PDA

View Full Version : Frostbyte's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Frostbyte
2 Jul 2011, 12:32pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yeah, I've got an 8600 I think and I updated the drivers 2 days ago. Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
MalwareBytes/Spybot Search and Destroy Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
No idea Please state your problem here
Basically, I randomly started having consistent and annoying delay with my computer. I have no idea what caused it, I havent torrented or done anything like that since I built it. I did a full scan of my computer and I came up clean, as well as system restored my computer to a few days prior to the problem occurring. However, the problem persists, and I think it might be more of a hardware problem, but I'm not sure and dont want to spend money on parts or anything unless I'm sure of whats wrong. For example, I'll be playing a game or surfing the web, when I'll get a periodic delay of roughly 10-45 seconds before having it return to normal for a bit and then the problem reappears again. On a side note, this happened before and I'm fairly sure it has sometihng to do with the problem. The first time I detected the problem, I restarted the computer and it didnt boot up normally. It said something about a link or power or something and told me to press one of the F buttons to run a scan. It ran the scan (the screen turned blue and a bunch of shit came up while it scanned and I watched tv to pass the time) and then the computer went back to normal but the delay persisted.

Edit: I can list my specs if needed and any other stuff like that so feel free to ask.

Tweezy
2 Jul 2011, 04:56pm
Try running a scan on your RAM, Microsoft has a freetool that will scan it for you, then record a log;

Microsoft Online Crash Analysis (http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp)

Copy and paste the log and we'll see if we can see any errors.

Frostbyte
2 Jul 2011, 05:06pm
The diagnostic requires me to burn the thing to a CD, which I cant do at the moment due to my lack of a blank CD. However, I took this picture with my phone and I hope it will help. (This happens sometimes, not all of the time)

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq182/Frostbyte/DeerfieldBeach-20110702-00025.jpg

Silva
2 Jul 2011, 06:19pm
PXE-E61 MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE

Make sure first boot device is NOT set to network in the bios or maybe the hdd has gone and its looking for a operating system to load

Check cable connections (reseat),
Check jumpers on hard drive for Master/Slave or CS settings,
Check BIOS settings for boot order,
And lastly have your BIOS rescan your HD or reset your BIOS to defaults.

Did this help?