PDA

View Full Version : Huwajux's Sound Issues

Huwajux
23 Jul 2011, 10:50am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Sound Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Kaspersky Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Novatech What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Uh...pass? Please state your problem here
I'm not too sure what happened, it just seemed spontaneous to honest. I've been using external speakers for my laptop for quite some time (since laptop speakers fail), yet they suddenly refuse to put out any sound.

They are some fairly old creative speakers, and I thought it was them just having a timely demise. However, when going into the sound options it does in fact recognise that sound is playing when I plug the speakers in, it just simply doesn't play anything.

I've checked to make sure that nothing has muted itself somehow (unless there is some option panel I don't know about), and I can't really find a cause for it.

Any ideas?

Spiffy
23 Jul 2011, 11:09am
Do you have another computer to try the speakers on or different speakers/headphones to try the port on your laptop? Just because it thinks the speakers are OK doesn't mean they are.

Huwajux
23 Jul 2011, 11:47am
Tried them on my desktop, they don't work on that either unfortunately. Is it time to mourn?

Jazzyy
23 Jul 2011, 12:22pm
Sounds like it, speakers are more electrical but you could try a different audio cord as well (i assume one side is completely connected into the speaker?), if you can't do that. It's pretty much done.

a model number or something ilke that would be nice though, just incase. also try warranty?

Shadowex3
24 Jul 2011, 12:31am
If it's not the cord (assuming it's replaceable) then yes it would seem some part of your speakers has finally bought it.

Jazzyy
24 Jul 2011, 07:19am
Your signature precedes you.

Shadowex3
29 Jul 2011, 10:31pm
Mine?