PDA

View Full Version : Suzaku's General Game Issues

Suzaku
16 Jul 2011, 10:01am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
General Game Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
What? Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
No What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
None (For now) Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
HP What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
HP Pavilion a1630n Please state your problem here
I just recently replaced my motherboard, and updated all my games. However, when I go to start it up, its all... glitchy.
Im not sure if this has to do with my resolution (1280x1024 pixels)
or not.
Heres the link to the picture:
[Tried using the attachments, wouldn't upload]
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/errorkk.jpg/)

Silva
16 Jul 2011, 11:52am
Can you list your specs on PC?

Also http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07124&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3245027 Could help.

Suzaku
16 Jul 2011, 12:13pm
Can you list your specs on PC?

Also Resolving General Game Issues HP Pavilion Media Center a1630n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07124&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3245027) Could help.
Of course.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
Memore / Ram: 2048 MB / 2 GB
Hard Drive: 250GB
Optical Drive: SuperMulti DVD Burner
(Not sure if this is what you wanted :[)

I'll also check out the link you provided.

Silva
16 Jul 2011, 12:32pm
6150LE is a integrated graphics card which is what keeps your performance way down, and may be the problem.

Suzaku
16 Jul 2011, 12:40pm
6150LE is a integrated graphics card which is what keeps your performance way down, and may be the problem.

I've had this computer for years, and throughout the years I was able to play any game without it screwing up.
But now, even if I play the simplest game, it screws up. It happened right after I replaced my motherboard as my sis was trying out this free trial game that was included with the computer, and it looked like the game was actually a broken mirror, with random lines all over the place. I thought it was just the game, but now i'm fairly certain it is something else.
The graphics card worked fine before, why should it screw up now?

Silva
16 Jul 2011, 12:46pm
Could be that the card is not compatible with new motherboard along with some other old componants

Suzaku
16 Jul 2011, 12:51pm
Could be that the card is not compatible with new motherboard along with some other old componants

I had made sure that this motherboard is the same exact model.
I don't think its the motherboard.
Also, before I replaced my motherboard, it was working on and off.
However, when it was working, my dad system reformatted it, thinking its the files that had something to do with the crashes.
I'm not sure if its related to the problem, but it may help.

Chaoz`
16 Jul 2011, 01:02pm
well mostly all the windows that you get on your PC are OEM versions meaning they are systembuilder licenses, which upon install are attached to the motherboard cuz if you get another motherboard you have to format and reinstall windows.

but if you have a retail copy of windows this should be no problem.

just check all your drivers, reinstall if necessary, the drivers might be in conflict with eachother.

this is all i can come up with right now.

Suzaku
16 Jul 2011, 02:50pm
well mostly all the windows that you get on your PC are OEM versions meaning they are systembuilder licenses, which upon install are attached to the motherboard cuz if you get another motherboard you have to format and reinstall windows.

but if you have a retail copy of windows this should be no problem.

just check all your drivers, reinstall if necessary, the drivers might be in conflict with eachother.

this is all i can come up with right now.

I checked all of them, and they seem to be fine.

Tweezy
16 Jul 2011, 05:00pm
lines all over the screen? Sounds like artifacting to me, meaning your graphics card is broke. When putting in a new motherboard, did you use antistatic equipment? If not you may have static damage.

Suzaku
16 Jul 2011, 06:09pm
lines all over the screen? Sounds like artifacting to me, meaning your graphics card is broke. When putting in a new motherboard, did you use antistatic equipment? If not you may have static damage.

Sadly, I didn't use any antistatic straps or anything similar to it.

Chaoz`
16 Jul 2011, 06:54pm
no one uses that shit.

but ye it could be artifacts, see if you get another card from a friend and try it.

then you'll know for sure.

Tweezy
17 Jul 2011, 10:31am
no one uses that shit.

but ye it could be artifacts, see if you get another card from a friend and try it.

then you'll know for sure.

You're kidding me right? Wow... Antistatic equipment is a must for when fiddling with components. The bad thing about static damage is you don't know you have it until it's too late...

Shadowex3
21 Jul 2011, 07:27pm
The smallest amount of static that a human being can physically feel is hundreds of times more than it takes to utterly fry a component. The issue isnt just the wrist straps and such, it's that you need an actual path to ground. If you unplug your computer and put on a wrist strap you still aren't grounded, you need to leave it plugged in but turned off and keep electrical contact with the case.

Tweezy
21 Jul 2011, 07:32pm
The smallest amount of static that a human being can physically feel is hundreds of times more than it takes to utterly fry a component. The issue isnt just the wrist straps and such, it's that you need an actual path to ground. If you unplug your computer and put on a wrist strap you still aren't grounded, you need to leave it plugged in but turned off and keep electrical contact with the case.

Good point, that's when I use Antistic Equipment I plug my self into the mains :)

Had any success with comp?

Shadowex3
24 Jul 2011, 12:33am
I used to do that but people flip out because they think electrical outlets are magical death pipes, so I just keep the comp plugged in and flip the PSU's switch.