PDA

View Full Version : US congress bill banning uploading of entertainment.

Wall-Nut
3 Jul 2011, 10:45am
I recently heard that the US congress is deciding on a bill that disallows people to upload entertainment that is not theirs. This includes TV shows, video games, movies, etc. For example, the bill is saying that if you were to upload css gameplay, you could get arrested or fined. This means that machinima will go completely out of business, and it will affect many many people.

I am not too familiar about what exactly is happening, just the general stuff. Can anyone tell me about what's happening?

Anyway, what's your opinion on this bill?

mapper
3 Jul 2011, 10:49am
Probably some weirdo who said this to start confusion. Seems Bullcrap to me.

Leon
3 Jul 2011, 10:50am
They can go fuck themselves.

Drox
3 Jul 2011, 10:54am
I've been hearing about this, and even signed the website to tell congress not to do it here (http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ten_strikes?akid=700.450896.5hVZPC&rd=1&t=1). Some gaming companies like Capcom and Mojang have already said they will be adding things to their TOS if this passes to protect those who stream and post stuff of theirs but seems kind of a waste of money to try and police such a petty thing that helps music and gaming get free advertising from gameplay and music videos.

Cromyth
3 Jul 2011, 10:59am
it's not going to pass. Only 10 support it currently

sebak
3 Jul 2011, 11:55am
lol no way this would pass.

PingPong
3 Jul 2011, 07:57pm
Repost from other thread

Will never pass, not to mention games are getting more open to uploading content, halo and cod theater for example. It's also free advertising for the game companies. Never going to happen

Sexy Fish
3 Jul 2011, 10:25pm
Even if it did pass, companies would just add clauses to their TOS, so it wouldn't even matter.

HZK
5 Jul 2011, 09:47am
Major backlash even if it does pass.

No chance.

Forester155
6 Jul 2011, 07:35am
THIS BILL IS UNDER CONSIDERATION RIGHT NOW!

IT IS BEING BACKED BY MANY MAJOR ENTERTAINMENT COMPANIES!

URGENT: Congress Wants To Make Streaming A Felony | Demand Progress (http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ten_strikes/)

READ THE PAGE AND OPPOSE!

Wall-Nut
6 Jul 2011, 07:45am
If this shit passes I'm hiring Osama to bomb the US Congress people. And believe me, Osama's alive and well. SEALs killed a fake. Even ask WackyIraqy.

Crazy Swede
6 Jul 2011, 09:49am
Wow... imagine all these blocked content images for all Americans ^^
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2mxr061.jpg

Im a Jackass
6 Jul 2011, 11:34am
ahh Poor Zealot he will go to jail for his crimes of posting cool vids tisk tisk

Korean Ninja
8 Jul 2011, 01:24pm
shitty bill from shitty congressmembers LOOL

Serenity
9 Jul 2011, 05:07pm
Am I the only one who doesn't have an issue with this? It just bans unauthorized streaming of copyrighted content. Pirates lose out and everyone else can go and watch Buffy on Netflix.

HotbutColdBacon
9 Jul 2011, 05:33pm
Fuck the Government, they always do something that pisses people off.

Wall-Nut
10 Jul 2011, 01:31pm
Am I the only one who doesn't have an issue with this? It just bans unauthorized streaming of copyrighted content. Pirates lose out and everyone else can go and watch Buffy on Netflix.

We all have issues because we all want to see how the new entertainment stuff looks. I'm still indecisive on whether i should get mw3 or not.

Korean Ninja
10 Jul 2011, 11:02pm
Fuck the Government, they always do something that pisses people off.

ud b surprised how bad a country runs without a government

nintendo64sim
14 Jul 2011, 03:44pm
To the bill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4UfAL9f74I

dolph1n
17 Jul 2011, 01:13pm
It's still going to occur, Congress comes out with a new bill about piracy and illegal downloading/uploading of content every week. Nothing ever changes.

Repeat
20 Jul 2011, 02:33pm
Hmm, now we know why Congress hasn't passed anything on the debt ceiling. Too busy with this crap.

Lux
24 Jul 2011, 03:36pm
Can't see how anyone would be prosecuted for uploading CSS footage.

For a start.....who is going to prosecute? Valve encourage uploading, and so do so many other gaming companies......except when it's in beta or something.....

Mercy
25 Jul 2011, 08:11am
they arent talking about game uploads they just mean that they will be more strict about shit like the new movies that come out, which you are "only" suppose to see in theatres

Lux
25 Jul 2011, 11:23am
they arent talking about game uploads they just mean that they will be more strict about shit like the new movies that come out, which you are "only" suppose to see in theatres

So basically......it's another law where they claim it will prevent pirating and everyone carries on pirating like nothing happened?