PDA

View Full Version : ConnorC's Steam Issues

ConnorC
8 Jul 2011, 03:09am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Steam Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
No What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast/Eset Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
- Please state your problem here
When I start Fallout: New Vegas, the menu loads fine, as soon as I click Play an error is displayed telling me:

'Fallout: New Vegas does not appear to be installed and the installer could not be found.

Try exploring to your DVD-ROM drive and selecting setup.exe to install the game'

I've tried practically every solution I could find from google which included deleting and restoring the game from a backup, deleting and re-downloading the game completely, deleting clientregistry.blob, changing the launch settings to dxlevel -8.0, changing steam and fallout new vegas to run as administrator, etc.

None of the things I have tried have worked, it's annoying as I bought this during the sale, I played on it that night, and the day afterwards - I tried to play it yesterday and I get this error, I've honestly got no clue and after searching through google there seems to be no solid solution to this problem.

ConnorC
8 Jul 2011, 06:11am
Fixed it - For reference if anyone has the same error delete the fallout new vegas NCF files located in Steam\Steamapps and redownload (Which only takes a couple of minutes).