, you, elfbarf, and MAYBE harry sometimes. Everyone is playing PERP. Honestly, I've seeded the TTT server a few times and it doesn't make jack difference if it's going to be 24 or 16 slots. Pubbers are joining. I'd rather just seed the 16 slot than the 24 so when it does get full, I can play knowing I won't have people consistently talking.

Nasu
24 Jul 2011, 03:29am
change 24 player server to 16 or 20 pls

Harpr33t
24 Jul 2011, 02:54pm
How about a local mic system? That could make it realistic and even add a new item like a megaphone for detectives so they can be heard everywhere on the map

Elfbarf
24 Jul 2011, 04:56pm
How about a local mic system? That could make it realistic and even add a new item like a megaphone for detectives so they can be heard everywhere on the map

Would ruin quite a few maps if we did that, especially borders (since the underground area is 4-5k+ away from everything for seemingly no reason) and other large maps. Everyone would just clump up in a single area even more than they already do.

cakeshark
26 Jul 2011, 07:20am
add a new 7 player server.

it isnt big enough to take away from the 24 slot, but 7 person ttt is a fucking blast.
every round is epic fail or win (only 1 t no detec).