PDA

View Full Version : Claiming

Harry
18 Jun 2011, 05:10pm
Can we have a rule against claiming, not the current "it's not RDM if they are claiming"? It's dumb as hell that it exempts you from RDM. A few people every round like to claim areas and RDM anyone instant that go into it. They just claim the area right when the round begins, which sorta defeats the purpose of the game.

Afamad 2.1
18 Jun 2011, 05:11pm
I agree, because Jazzy and Harry just made me RDM them because they were both being retarded and killing each other.

Vader
18 Jun 2011, 05:42pm
I agree, because Jazzy and Harry just made me RDM them because they were both being retarded and killing each other.

At least they didn't rage quit when they died.

Paralyzed
18 Jun 2011, 05:45pm
Yeah, I think this "Claiming area" should be removed overall and not be allowed at all anymore. There's really a lot of RDM going on due to this "I claimed the area, so I can kill you instantly" thing. Thor also pointed out that he doesn't approve the claiming as it just results in mass-rdm.

High
18 Jun 2011, 05:49pm
I booted a few who started claiming the entire map. and started spree rdm'ing.

Elfbarf
18 Jun 2011, 06:11pm
I already go out of my way to kill anyone who's claiming (and tell everyone on the server to do the same), it might as well be against the rules.

Also, can we have a rule where if Afamad gets detective he's required to give someone else his DNA scanner? That way the traitors would actually have to put some effort in to win the round.

edit: Added a new post below, CAMPING the entire round should be against the rules, claiming a room later into the round is fine (as long as you make it clear).

Doctordan
18 Jun 2011, 06:13pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/trouble-terrorist-town-72-26-196-166-27015/44651-claiming-areas.html I wanted it for a long time

No Claiming should be a rule

Elfbarf
18 Jun 2011, 06:15pm
I can understand maybe if its later into the round and you aren't getting many responses from a live check (though you should really be running around looking for bodies, a traitor will find you quickly if he has radar), but immediately claiming a room at the beginning of the round and killing anyone you see should be against the rules.

Doctordan
18 Jun 2011, 06:16pm
No reason to claim
claiming just delays the round makes every thing take longer

Spartan
18 Jun 2011, 06:44pm
You know you can kill them too right?

Btw things like "I claim the entire map" isn't allowed. You can only claim a small area if you think you're in danger of being killed.

Elfbarf
18 Jun 2011, 06:54pm

Btw things like "I claim the entire map" isn't allowed. You can only claim a small area if you think you're in danger of being killed.

Yes, but we lose karma for enforcing what should be against the rules. There is absolutely no reason at all to claim a room/building in the beginning of the round, you're giving your teammates a disadvantage by doing jack shit. I still fail to see your reasoning behind supporting claiming and various other things (not wanting a fixed version of borders for example), there's just no logic behind it.

fanatiik
18 Jun 2011, 06:54pm
First of all I don't see the point of claiming areas, Its just so boring to camp a spot for the entire round

Second, when you claim areas you can't keep up with the game which means you will probably kill any one you see even if they're proven innocent

And to conclude, claiming should be removed. This morning on borders Commander Jeff claimed the tree house on border and he killed three innocent Which made his karma shit and he allowed James bond the medic in since she was there before him to end up dieing by a knife since she was a traitor. Was funny but still it can result in a delay if the last innocent is just camping an area and the traitor has to buy a radar to find him.

Jazzyy
18 Jun 2011, 07:27pm
I booted a few who started claiming the entire map***. and started spree rdm'ing.
**pre-round. was also a traitor.

also lol harry just mad cause i claimed. i don't even see the problem in claiming because taters are NEVER suppose to claim... so it's pretty much just a "prove your innocence" contest but people think it's a "i want this person to lose karma"
honestly lol it's a fucking area i claimed that had no items in it or anything, and i always gave verbal warnings. harry just raged at me cause i claimed everytime i was inno on westwood because it's a shitty map.

if anything claiming helps traitors, a secluded area no one else is allowed to enter? that's like a knife haven bro.

Bad Dog
18 Jun 2011, 08:59pm

I'm sorry, but I'm supposed to lose karma killing an obvious innocent (because no traitor has EVER claimed an area) just so I can get past/into a room?

And Spartan, you are missing the entire point they are making that NO ONE claims areas because they "think they are in danger". Almost 100% of the time, its done at the start of the round/pre-round, not to protect themselves, but just to claim a room and be able to RDM legally.

The current claiming rule is only in effect because of a strategy that absoloutely no one uses, and is extremely ineffective to begin with. You think you're in danger (how do you know unless you are physically being assaulted, in which case you KNOW WHOS TRYING TO KILL YOU) so you claim some secluded room and kill any who enter? The fact that you HAVE to say what room you are claiming as a warning (EX: Don't enter testing room or you will be shot) is just broadcasting your location, meaning the traitors don't even need a fucking radar to know that you will be a sitting duck, ripe to get C4'd or bum rushed by the traitor team.

In short: the act of claiming as a legit method of survival is fucking worthless, and is rarely used as such. Instead, its used as a way for people to just claim a room and dick around and legally kill anyone who didnt have the fortune of reading chat to see their ONE warning. There is absoloutely no reason at all to keep this rule.

harro
18 Jun 2011, 09:54pm
Why don't we just set a rule such as "You are only allowed to claim past ___ time", that way there will be less QQ.

ConnorC
19 Jun 2011, 03:58am
Honestly nearly all the time that someone claims an area there innocent, so people saying shit about rdming and losing karma is complete bs - Elfbarf saying shit like he'd go out of his way to kill them is just beyond stupid, however I do think that there should be a rule such as that you can only claim smaller areas that won't interfere with gameplay to much (Such as corner buildings/rooms or small areas away from the bulk of the map), I think it should be punishable to claim areas such as the lighthouse on island, or the box room on lost temple etc.
I claim very rarely in ttt, but I normally do it when I know theres less then 10 people alive, and there was 16+ to start with, and only one traitors been killed, like last night, I claimed the sacrifice chamber right of the dart traps, that's far out of the way to interfere with gameplay, it turns out that me and Nasu were the last innocents and there was three other traitors, in the end I won due to keeping that area - Yes it's camping, Yes it's annoying but it is in no way pointless. (I'm not saying that theres no assholes who just do it to rdm - There is, but normally if there in a completely stupid spot an admin will deal with them, and if they are in a secluded spot then just leave them and eventually they'll got bored of having no attention)
I kind of agree with what Crafty said yet differently, instead of saying you can only claim so far in, if you made a rule saying you can only claim after 5:00 or 3:00, making it so that the first portion of the game was played out without much Rdm.

My opinion - Yeah it can be annoying, but it can be very useful in some situations, but if you wanted to get rid of claiming areas then you should also get rid of idiots running around saying 'Don't come near me or I'll shoot', and I've seen at least half the people in this thread say that before, and use it as an excuse for killing someone.

Harry
19 Jun 2011, 04:08am
(I'm not saying that theres no assholes who just do it to rdm - There is, but normally if there in a completely stupid spot an admin will deal with them, and if they are in a secluded spot then just leave them and eventually they'll got bored of having no attention)
But that's wrong. Admins can't do anything about them because the jerk-variety of claimers aren't technically breaking any rules. The rules say you can claim anywhere for whatever reason at any time and it exempts you from RDM, so yeah, that's what the thread is for, to change that.

There are times when claiming is okayish that you explained, but not right when the round begins when there are 20+ people, you're a detective, etc. Or a lot of the time they claim to have claimed, but no one ever heard it somehow, and they get away with RDMing anyone.

Nasu
19 Jun 2011, 04:35am
This shouldn't be a problem ]:

harro
19 Jun 2011, 07:04am
My opinion - Yeah it can be annoying, but it can be very useful in some situations, but if you wanted to get rid of claiming areas then you should also get rid of idiots running around saying 'Don't come near me or I'll shoot', and I've seen at least half the people in this thread say that before, and use it as an excuse for killing someone.

MAYBE I WOULD SAY IT LESS IF YOU DIDN'T ALWAYS RANDOMLY CROWBAR ME DURING MY TRAITOR ROUND FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Spartan
19 Jun 2011, 07:39am
I'm finding it amusing that 1 sentence; "You can claim areas but..." is causing so much controversy over the usefulness of it. I guess I rely to much of common sense from players but if I really must, admins, use the intiative and see whether what they are claiming affects the gameplay. E.G. Does the area block entrance to half the map, or does it have 1 doorway in and out. E.G. Are they simply claiming it when they don't need to.

Like I said, when you're in danger you can shout "Don't enter this room or I will kill you!" It's a tactic that can keep you alive and I don't understand the 'pointlessness' of it that you seem to be all describing. When I say danger, I mean if you're getting followed, or if there's a gun fight going on and you dunno who to kill. Or if you're bein shot at by 1 or more people and you can't win. There's a clear line between claiming for protection and claiming for the sake of claiming. I've claimed areas in danger situations and it's always been temporary. Tbh anyone who camps a room for half the round or more is just being a pussy and shows most of the times they're not really in danger.

Also as Connor said @ Elfbarf, going out of your way to kill anyone who claims a room is YOUR prerogative. You don't have to kill them. Nobody does. Is it because they are camping that you want them dead or because you hate not being able to go into a room that probably has nothing in it? Sometimes Elf it seems like you see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. I don't want the 'fixed' version of borders because the tree textures are hl2 epi 1 textures, which a lot of people will not have. They end up being purple and black textures and tbh I'd rather have the visibility from the trees not being there. Please elaborate the other things I fail to apply logic to. I always have reasons. I don't just say herp derp I want this therefore it's like that.

EDIT: Things like this:
[SG]Thor: Nah, we had one claim an area he wasnt near, ran to it and killed people who were there
[SG]Thor: and then 2 or 3 claiming areas before the round even started

This is obviously not allowed and it only seems like common sense to think it isn't.

PingPong
19 Jun 2011, 10:27am
Claiming for protection
That should be the rule

Elfbarf
19 Jun 2011, 12:07pm
Honestly nearly all the time that someone claims an area there innocent, so people saying shit about rdming and losing karma is complete bs - Elfbarf saying shit like he'd go out of his way to kill them is just beyond stupid, however I do think that there should be a rule such as that you can only claim smaller areas that won't interfere with gameplay to much (Such as corner buildings/rooms or small areas away from the bulk of the map), I think it should be punishable to claim areas such as the lighthouse on island, or the box room on lost temple etc.
I claim very rarely in ttt, but I normally do it when I know theres less then 10 people alive, and there was 16+ to start with, and only one traitors been killed, like last night, I claimed the sacrifice chamber right of the dart traps, that's far out of the way to interfere with gameplay, it turns out that me and Nasu were the last innocents and there was three other traitors, in the end I won due to keeping that area - Yes it's camping, Yes it's annoying but it is in no way pointless. (I'm not saying that theres no assholes who just do it to rdm - There is, but normally if there in a completely stupid spot an admin will deal with them, and if they are in a secluded spot then just leave them and eventually they'll got bored of having no attention)
I kind of agree with what Crafty said yet differently, instead of saying you can only claim so far in, if you made a rule saying you can only claim after 5:00 or 3:00, making it so that the first portion of the game was played out without much Rdm.

Claiming any of the sacrifice chambers would interfere, they serve as hallways. If you're going to give an example, make sure it doesn't contradict your argument. If you actually read my posts I said it was acceptable if you figured that there were several traitors left and not many (if any) innocents, but really you should be out running around looking for bodies/trying to ambush the traitors. By camping a room (especially a smaller one, not a huge sacrifice chamber) you're setting yourself up to be C4'd, knifed, or rushed by several traitors at once.

But that's wrong. Admins can't do anything about them because the jerk-variety of claimers aren't technically breaking any rules. The rules say you can claim anywhere for whatever reason at any time and it exempts you from RDM, so yeah, that's what the thread is for, to change that.

There are times when claiming is okayish that you explained, but not right when the round begins when there are 20+ people, you're a detective, etc. Or a lot of the time they claim to have claimed, but no one ever heard it somehow, and they get away with RDMing anyone.

This is exactly what I've been saying. Most servers have a rule against claiming before X minutes into the round, or once into Overtime if Haste Mode is enabled.

I'm finding it amusing that 1 sentence; "You can claim areas but..." is causing so much controversy over the usefulness of it. I guess I rely to much of common sense from players but if I really must, admins, use the intiative and see whether what they are claiming affects the gameplay. E.G. Does the area block entrance to half the map, or does it have 1 doorway in and out. E.G. Are they simply claiming it when they don't need to.

Like I said, when you're in danger you can shout "Don't enter this room or I will kill you!" It's a tactic that can keep you alive and I don't understand the 'pointlessness' of it that you seem to be all describing. When I say danger, I mean if you're getting followed, or if there's a gun fight going on and you dunno who to kill. Or if you're bein shot at by 1 or more people and you can't win. There's a clear line between claiming for protection and claiming for the sake of claiming. I've claimed areas in danger situations and it's always been temporary. Tbh anyone who camps a room for half the round or more is just being a pussy and shows most of the times they're not really in danger.

Also as Connor said @ Elfbarf, going out of your way to kill anyone who claims a room is YOUR prerogative. You don't have to kill them. Nobody does. Is it because they are camping that you want them dead or because you hate not being able to go into a room that probably has nothing in it? Sometimes Elf it seems like you see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. I don't want the 'fixed' version of borders because the tree textures are hl2 epi 1 textures, which a lot of people will not have. They end up being purple and black textures and tbh I'd rather have the visibility from the trees not being there. Please elaborate the other things I fail to apply logic to. I always have reasons. I don't just say herp derp I want this therefore it's like that.

EDIT: Things like this:

This is obviously not allowed and it only seems like common sense to think it isn't.

It's causing issues because it isn't clear at all to new players. I can't tell you how many times people come on, read that, then sit around being useless the entire round.

Once again, like I said to Connor, it would be nice if you actually read our posts before posting. Claiming near the end of the round to defend yourself IS a valid tactic, though there are several other things you could be doing to increase your chances of winning. You're MUCH better off hiding somewhere and saying "I'm killing anyone else I see", that way you don't have to announce where you're claiming (saying "I CLAIM THIS ROOM" isn't specific enough). That and actually staying mobile is generally better, that way a traitor can't rush in and knife you (or C4).

I kill them because it encourages bad play and if they continue doing it they wont get any better at the game. I like winning, I don't like people wasting slots on the server because all they do is sit in a corner for 11 minutes and RDM whoever enters (generally without a warning). I could say the same exact thing for you Spartan, I (along with several other people) have already explained countless times but you refuse to listen. I understand that the tree textures are from Ep 1/2, as-is people who have the games are at a disadvantage because other people can see through them (as they appear as error boxes). Its extremely misleading for both sides, as the people with the error boxes can't tell that the trees are blocking their shots, and the people WITH the trees have their view blocked.

If you're going to keep the rule as-is (even though most of the community disagrees with you), at least clarify it a bit. We can't assume people will understand, we're living in a dumbed down world where common sense is rare.

ConnorC
19 Jun 2011, 01:02pm
Claiming any of the sacrifice chambers would interfere

The one in the corner of the map right of the dart trap has one entrance, and one teleport as my 'Escape' - It is by far the most effective place to claim in any of the maps on the server, you can watch the one entrance and if you get outnumbered jump into the teleport. It doesn't interfere at all.

Jazzyy
19 Jun 2011, 01:13pm
keep the fucking rule as-is. it's fucking fine so long as the person claiming isn't interfering by blocking or something like that.

honestly, half of you fucking trollbait by purposely getting killed so they lose karma, and the other half kills the guy claiming. now it seems whenever i claim as a legitimate gameplay strategy i must be "trolling" because i want to kill people. i just want to hide from you fuckers.

Elfbarf
19 Jun 2011, 01:40pm
The one in the corner of the map right of the dart trap has one entrance, and one teleport as my 'Escape' - It is by far the most effective place to claim in any of the maps on the server, you can watch the one entrance and if you get outnumbered jump into the teleport. It doesn't interfere at all.

Forgot about that one, sorry.

Spartan
19 Jun 2011, 02:05pm
I (along with several other people) have already explained countless times but you refuse to listen.

If you're going to keep the rule as-is (even though most of the community disagrees with you), at least clarify it a bit.

You're totally fucking right. I'm not listening AT ALL. Infact, my entire post towards what the rule actually means is virtually non existant. It's as if I never made it! Oh wait, perhaps I made it because I read what the posts say. This is starting to piss me off really. You and a few others disagree with me. Therefore you represent what the community wants, right? Even though I JUST EXPLAINED the rule means you claim for protection, not for the sake of claiming. That is the clarity. I can't make a giant paragraph in the motd for it. This is where admins step in to explain it more. I don't want claiming areas taken out of the gameplay. It still saves you in certain situations. I just cannot think of many situations where a player who acts like a dick about claiming an area hasn't been told he can't do that since it's always been "you can't claim areas that block parts of the map" and what not.

Also if you think I'm raging and being half a tyrant on the issue, please, wake up. I do read your posts. I do listen to the community. I work hard on trying to improve ttt for the players and all I get is a "you are ignorant" post. A time limit on claiming an area is not even necessary, since you can be in danger right from the start. Just keep the claiming legit, and anyone that doesn't should be warned to leave or be kicked.

EDIT: I'll change the motd on loadup to say you can claim for protection only, as pingpong stated. Also sorry if I sounded rude in this post. I just was however, annoyed.

Harpr33t
19 Jun 2011, 02:53pm
Personally I don't see any harm in an innocent camping a room. Is it really that hard to not go in a certain room across the map? As for people like Elfbarf who like to just go ahead and kill people and encourage killing these people, you're basically encouraging RDM because next time they claim something, you're not gonna get warned to leave. It'll just a shotgun blast to the face and you'll throw a hissy fit over it.

Elfbarf
19 Jun 2011, 03:14pm
The only time I call people out/kill people for it is when they do it immediately after the round starts. Like I said, it encourages bad play, wastes a slot on the server, and generally causes RDM. Most of the time when people do this they give 1 single warning in chat (at the beginning of the round, which hardly anyone notices) and proceed to shoot people immediately if they try to enter the room. This is the only kind of claiming I'm against, if you legitimately think you're in danger its fine (though shooting detectives is obviously still RDM). If all you want to do is camp in a room for hours then you shouldn't be playing TTT.

edit: boy do I love claiming
http://i.imgur.com/LCYfY.jpg (http://imgur.com/LCYfY)

Metal
19 Jun 2011, 05:43pm

FFS, Can I BAN HARP NOW?

Harry
19 Jun 2011, 05:48pm
FFS, Can I BAN HARP NOW?
No, he claimed.

Paralyzed
19 Jun 2011, 05:50pm
No, he claimed.

Yet you headshot me on my T round because of that. :cry:

Harpr33t
19 Jun 2011, 06:59pm
The only time I call people out/kill people for it is when they do it immediately after the round starts. Like I said, it encourages bad play, wastes a slot on the server, and generally causes RDM. Most of the time when people do this they give 1 single warning in chat (at the beginning of the round, which hardly anyone notices) and proceed to shoot people immediately if they try to enter the room. This is the only kind of claiming I'm against, if you legitimately think you're in danger its fine (though shooting detectives is obviously still RDM). If all you want to do is camp in a room for hours then you shouldn't be playing TTT.

edit: boy do I love claiming
Thats what happens when you shoot at a guy claiming.

Elfbarf
19 Jun 2011, 07:35pm
Thats what happens when you shoot at a guy claiming.

I never shot you and several people up there didn't even have weapons. You're lucky you didn't kill 5 people with that discombob.

duhoh
19 Jun 2011, 08:21pm
QQ more. killing them for encouraging bad play? who the heck are YOU?

whine less and stop using the rules to fit your convenience.

Bad Dog
19 Jun 2011, 08:30pm
QQ more. killing them for encouraging bad play? who the heck are YOU?

whine less and stop using the rules to fit your convenience.

I'm sorry but you're going to have to clarify who 'them' and 'YOU' are, because I have no idea who the hell you are bashing in this comment.

Elfbarf
19 Jun 2011, 08:40pm
I'm sorry but you're going to have to clarify who 'them' and 'YOU' are, because I have no idea who the hell you are bashing in this comment.

I'm pretty sure he's bashing me (as usual) but it appears as if he's having some issues with grammar.

harro
19 Jun 2011, 11:49pm
People like Harpreet and Jazzy really do need to stop claiming areas like the top of the lighthouse on island and the helicopter rooftop on vessel. You two are obviously looking for excuses to discombob people off of rooftops, considering I HAVE fallen to my death because of you two, even if you had not claimed an area at all. If you constantly claim areas that make maps fun, such as the two I stated, traitors end up with no one to kill, which makes the round suck for them, and there are still a bunch of innocents that want you banned at the end of the round, even if what you did was still "technically correct". Haha it's funny when you goomba stomp the guy that wasn't paying attention at the base of the lighthouse, but it gets stupid and annoying when you guys pull that shit every single round. I haven't been here longer than much people, and already, I'm sick and tired of your bullshit, and I'm sure other people are too.

Not to mention this turns off new players to the server, because they sometimes wonder why they were killed, just because they didn't know where "tree" at borders was, and instantly were gunned down to death upon passing through the teleporter up.

Geniuses like you that find a way to exploit something as simple as claiming an area are the reason we have to have these stupid debates, so could you please just fucking grow up and play the game as it was intended to be played. If you're an innocent, you should try to make it so that innocents win at the end of the round. If you're a traitor, you kill innocents. Not a hard concept to understand.

Afamad 2.1
20 Jun 2011, 07:47am
Last time I saw Jazzy (innocent) claim an area, he killed the detective (me)....

Dumbass.

Forester155
20 Jun 2011, 05:20pm
claming is an integral part of the game. WITHIN REASON.

Ex: Good- "Anybody comes into the cupbord hidden behind the staircase and i BLOW YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT"
Ex: Bad- "This whole BUILDING/SECTOR/MAP IS MINE!! MASS RDM TIMEEEE!! FUCK YEAH!!!"

We need to use the same things we use when we judge if a detective order is acceptable, our fucking brains.

like with detective orders

Ex:Good- "You, gimme your god damn gun, i think you shot somebody with it."
Ex:Bad- "No Guns rule! anybody with guns out is to be killed on sight, keep it holstered or crowbar'd"

just be SMART. if somebody claims the whole map, call them out, and kill them.
if a detective claims no guns rule or something, when they shoot you kill them, just be ready for it!

JUDGEMENT.

Jazzyy
20 Jun 2011, 05:51pm
People like Harpreet and Jazzy really do need to stop claiming areas like the top of the lighthouse on island and the helicopter rooftop on vessel. You two are obviously looking for excuses to discombob people off of rooftops, considering I HAVE fallen to my death because of you two, even if you had not claimed an area at all. If you constantly claim areas that make maps fun, such as the two I stated, traitors end up with no one to kill, which makes the round suck for them, and there are still a bunch of innocents that want you banned at the end of the round, even if what you did was still "technically correct". Haha it's funny when you goomba stomp the guy that wasn't paying attention at the base of the lighthouse, but it gets stupid and annoying when you guys pull that shit every single round. I haven't been here longer than much people, and already, I'm sick and tired of your bullshit, and I'm sure other people are too.
seriously? you talk about how claiming is such a big fucking deal and how it needs to stop, when it's not even a problem? guys its claiming a non-intrusive area on a map. you aren't forced to go in. The people who bitch about claiming on TTT are the same people who bitch about camping on any other game. It's a reliable tactic that has done wonders

Not to mention this turns off new players to the server, because they sometimes wonder why they were killed, just because they didn't know where "tree" at borders was, and instantly were gunned down to death upon passing through the teleporter up.
obviously because claiming top of light house = claiming a random tree in borders
i like how you think new players will just ragequit after being killed for claiming. i mean honestly, it's in the motd. if you can't figure out what "claiming" means or you can't figure out when i say "leave or im killing you" then i don't think you'd survive long on the server regardless. TTT isn't a hard fucking concept people, and all you're doing right now is trying to drop hypothetical questions to make your point seem more viable.

TTT is just a giant poker game and a play. It's all about over extending actions and making other players believe you're innocent. You play a few hands and make it seem you're doing things only an innocent would do, and you keep on that trend when you're a traitor. And that's how you win a round. You stick with something after a few rounds, people think it's the norm, people believe you've been innocent this whole time. So a few dumbasses like Elfbarf and Afamad run in thinking they'll just kill someone and "cleanse" the server. So one round, they might just get a knife struck in their cranium instead.

Metal
20 Jun 2011, 06:11pm
How about just not allowing this at all?
Seems people are making this bigger than it really is.

Elfbarf
20 Jun 2011, 07:27pm
seriously? you talk about how claiming is such a big fucking deal and how it needs to stop, when it's not even a problem? guys its claiming a non-intrusive area on a map. you aren't forced to go in. The people who bitch about claiming on TTT are the same people who bitch about camping on any other game. It's a reliable tactic that has done wonders

obviously because claiming top of light house = claiming a random tree in borders
i like how you think new players will just ragequit after being killed for claiming. i mean honestly, it's in the motd. if you can't figure out what "claiming" means or you can't figure out when i say "leave or im killing you" then i don't think you'd survive long on the server regardless. TTT isn't a hard fucking concept people, and all you're doing right now is trying to drop hypothetical questions to make your point seem more viable.

TTT is just a giant poker game and a play. It's all about over extending actions and making other players believe you're innocent. You play a few hands and make it seem you're doing things only an innocent would do, and you keep on that trend when you're a traitor. And that's how you win a round. You stick with something after a few rounds, people think it's the norm, people believe you've been innocent this whole time. So a few dumbasses like Elfbarf and Afamad run in thinking they'll just kill someone and "cleanse" the server. So one round, they might just get a knife struck in their cranium instead.

No one attacked you yesterday yet you proceeded to go on a killing spree, taking down 2 detectives and 1 innocent before being killed. I fail to see how I'm at fault.

PingPong
20 Jun 2011, 08:47pm
Once again

Claiming for protection
This this this x100

harro
20 Jun 2011, 10:11pm
Jazzy, you should explain your reasoning for discombobing DETECTIVES then if you want to even make your point seem valid. How are new players supposed to know where certain areas are before they walk in them, excluding blatantly obvious places like the lighthouse? Not to mention half the time people are mic spamming and chat spamming, so you can't even hear it in the first place. Also, nonintrusive? Traitors can stake a claim to hide bodies in areas, and why would you make a detective flip a coin to assume you're either a dipshit innocent or a traitor? Not to mention you, jazzy, enjoy killing ppl at the beginning of the round, not Id the body, and make it harder for the d to find the fucking traitors. And sorry for any typing errors, this is from my touch.

Vader
20 Jun 2011, 11:16pm
Can we still claim areas by the way? If yes.... then I will claim an area and one deag everyone every round whoever comes into my area!

Jazzyy
21 Jun 2011, 06:48am
No one attacked you yesterday yet you proceeded to go on a killing spree, taking down 2 detectives and 1 innocent before being killed. I fail to see how I'm at fault.
did you go into my claimed area?

Jazzy, you should explain your reasoning for discombobing DETECTIVES then if you want to even make your point seem valid. How are new players supposed to know where certain areas are before they walk in them, excluding blatantly obvious places like the lighthouse? Not to mention half the time people are mic spamming and chat spamming, so you can't even hear it in the first place. Also, nonintrusive? Traitors can stake a claim to hide bodies in areas, and why would you make a detective flip a coin to assume you're either a dipshit innocent or a traitor? Not to mention you, jazzy, enjoy killing ppl at the beginning of the round, not Id the body, and make it harder for the d to find the fucking traitors. And sorry for any typing errors, this is from my touch.

i never discbombulated anyone in the lighthouse, you wouldn't make it up there in time as I'd be on the lower part telling people to gtf down. ive been pretty justified with my warnings and ive given a lot more than i should've. i have problems with 2 types of detectives: the ones who just want to kill you for claiming (elfbarf) and the ones who walk in and take everyone with them (elfbarf)

wanna know what's better than having a rdm fest on a map? having an rdm fest in an enclosed area with about 12~ people with 3 of htem being the traitor.

and like i say in PB, it's really not my problem if you didn't hear me and it's not my problem if you don't know the map, i'm going to shoot you regardless because you could just be lying to get near me to knife me. you can go up there fine and i tell you to leave, and then bullets start flying. you act like this is some impossible tactic to grasp and now you're just posting shit.

regardless, i've said all that needs to be said, gtfo i claim this thread

SilentGuns
21 Jun 2011, 12:11pm
Well if you do shoot at me when I come near your area then that is a green light for me and others to blow your face off.

basically you shoot at one person, he can see it as an act of treason and alert the others.

Afamad 2.1
21 Jun 2011, 12:40pm
Or how about we stop claiming areas "just for fun", and stop being fucking retards about it.

Jazzyy
21 Jun 2011, 01:10pm
Or how about we stop propkilling "just for fun," and stop being fucking retards about it.

Psyche
21 Jun 2011, 01:14pm
http://www.chaobell.net/newgallery/d/2905-2/awwwwshit.jpg

Jazzyy
21 Jun 2011, 01:44pm
http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/Spiderman%20Fucks%20Falling.png

Afamad 2.1
21 Jun 2011, 02:18pm
Or how about we stop propkilling "just for fun," and stop being fucking retards about it.

I only propkill people that agree though :P

Jazzyy
21 Jun 2011, 02:27pm
I only propkill people that agree though :P
demos say otherwise

Elfbarf
21 Jun 2011, 04:46pm
did you go into my claimed area?

Yes, but I was a detective. There isn't any reason to not allow a detective into your claimed area unless you're hiding something.

Barber
21 Jun 2011, 05:15pm
Yes, but I was a detective. There isn't any reason to not allow a detective into your claimed area unless you're hiding something.

was there

Nova100222
21 Jun 2011, 06:36pm
yay a flame war over a topic that can never be won because both sides have valid arguments so get the fuck over it and establish rules for it like no claiming entire map (which is against the rules), no claiming rooms that lead onto rest of the map like say the map nexus. so stfu and get the fuck over it no one is going to win this battle and its just gonna keep going on.

Josh1
21 Jun 2011, 08:38pm
Claiming just generally leads to rdm... it does nothing but make people flame... Why claim when you can tell people to stop following you and then just run off o.O? if they keep following you or keep popping up their pretty obviously traitor

Barber
21 Jun 2011, 11:23pm
Its dumb cause 100% or the time, when a kid claims a room, its for no particular reasons apart from being an attention whore and you just want the whole server to show their faces in the claimed area. Cause yes, when you claim a room, it acts like an alert to everybody,

-''HEY EVERYBODY IM HIDING HERE OKAY SO DONT COME SEE ME''

-'' Im totally going there''. 100% of the time.

And then it leads to a inno bloodbath and the T's get that dirt off their shoulders. I mean, isint claiming suppose to be for those with low health, and who knows T's are looking for em, OR, for T's which KOS have been put on them. I mean, claiming is overrated. We should get rid of this and punish claiming. Im not saying no camping, or no cading, just dont gun people cause you claimed, totally knowing these kills were RDM but gets away and blame it on claiming. And dont go, ''AIGHT, I BE SQUEEZIN MAD CLIPS AT POEPLE THAT ARE COME TO ME ROOM K?'' Its just dumb and ridiculous. Just play the game, and if you are bored of being inno, just find something to do like chasing a butterfly, or cbarring Ultra.

Elfbarf
22 Jun 2011, 10:01am
Just play the game, and if you are bored of being inno, just find something to do like chasing a butterfly, or cbarring Ultra.

24/7 de_rimini

Paralyzed
22 Jun 2011, 11:57am
if they keep following you or keep popping up their pretty obviously traitor

O'rly.

vorter
23 Jun 2011, 12:19am
Meh. I agree though, I get killed all the time from claiming.

Harpr33t
23 Jun 2011, 12:43pm
After being constantly knifed in the first minute of the game for 5 rounds in a row, I decided to camp a room. Jazzy instantly storms in and shoots at me. I killed his pathetic wannabe Elfbarf's ass and in return I get knifed by Leeroy.

xoul
23 Jun 2011, 08:44pm
After being constantly knifed in the first minute of the game for 5 rounds in a row, I decided to camp a room. Jazzy instantly storms in and shoots at me. I killed his pathetic wannabe Elfbarf's ass and in return I get knifed by Leeroy.

so u know that just some idiot just looking for a reason to kill u, there a a difference between killing a guy who claims a room and looking to kill someone who claimed a room. Harpreet imo they rdmed u so i would have slayed...trying to be a dumb ass killin anyone who claims a room at the beginning is some1 looking to kill for no reason

Vader
23 Jun 2011, 10:08pm
I never have claimed an area before, might have to try this and one deag some n00bs. Everyone knows me for my one drags and of course my DMRs. :D watch me one deag 10+ people as innocent lOlolo

mikeypoo
24 Jun 2011, 02:01am
I'll kill anyone who claims a room, that's all.

ConnorC
24 Jun 2011, 11:26am
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/northeastern-pennsylvania/73387d1293587394-pocono-country-place-good-bad-its-zombie-thread.jpg

Paralyzed
24 Jun 2011, 11:43am
I never have claimed an area before, might have to try this and one deag some n00bs. Everyone knows me for my one drags and of course my DMRs. :D watch me one deag 10+ people as innocent lOlolo

You one deaging? no way.