PDA

View Full Version : Maddie

James
3 May 2008, 03:18pm
Does anyone else get sick of hearing about Madeleine McCann?

IT BLOODY ANNOYS ME HOW IT GETS SO MUCH PRESS COVERAGE!!!

Jaffa
3 May 2008, 03:27pm
its because the media likes sad/upsetting stories

Senior
3 May 2008, 03:45pm
yet ive never heard of her, lol.

Italian Jew
3 May 2008, 04:07pm
yet ive never heard of her, lol.

It is a british missing person from my understanding and if you are in America, all the media cares about is what McCain misstated, how black is Obama, and if Hilary really is a woman.

SpikedRocker
3 May 2008, 05:34pm
Working in the media, I've noticed a trend with missing children. Of what most you hear about are young "beauty queen" girls. Its a rare thing if you hear about a missing boy in the national media. If she is cute then that makes it more important to find her. Our (America's, I can't speak for others) society is all about image and materialistic values. Maddie, Jon Benet, the one girl that disapeered in aruba. Its all about how you look, it shows also in magazines and other forms of tv. its a sad world we live in.

James
4 May 2008, 03:50am
I'm with James on this one. Not only have they ruined a perfectly good song, but they've wasted media coverage, police time and most people's time.

They've turned their missing daughter into a cash cow. Do you have any idea how much money they are currently sitting on from donations to "help fund private detectives"?

Their fund isn't even set up as a charity. Go look, it's a private limited company.

Families around the world suffer the heartache of losing children all the time, but can it be really helped by funded visits to the Vatican and America and selling news stories to magazines and newspapers?

Find Madeleine Campaign? I'll sell my possessions, go to India and become a Monk if they find her alive.

She's dead. Face it. Move on.

They are actually using some of that money to pay for their mortgage among other things.

Tcp-Kill
4 May 2008, 03:51am
At first it was sad story, but then it got boring the parents shouldent of left 3 fucking children in a room on there own with the door unlocked to have a peaceful meal, would you leave 500 dollars/pounds on the floor no

Parents Fault

I'm with James on this one. Not only have they ruined a perfectly good song, but they've wasted media coverage, police time and most people's time.

They've turned their missing daughter into a cash cow. Do you have any idea how much money they are currently sitting on from donations to "help fund private detectives"?

Their fund isn't even set up as a charity. Go look, it's a private limited company.

Families around the world suffer the heartache of losing children all the time, but can it be really helped by funded visits to the Vatican and America and selling news stories to magazines and newspapers?

Find Madeleine Campaign? I'll sell my possessions, go to India and become a Monk if they find her alive.

She's dead. Face it. Move on.

They are actually using some of that money to pay for their mortgage among other things.

To The mortgage thing

What a fucking piss take