PDA

View Full Version : Boowy

BOOWY
1 May 2008, 09:10pm
Hey. Been playing on the US/VIP servers for a few months now, and before that I played on Valhalla/FBI's escape server for a few months until they went poof, which is what caused me to come here to play escape maps. I guess nobody really knows who I am since I use different names all the time. Even I can't remember them all. I've used:

Mr. Larpus
Annihilator
ΛЯΤ √ΛΝDΛĻΛҰ
The Rotunda

And I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. I think I'm sticking with BOØWY.

Just turned 22 not too long ago, in college to be a computer programmer and will be starting game programming courses in the fall semester. I'm in the process of making an escape map though it's going slowly.

It's set in a city, so far the humans go in an apartment building from the ground floor, switch the security lock on the front door on to hold off the zombies while they would then have to break the glass to continue through. Humans climb up a flight of stairs to the 4th floor and run down the hallway where the far end of the hall's wall has been broken open. The wall on the next building over is also broken and there's two wooden planks acting like a bridge between the two buildings. Humans can shoot zombies off down into the alley where they'd have to break open a fence to get through. Humans continue through the hallway of the next building to the stairwell where they climb up to the roof and jump from the roof of the building onto the roof of the next building. This is another hold point where humans can shoot the zombies down into the alley between the two buildings where they would have to break open fencing to get through. Invisible walls stop the zombies from just jumping from the roof of a building down to the ground.

From the third building's roof the humans climb down ropes that hold the little window washing cart up against the side of the building. From the window washing cart they either jump onto a flag pole that hangs from the side of the building and climb down the flag or they can jump from the cart onto the top of a truck and lose about 25 health. Now that they're back down onto the street they cross the street and go through an open security gate that they can close by going into a little gate guard building next to it and pushing the switch that closes the gate to the police station. Gate is unbreakable.

Zombies would have to break open a manhole cover on the street and go down through the sewers to go through a maintenance door to get into the police station.

That's all that's done so far. I did the entrance room of the police station only so I have to do the whole building interior next. The idea is that the humans go up floors in the police station until they get to the roof where they take a chopper and escape. I haven't decided on spawn points yet, I kinda started in the middle of the map and am working towards the end of the map, and then I'll go back and go from the middle to the spawn points. I'm planning to make this a night map as I don't think the servers have any decent maps that take place at night... or any night maps at all for that matter. I'm thinking of making the beginning kind of like a harbor where the spawn points for terrorists are inside crates on a large ship and the CTs are in some watch tower nearby... not quite sure yet.

I'll put up work in progress screens when I decide to build the map again. I did a build earlier today and all of my doors open on the wrong side, and the flag is missing for some reason. All of my props kind of fall over too, forgot to make them unmovable. :tongue_smilie:

Italian Jew
1 May 2008, 09:22pm
Yo

Itch
1 May 2008, 09:57pm
Welcome to the forums!

Bill Smauz
1 May 2008, 10:35pm
Hello, hope to see you in game!