PDA

View Full Version : Im_a_jackass's General Game Issues

Im a Jackass
15 Jul 2011, 10:05am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
General Game Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Microsoft Sevurity Essentials Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Computer Central What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
n/a Please state your problem here
Ok I have made a thread like this befor and have given up. I want to remake it becasue I really want fallout 3 to work. I have tryed every thing steam support has given me and it has not work. I think it might be becasue I have Windows 7 64 bit. I googled it and I have found that other people have had the same thing happen to them.

I found this thread from the windows 7 froums and I think I found something that might work but I do not know where to find it Fallout 3 Windows 7 64-bit premium - Windows 7 Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/75577-fallout-3-windows-7-64-bit-premium.html)

Steam support gave me this

Running Fallout 3 on Windows 7

If you are having trouble running Fallout 3 on Windows 7 please do the following:

1. Navigate to your Fallout 3 folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 3)
2. Right click on fallout3.exe
3. Click Properties
4. Click on the Compatibility tab
5. Check the box "Disable desktop composition"
6. Launch Fallout 3 from the .exe or from Steam

I tryed it it did not work it just made it crap out faster.

Iv tryed every thing but it still just freezes and gives me no error plz help me

Silva
15 Jul 2011, 12:50pm
Have you tried Fallout 3 (and New Vegas): Video/Display Freezes, sound keeps going (http://www.pdsys.org/blog/post/2009/02/07/Fallout-3-VideoDisplay-Freezes-sound-keeps-going.aspx) it was in the forum you posted and if you have more than 2 cores at use the game freezes, but this guy had only 2 cores and the problem was fixed by changing the txt in the fallout notepad. Also try updating your drivers like DX9 and maybe your video card.

so as with the link above it says to:

Open up the fallout.ini file in: My Documents\My Games\Fallout3
Find the line:
bUseThreadedAI=0
change it to:
bUseThreadedAI=1
Add another line after it and insert:
iNumHWThreads=2
This will limit the game to 2 cores and prevent the engine bug from causing the game to freeze.

Hope this helps i know how it feels to have Fallout F*** you over on xbox i was 75% done with story and tons of side missions then i could not load my save file cause of random glitch or something and had to start over.

Im a Jackass
15 Jul 2011, 07:02pm
Have you tried Fallout 3 (and New Vegas): Video/Display Freezes, sound keeps going (http://www.pdsys.org/blog/post/2009/02/07/Fallout-3-VideoDisplay-Freezes-sound-keeps-going.aspx) it was in the forum you posted and if you have more than 2 cores at use the game freezes, but this guy had only 2 cores and the problem was fixed by changing the txt in the fallout notepad. Also try updating your drivers like DX9 and maybe your video card.

so as with the link above it says to:

Open up the fallout.ini file in: My Documents\My Games\Fallout3
Find the line:
bUseThreadedAI=0
change it to:
bUseThreadedAI=1
Add another line after it and insert:
iNumHWThreads=2
This will limit the game to 2 cores and prevent the engine bug from causing the game to freeze.

Hope this helps i know how it feels to have Fallout F*** you over on xbox i was 75% done with story and tons of side missions then i could not load my save file cause of random glitch or something and had to start over.

yea I tryed doing the line thing but I cant find the file with all the text to changre it I have it on steam so its not the same as Myga,es/fallout3

Chaoz`
15 Jul 2011, 07:06pm
yea I tryed doing the line thing but I cant find the file with all the text to changre it I have it on steam so its not the same as Myga,es/fallout3

the my games that that guy is referring to is his savegame, so try to locate that in your folders

Silva
15 Jul 2011, 07:07pm
Uhm then i think it will be in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 3\data and somewhere there or right before the \data.

Im a Jackass
15 Jul 2011, 07:17pm
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/capturere.png/

what one is it? Is it exit Data?

Silva
15 Jul 2011, 07:29pm
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/capturere.png/)

what one is it? Is it exit Data?

Look for the fallout.ini then find those lines. Trying to find exact location.

Chaoz`
15 Jul 2011, 07:37pm
try to located your savegame, it should be in there somewhere

Im a Jackass
15 Jul 2011, 07:39pm
Look for the fallout.ini then find those lines. Trying to find exact location.

cant find any fallout.ini

Silva
15 Jul 2011, 08:19pm

Searched tons of sites cannot find the path for steam folder, but everything basically goes back to this:
How to fix fallout 3 freezing and crashing (worked for me win7 64 bit) - Steam Users' Forums (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328904)

Read that whole thread basically and:
"Originally Posted by AKA Pseudonym
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was looking in the directory under the Steam folder. There are a few INIs in there for default, low, medium, and high settings. I was just editing them all and thinking I must be getting the right one somewhere. Then I looked under the MyDocuments/Games folder and found the right one. Works like a charm."

You do not change the Steam Ini files you have you find it in your documents somewhere.

t8rtits
16 Jul 2011, 12:34am

have you run a search on your steam folder to the fallout.ini file???

Im a Jackass
16 Jul 2011, 10:01am
Searched tons of sites cannot find the path for steam folder, but everything basically goes back to this:
How to fix fallout 3 freezing and crashing (worked for me win7 64 bit) - Steam Users' Forums (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328904)

Read that whole thread basically and:
"Originally Posted by AKA Pseudonym
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was looking in the directory under the Steam folder. There are a few INIs in there for default, low, medium, and high settings. I was just editing them all and thinking I must be getting the right one somewhere. Then I looked under the MyDocuments/Games folder and found the right one. Works like a charm."

You do not change the Steam Ini files you have you find it in your documents somewhere.

ok I found it and changed if it works Ill post back

Im a Jackass
16 Jul 2011, 10:42am
ah got fallout 3 to work thank you so much and thanks for your time

Silva
16 Jul 2011, 11:28am
Glad to hear it worked, have fun.