PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones

EvInReaLife
5 May 2008, 07:00pm
lPTJ4v6KPrg

Im there. Who else thinks this is the most awesome thing to hit theatres since 1989??

P.S. Can you say, guaranteed money maker?

Suri
5 May 2008, 07:21pm
I have mixed feelings about this new movie. It will be really good, or be really bad. But i guess you can say that about any movie. But i also don't want to see a movie from my childhood messed up.

I like all the actors they have in this new version. But i am afraid they are going to use way to much grenn screen footage in this movie. But i guess we will see.

Jaffa
5 May 2008, 07:24pm
I think it'll stay true to the previous movies, everytime i see a trailer it makes me smile in anticipation

Suri
5 May 2008, 07:35pm
I think it'll stay true to the previous movies, everytime i see a trailer it makes me smile in anticipation

Oh don't get me wrong I will be the first one in line to see it. And from what i have seen in the trailer it should be great. But how many times have you seen a trailer and then ended up watching a pile of crap.

I don't think this will be crap at all, but i just dont hope its smells like poop too:)

I just dont want to be let down. I have been let down with movies way to much.

Jaffa
5 May 2008, 07:51pm
I'm looking forward to the scene which looks like its set in the giant box room at the ned of raiders for the lost ark :D

xgamer
5 May 2008, 08:16pm
looks good o.o i like the orchestra! (music freak here :D)

Itch
5 May 2008, 09:14pm
Looks like they are trying very hard to hold true to the original movies.
Which is good in all aspects except one.......

The special effects look straight out of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

That being said I'll be watching it in the theaters the first weekend for sure.

James
6 May 2008, 02:18am
Best thing about it is the orchestra, and of course, Harrison ford is still in it :P. Wouldn't be the same without him.

Hope he doesn't hurt his back at 65...

SpikedRocker
6 May 2008, 02:44am
Indiana Jones FTW! It just had to open Mother's Day weekend...we'll see all the 40-50 year olds who were 20-30 when the last one came out swooning over Ford. Maybe I'll make it a night show to avoid been stampeded by women with large handbags with bricks in them.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
6 May 2008, 08:12am
i cant wait this movie

OMFG WHY?WHY?
Why you post so low video?why you dident post HD video and trailer 2?

Trailer 1 Hd
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/indianajonesandthekingdomofthecrystalskull/large_t1.html

Trailer 2 HD
http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

ffs next time upload HD trailer not low youtube ...

Omar
6 May 2008, 08:47am
CMOn dudes its Shia and harrison of course its gonna be great :P
but tbh there have been very good trailers that gives u anticipation but when u go 2 the theater and watch the movie, itl wind up u getting pissed becouse uve wasted 2 hours of ur life watching this pile of crap. for example 10.000 years BC that movie sucked such big nut sack. i was amazed :P so bad and the poster wasnt even anything in the movie, (poster was a dude fighting a tiger) that never happened.

RIP
Heath ledger... (joker in batman 2) ((dark knight)) (((im gonna stop doing the "()" things))) ((((promise))))

xgamer
6 May 2008, 07:06pm
Best thing about it is the orchestra, and of course, Harrison ford is still in it :P. Wouldn't be the same without him.

Hope he doesn't hurt his back at 65...

yay! i like the orchestra too! lol your right i hope he doesnt... he probably has a stunt person for like every scene where he does an epic move

Retarded Santa
9 May 2008, 09:09pm
I'm way psyched for this, I know it can't possibly live up to my expectations (hello Phantom Menace!) but it should be cool. I heard Harrison Ford broke a hip haha j/k

EvInReaLife
10 May 2008, 06:25am
I'm way psyched for this, I know it can't possibly live up to my expectations (hello Phantom Menace!) but it should be cool. I heard Harrison Ford broke a hip haha j/k

:D

Straylight
10 May 2008, 04:49pm
If you don't see this movie, you are a bad person. Besides, nothing could be as bad as Phantom menace.

Jewbot
10 May 2008, 07:37pm
The only thing that confuses me about this movie is that the Soviets are the bad guys.

Since when were they interested in the occult?

And why can't the bad guys be Nazis? Everyone loves to see them die.

James
11 May 2008, 03:01am
Umm... from what I know, is that the previous films were set in the forties, and the villains were the Nazis

LitKey
11 May 2008, 04:09am
The only thing that confuses me about this movie is that the Soviets are the bad guys.

Since when were they interested in the occult?

And why can't the bad guys be Nazis? Everyone loves to see them die.

you're such a commy

Retarded Santa
11 May 2008, 10:04am
Yeah it's set after WW2 and the soviets are the token bad guys for that period I guess. I prefer Nazis and Holy Relics but I'll still go see it.

Jewbot
11 May 2008, 01:04pm
Umm... from what I know, is that the previous films were set in the forties, and the villains were the Nazis

They actually all occurred during the 30's. They could've just made the new movie take place in the 40s and still have the Nazis.

True, he'd be a 65 year old playing a 40 year old, but they could make it work. :biggrin:

solmaN
20 May 2008, 05:40am
I get to see this film 3 days earlier than anyone else in britain cause i work at the cinema....in fact im going to see it tonight with a certain lady friend :D

staff screening ftw!

James
20 May 2008, 11:56am
I get to see this film 3 days earlier than anyone else in britain cause i work at the cinema....in fact im going to see it tonight with a certain lady friend :D

staff screening ftw!

Could it be your mother by any chance?

Jaffa
20 May 2008, 12:20pm
Could it be your mother by any chance?

its his sister

solmaN
21 May 2008, 10:42am
lmao....nope

solmaN
21 May 2008, 10:42am
lmao....nope

its a really good film but i wont tell you any more

:D

Veggie
21 May 2008, 03:56pm
I'm glad Steven Spielberg is in on this one too.

EvInReaLife
21 May 2008, 04:30pm
Sorry, saw the movie the other day, but gotta say, worst Indy movie. I know i am going to get a lot of shit from the fanboys here (i am one myself), but Indy has not aged well and doesn't do so well in our digital age. Rest in peace Indy.

But, don't let my comment stop you from seeing it, because, you know, everyone and their cousins will be seeing this movie.

Straylight
22 May 2008, 07:39am
I saw it too, It wasnt TERRIBLE, but not great.

See if you can note where and when George Lucas had a hand in the script. Every once in a while you'll go, "WTF?". It was pretty disappointing in that respect.

KaMiKaZi
22 May 2008, 10:56am
i am goin to watch it but i think it will be the same as the others but beter special effects since time and tecnology has moved on

Retarded Santa
22 May 2008, 08:11pm
Lucas can't write scripts, I wish someone would let him know that, thanks great.

At least Spielberg is at the helm, that may be the saving grace.

Retarded Santa
22 May 2008, 08:44pm
Lucas can't write scripts, I wish someone would let him know that, thanks great.

At least Spielberg is at the helm, that may be the saving grace.

Veggie
23 May 2008, 02:49pm
just read a review which says it is "A throwback to A throwback" take this with a grain of salt tho.

Eldest
24 May 2008, 02:49am
All I can say about this movie that it was pretty cool..until the end...who have seen the movie know why <_<

dpgpowerlifter
24 May 2008, 04:12pm
i want to go and see this

Italian Jew
24 May 2008, 06:36pm
Yeah, it was all fun...and then the end occurred. It is still a good movie to see for the summer, but Lucas manages to mess it up towards the end.

Ford is still a great Indy and it is good that they didn't wash the movie down with too much CGI.

Red
24 May 2008, 10:57pm
Just saw it. I was wincing the whole time, the acting was shit, the plot/lack thereof was shit, the horrible drawn out chase scenes were shit, the aim of the bad guys was shit, the ending was diarrhea.

I want to take a diarrhea dump on both Lucas and Spielberg.

Italian Jew
24 May 2008, 11:00pm
I think what we all learned is that Nazis make better enemies than Soviets...

Red
24 May 2008, 11:25pm
Nazi drab was cooler looking than drab Soviet drab

They also had hotter female antagonists

EvInReaLife
26 May 2008, 07:57am
I don't know about everyone here, but I liked the Sci-Fi spin they put on it. And the nuke part was pretty cool too.

Smallsasaurus
26 May 2008, 11:20am
They also had hotter female antagonists

Agreed

I'm glad I went and saw it. It was worth the $8.50 and was entertaining. Did it have its flaws? Hell yeah. Did parts of it make me shake my head in sadness? Yup. But I went in excepting it to be absolutely destroy by Lucas (yes my standards are now that low for him) and it actually held up to be a decent movie.

If you are looking for "Best Picture of 2008" look elsewhere. If you want to be entertained and have seen the other Indy movies, I would recommend it. If you haven't seen the other Indy movies yet, save yourself $5 and go rent one instead.

Italian Jew
26 May 2008, 02:56pm
The nuke part was funny as hell. :rlol:

Edo
26 May 2008, 03:44pm
Just saw it. I was wincing the whole time, the acting was shit, the plot/lack thereof was shit, the horrible drawn out chase scenes were shit, the aim of the bad guys was shit, the ending was diarrhea.

I want to take a diarrhea dump on both Lucas and Spielberg.

Thats was i was expecting from that movie:) shit and some more shit

Suri
26 May 2008, 07:23pm
Man I was right. I stated before that I was not sure about this movie, and was flamed a bit for it. But looks like from what I hear I was right.

Man it's hard being right all the time.:)

Snipey
27 May 2008, 01:21pm
I thought that the new Indiana Jones movie kinda lost the plot i couldnt follow it i meen cmon wtf crystal isnt magnetic! &#172;.&#172;

EvInReaLife
27 May 2008, 01:25pm
I thought that the new Indiana Jones movie kinda lost the plot i couldnt follow it i meen cmon wtf crystal isnt magnetic! ¬.¬

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skulls

Better brush up on your chemistry

Italian Jew
27 May 2008, 04:50pm
A lot of things can be magnetic that normally aren't. You just don't see them commonly on earth, but in other places in the universe

Snipey
29 May 2008, 02:18am
Still why crystal skulls? and wtf is with the ending the best part of the entire film was the nuke part aka ''I like ike''

Kalibre
29 May 2008, 12:08pm
I still aint seen this but i wanna looks pretty cool

vanishh
8 Aug 2008, 04:36am
This movie was alright i expected a little more from it but i loved the previous ones