PDA

View Full Version : Regular players voting on ban appeals or player complaints

high rws
14 Jul 2011, 06:23pm
Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this post.

For Ban Appeals

I think that when a ban appeal is made, regular players should be able to vote:

yes, unban him (with a reason)

no, do not unban him (with a reason)

This is a great idea because it would allow regular SG members to get their say on an individual. Rulebreakers are not always caught on demo or screenshot, and often cases are left undecided as both parties do not have adequate information. However, if a large number of players vote in favor or against the player, it could easily decide their fate.

Player Complaints

I have seen many player complaints made in the past due to personal grudge. This just takes up forum space and wastes the admins time to read, when they could be banning people who deserve it. I have also seen player complaints where the information is very true, although the evidence is not sufficient.

So you should also add a voting poll on player complaints, with options to:

Vote for the ban of the individual (with a reason)

Vote against the ban of the individual (with a reason)

like i stated before, higher rankings are not always right. they don't always see everything, and so the say of the people would have great effect.

Thank you for reading my post, if you are against this idea please post why and i will update it as best as i can

Jaffa
14 Jul 2011, 06:28pm
You can't democratically ban someone, it doesn't make sense.

We require evidence to make bans to remove any personal bias, popularity issues, or simple lying from the equation. Your system involves all three of those things.

high rws
14 Jul 2011, 06:38pm
You can't democratically ban someone, it doesn't make sense.

We require evidence to make bans to remove any personal bias, popularity issues, or simple lying from the equation. Your system involves all three of those things.

how does democratically banning someone not make sense? It makes perfect sense. and popularity issues? if someone has negative popularity on SG, it's for a reason. they are an idiot or a troll, etc. They deserve to be banned. If they are just the average player like i am, popularity wouldn't play a role in deciding their fate. personal bias is a very important part of voting. again why should someone who generally acts like a dick not be subjected to bias? If you go out of your way to be nice to people and really be a part of the community, personal bias would not be present.

with my system, valid reasoning would have to be given to every option. Plus, i know people would lie. it's not like if an admin decided to unban him and one vote said no and the reasoning was "hacking", obviously it wouldn't be taken into account because it's not the MAJORITY..

elections and bans should be taken more into the hands of the popular vote.

James
14 Jul 2011, 06:40pm

For Ban Appeals

yes, unban him

This is a great idea because it would allow regular SG members to get their say on an individual. Rulebreakers are not always caught on demo or screenshot, and often cases are left undecided as both parties do not have adequate information. However, if a large number of players vote in favor or against the player, it could easily decide their fate.

Player Complaints

I have seen many player complaints made in the past due to personal grudge. This just takes up forum space and wastes the admins time to read, when they could be banning people who deserve it. I have also seen player complaints where the information is very true, although the evidence is not sufficient.

Our staff have the power to reject the complaint if need be, player complaints are mostly genuine, from what I have dealt with there is mostly sufficient evidence, due to demos/screenshots, if not, they are rejected. I don't really understand what you are getting at...

Vote for the ban of the individual

Vote against the ban of the individual

like i stated before, higher rankings are not always right. they don't always see everything, and so the say of the people would have great effect.

Thank you for reading my post, if you are against this idea please post why and i will update it as best as i can

In reply to the player complaints:

Our staff have the power to reject the complaint if need be, player complaints are mostly genuine, from what I have dealt with there is mostly sufficient evidence, due to demos/screenshots, if not, they are rejected. I don't really understand what you are getting at...

In reply to the ban appeals:

The problem with this is bias. If you get EVERY SG member voting on a ban appeal, it would be a mess. Myself, and the rest of the staff are fully capable of handling ban appeals, why would we need a 'jury' in this case if the previous bans (if any) and player complaints speak for themselves?

EvilShadow98
14 Jul 2011, 06:44pm
Not going to work out. If there was something missed in a demo, than I am sure an AO+ would not mind evaluating it again if someone points it out. If someone really is trying to get another individual banned by personal grudge, the complaint will get rejected if not enough or no evidence is shown. Jaffa already mentioned everything else that is flawed with this idea.

high rws
14 Jul 2011, 06:47pm
Not going to work out. If there was something missed in a demo, than I am sure an AO+ would not mind evaluating it again if someone points it out. If someone really is trying to get another individual banned by personal grudge, the complaint will get rejected if not enough or no evidence is shown. Jaffa already mentioned everything else that is flawed with this idea.

read my reply to him and then reply please

Drox
14 Jul 2011, 06:48pm

Sorry comrade, thats not how we run things.

EvilShadow98
14 Jul 2011, 06:54pm
read my reply to him and then reply please

Sure.

how does democratically banning someone not make sense? It makes perfect sense. and popularity issues? if someone has negative popularity on SG, it's for a reason. they are an idiot or a troll, etc. They deserve to be banned. If they are just the average player like i am, popularity wouldn't play a role in deciding their fate. personal bias is a very important part of voting. again why should someone who generally acts like a dick not be subjected to bias? If you go out of your way to be nice to people and really be a part of the community, personal bias would not be present.

with my system, valid reasoning would have to be given to every option. Plus, i know people would lie. it's not like if an admin decided to unban him and one vote said no and the reasoning was "hacking", obviously it wouldn't be taken into account because it's not the MAJORITY..

As much as people would love to see idiots/trolls leave, if they are actually not breaking any rules, they are allowed to stick around. Just because someone is not liked should not mean they are to be voted gone from the community. If they are indeed idiots, they will soon be on their way to being permed anyways.

fanatiik
14 Jul 2011, 06:56pm
You'd be surprise how people would abuse that and troll people.

Jazzyy
14 Jul 2011, 07:02pm
I am sorry, you have been voted off the Island.

high rws
14 Jul 2011, 07:09pm
You'd be surprise how people would abuse that and troll people.

well most of the people on this forum are mature, but i guess i can see what you mean

Svendy
14 Jul 2011, 07:20pm
well most of the people on this forum are mature, but i guess i can see what you mean

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdzhvDA6Wx5J-Eh3_IQY4Cwea8iplLyGgBis6dWtRZJvQpFLax&t=1

high rws
14 Jul 2011, 08:21pm
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdzhvDA6Wx5J-Eh3_IQY4Cwea8iplLyGgBis6dWtRZJvQpFLax&t=1

lmfao i meant this suggestions forum

BlackEagle
14 Jul 2011, 10:19pm
I say let's add this and then the first person we can put on the chopping block is Albania.

Korean Ninja
14 Jul 2011, 11:39pm
ill meet ur topic with a !

HZK
15 Jul 2011, 09:16am
Troll voters.....

'nuff said.

Im a Jackass
15 Jul 2011, 10:07am

For Ban Appeals

Player Complaints

Im sorry but this is just not smart at all. Half the people who vote would just hit yes/no for theh ell of it or maybe just because they hate the person its fine how it it sorry.

high rws
15 Jul 2011, 11:51am
Im sorry but this is just not smart at all. Half the people who vote would just hit yes/no for theh ell of it or maybe just because they hate the person its fine how it it sorry.

lol not smart at all? i'm fine with disagreeing, but judging my intelligence is much different. Fuck off

harro
15 Jul 2011, 11:57am
lol not smart at all? i'm fine with disagreeing, but judging my intelligence is much different. Fuck off

"This" refers to your idea/concept. You don't use "this" by itself as a term to describe a person. Way to make yourself look like an idiot. (Yeah, judging your intelligence now)

Afamad 2.1
15 Jul 2011, 12:32pm
If people could vote to ban others, there'd be so many player complaints against me.

Banana Joe
15 Jul 2011, 12:45pm

For Ban Appeals

Player Complaints

IF this would be our new system, then no, people wouldn't just "hit yes/no for theh ell of it", seeing as you would have to give a reason...

Albania, sorry, but this would NEVER work here. Would make people suck up even worse than people do now, just to get positive votes if they would ever end up having to make an appeal. I also think that it blows since people shouldn't get banned because people don't like the person, people should be banned if they are actually breaking the rules. People can hate you without you breaking the rules.

Also, if, lets say, someone made a complaint against someone all(nearly all) likes, like, Haggard, hell, he could aimbot and still not get banned, so that wouldn't really work either.

Just my opinions though.

A Loaf Pincher
15 Jul 2011, 02:20pm
I see your point I understand why you brought this up, but the "popular vote" can swing in any direction. I really believe that the admins, staff and BD's should do the votes for everything, and not get us involved. As much as I love to defend or attack someone, I believe some of us might not have the maturity to make an adequate decision on someone.

Good idea but as I have stated before, please leave it up to admins and higher ups.

La te ra lus
15 Jul 2011, 02:34pm

For Ban Appeals

Player Complaints

Any type of voting system is a magnet for trolls, with the obvious reason for voting/spamming "no" as vote.

high rws
15 Jul 2011, 02:37pm
"This" refers to your idea/concept. You don't use "this" by itself as a term to describe a person. Way to make yourself look like an idiot. (Yeah, judging your intelligence now)

he said my post wasn't smart at all, if it's a broken system that's fine but either way it is intelligently organized and does have thought behind it. So yes saying it isn't smart at all does judge my intelligence.

Way to make yourself look like an idiot

Spiffy
15 Jul 2011, 02:38pm
If people could vote to ban others, there'd be so many player complaints against me.

Not really, cause you'd be gone after the first couple.

lol j/k j/k

..but seriously, you would be

I'm just joking.

but seriously..

high rws
15 Jul 2011, 02:39pm
IF this would be our new system, then no, people wouldn't just "hit yes/no for theh ell of it", seeing as you would have to give a reason...

Albania, sorry, but this would NEVER work here. Would make people suck up even worse than people do now, just to get positive votes if they would ever end up having to make an appeal. I also think that it blows since people shouldn't get banned because people don't like the person, people should be banned if they are actually breaking the rules. People can hate you without you breaking the rules.

Also, if, lets say, someone made a complaint against someone all(nearly all) likes, like, Haggard, hell, he could aimbot and still not get banned, so that wouldn't really work either.

Just my opinions though.

fair enough, i must admit that i did write this with the idea that the community MIGHT be a little more mature to not vote in an unjust manner or to suck up, but eh lol

Phonicz
15 Jul 2011, 02:56pm
I don't like your idea.

PingPong
15 Jul 2011, 03:21pm
Never gonna happen.

Zaraki
15 Jul 2011, 03:36pm
Way to crack off ideas.. mostly administrators who are supposed to be mature :p
It's not a good idea, no need to troll about it.

HZK
15 Jul 2011, 04:00pm

Same here.

Hallow
15 Jul 2011, 05:18pm
This is just a terrible idea. A democracy to this extent on a forum is a joke, if this was the case you might as well vote in admins and mods for the forum and server. It would be abused in so many ways. The staff now are perfectly capable of being able to handle this with maturity.

high rws
15 Jul 2011, 05:27pm
Way to crack off ideas.. mostly administrators who are supposed to be mature :p
It's not a good idea, no need to troll about it.

that's fine, but how am i trolling?

Chaoz`
15 Jul 2011, 05:31pm
that's fine, but how am i trolling?

are you simple? :LOOL:

Zaraki's not referring to you but to others that act retarded or trollish towards this idea, instead of just saying it's bad or i oppose, no, they act trollish in some way towards you.

Korean Ninja
15 Jul 2011, 06:41pm
:baby: <--- best emoticon

high rws
15 Jul 2011, 06:58pm
are you simple? :LOOL:

Zaraki's not referring to you but to others that act retarded or trollish towards this idea, instead of just saying it's bad or i oppose, no, they act trollish in some way towards you.

oh okay lol sorry

Tweezy
15 Jul 2011, 06:59pm
A community can never work as a democracy. Most deffinalty not this one. The systems we have are pefect for us.

But yeah guys, stop trolling Albania and his posts, just keep it ontopic please! <3

Chaoz`
15 Jul 2011, 07:04pm
A community can never work as a democracy. Most deffinalty not this one. The systems we have are pefect for us.

But yeah guys, stop trolling Albania and his posts, just keep it ontopic please! <3

correct this is a Tyranny (The Good Tyrant <3) or atleast a communism

Ms. Blargh
15 Jul 2011, 07:29pm
Never going to happen, it would cause more problems then its worth.

For Ban Appeals

Like people have said there are way too many trolls in SG and groups of them that would try to get someone they hate banned.

Also complaints without evidence are rare, and odds are that if the person really is a rulebreaker, they will do it again.
Player Complaints

Higher ups aren't perfect, but that is why there are more then one. If one of us makes an unfair decision the others usually call us out on it, or even the players do (lol potshot). We do take what players and admins say into consideration.

Chaoz`
15 Jul 2011, 07:32pm
Never going to happen, it would cause more problems then its worth.

lol funny you quoted all that just to say this :LOOL:

Ms. Blargh
15 Jul 2011, 07:59pm
lol funny you quoted all that just to say this :LOOL:
lol wrong, i responded inside the quote i guess its hard to read let me change the color.

Im a Jackass
17 Jul 2011, 10:28am

ok sir it is you who should fuck off I never called you not smart but now I really do think you are now you may say "fuck off" because this time I am calling you a dip

and how about he lock this pointless thread befor it goes way off topic this Aledeana or what ever the fuck his name is seems to love to make things go off

HZK
17 Jul 2011, 10:43am
This thread is going so far off topic.

Albania please stop starting random arguments against single targets or else you could find yourself in trouble very quickly. You should never be so inclined to rudely fight back or use derogatory/inflammatory language in a majority of your posts.

Lock this thread please, before Albania takes it further.

mapper
17 Jul 2011, 10:47am
This would be equal to voteban anyone on the server ...
Again, this is a way to troll someone. If a player isnt liked by a number of people, he is basically screwed.

Higher ups may not be always right, but are regular players so perfect then ?

Mad Dogg
17 Jul 2011, 11:11am
Im sorry but I think we have good system atm. Members voting on complaints/appeals wouldt change anything tbh.
Complaints need a proof and appeals are handled by Higher ups so it would be useless.

Hallow
17 Jul 2011, 11:26am
This would be equal to voteban anyone on the server ...
Again, this is a way to troll someone. If a player isnt liked by a number of people, he is basically screwed.

Higher ups may not be always right, but are regular players so perfect then ?

Exactly, this is about the end of this thread, mapper and other people already pointed out the major flaws.