PDA

View Full Version : Rurouni Kenshin

A Loaf Pincher
13 Jul 2011, 07:12am
In the type of environment I was raised, anime was almost considered a taboo and thus no one ever has heard of it. I do like anime, but I'm very limited. Dragonball doesn't really do it for me, neither does Naruto (sorry, I'm tired of hearing "I'm a ninja!" all the time).

The only real anime that I loved and still often try to watch today is Rurouni Kenshin. The classic japanese tale of a once-assassin turned good. Most recognizable by his reverse-blade sword and the X scar on his left cheek.

I just was wondering if anyone else has heard of this anime series and remembers it before it ended in 1998.

http://i55.tinypic.com/sllbic.jpg

Drox
13 Jul 2011, 07:30am
Yea, I use to watch it on toonami till it ended right when he was learning the final move from his master. Maybe like 2-3 years ago I finally went back and watched the episodes I didn't see. It's a pretty good anime although if you like this, you should check out the origin anime movie series which is called Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (I think there is also another one I saw that shows Kenshin after the anime named Samurai X: Reflection. Which shows his son and what happens to Kenshin an his wife Kaoru).

Vader
13 Jul 2011, 10:13pm
Great anime, just watched it a month ago.

Elleon
13 Jul 2011, 10:39pm
I liked it myself, but felt is went way downhill towards the end.

It already felt complete so I don't see why they needed to drag it out longer with a new arc. It's been a while since I actually finished watching so I may be off on some parts, but I strongly recall that being the impression that was given.

Personally, I would have preferred much more blood.

Vader
13 Jul 2011, 10:43pm
I liked it myself, but felt is went way downhill towards the end.

It already felt complete so I don't see why they needed to drag it out longer with a new arc. It's been a while since I actually finished watching so I may be off on some parts, but I strongly recall that being the impression that was given.

Personally, I would have preferred much more blood.

I actually stopped on that arc that you are talking about. Not sure why they dragged the anime as well. It was still a great anime while it lasted.

Motox
16 Jan 2014, 03:39pm
One of my favorite old school anime, sorry for commenting on this thread 4 years later but I couldn't resist, I watched a good portion of it on crackle. But stopped after a while, after seeing this thread I'm thinking of coming back to it.