PDA

View Full Version : APenguin :D's Steam Issues

APenguin
22 Jul 2011, 01:04am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Steam Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Symantec Endpoint Protection Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
N/a Please state your problem here
I keep getting kicked from servers. It says Cannot connect to vac server. It happens after about 10 minutes of play, and then if i reconnect it happens quicker. Ive steam support FAQ'd this and done everything i could. I use a wireless adapter for internet. Ive updated drivers, opened ports, deleted clientregistry.blob. A lot of stuff i found in the FAQ's. Any help?

Veggie
22 Jul 2011, 03:07am
Have you tried this?

- open steam and check your steam settings, in the first tab there is a VAC status line, see what that says.
- Log out of steam then relog in. (uncheck the remember password box)

Or it could be this:

Do you have a single core processor? That seems like it may be the cause. And apparently, there's no fix on your end - sounds like Valve has to fix it.

If neither of those work this might work:

After u sign on you have to go to your friends list and set your status to OFFLINE.

Don't try to use your overlay either...if you do that, you should be able to stay connected.

Hope it helps.

APenguin
22 Jul 2011, 03:10am
Trying the rest, but i am not VAC banned, have a dual core processor, and have tried restarting steam. Here's what i sent Valve just so you know how much effort ive put into this

Every time i connect to a VAC Secured server, after about 10 or 20 minutes it disconnects me, saying that a connection cannot be made to the VAC server. If i check console it give me the "no logon" error

I of course checked the FAQ troubleshooting guide, googled extensively, and asked my other steam friends for help, but nothing worked. I disabled all anti-virus programs and firewalls, reset my router, i have a reliable internet connection, up to date drivers, i opened up all required ports manually, re-installed steam, re-installed the game in question (Garry's Mod), and restarted my computer between each step to check if i could stay connected. All of this led to nothing. So here I am asking for help.

high rws
22 Jul 2011, 08:23am
go into the main steam folder and delete clientregistry.blob

try it again and tell me how it goes

Vinny
22 Jul 2011, 02:01pm
This is an issue with your router it sounds like....

Make sure UPnP is enabled, sometimes that may work.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7579-RPSX-6098#connection

APenguin
22 Jul 2011, 03:00pm
UPnP is already enabled, and i reinstalled steam. That includes the clientregistry.blob. And I deleted that anyway to try, didnt work.

This is an issue with your router it sounds like....

Make sure UPnP is enabled, sometimes that may work.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7579-RPSX-6098#connection

Oh and i already raped that link for knowledge. Nothing...

APenguin
22 Jul 2011, 03:36pm
It was harry's idea to upgrade me to windows 7. Would that possibly help?

high rws
22 Jul 2011, 03:47pm
It was harry's idea to upgrade me to windows 7. Would that possibly help?

go to the steam browser, hit the steam tab at the top and search for video driver updates and steam client updates

if that doesn't work, disable your firewall completely and try connecting to a game and see what happens.

but on another note, m8 problems like these usually happen to everyone. i had VAC disconnections a few months ago too, it could just be a glitch in the system that will probably just go away after a while

APenguin
22 Jul 2011, 06:03pm
I have up to date drivers and ran it with NO firewall and NO antivirus. And either way I opened all ports that steam required manually, so the firewall would not be interfering with that. And the issue has persisted for about a month, so i doubt it is just a thing. I only decided now to fix it because i like perp.
And thank you to everything for the help, it is appreciated

Vinny
22 Jul 2011, 06:57pm
Add me to Steam, and if you want i'll take a look over teamviewer.

Steam Community :: ID :: Vinny (http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/iozzia)

APenguin
22 Jul 2011, 08:12pm
I added you, but im away for the weekend, so ill msg you monday

high rws
22 Jul 2011, 09:50pm
I have up to date drivers and ran it with NO firewall and NO antivirus. And either way I opened all ports that steam required manually, so the firewall would not be interfering with that. And the issue has persisted for about a month, so i doubt it is just a thing. I only decided now to fix it because i like perp.
And thank you to everything for the help, it is appreciated

huh. sorry dude but i've run out of ideas at the moment, i'll get back to you if i think of any potential fixes

try posting on the official steam forums

APenguin
25 Jul 2011, 06:26pm
Im back, still no response from steam support. Lazy fucks

Harry
25 Jul 2011, 06:54pm
Try running the command:
C:\Program Files\Steam\bin\Steamservice.exe /Install
in CMD.

If that fails, you really should just fuck it and get Windows 7 :p

Edit: you're also using Avast AV, right? Turn that shit off and try again.

APenguin
25 Jul 2011, 09:19pm
Try running the command:
C:\Program Files\Steam\bin\Steamservice.exe /Install
in CMD.

If that fails, you really should just fuck it and get Windows 7 :p

Edit: you're also using Avast AV, right? Turn that shit off and try again.

I am only using Symantec. And i just completely uninstalled steam and all of its components. If this doesnt work im rebuilding my machine, possible with windows 7. I havent taken a look at the requirements yet to see if i can run it well.