PDA

View Full Version : New DarkRP Server, in the Dark?

Forester155
5 Jun 2011, 06:14am
So yeah, short and to the point:

im sure im not the only one who wants to know, what happened to the new dedi which was going to host DarkRP 4 us? :confused1:

Jazzyy
5 Jun 2011, 09:45am
weren't all the servers recently moved to a new dedicated servers? so that means it might just now being worked on?

Octa
5 Jun 2011, 09:47am
Oh god I hate darkRP. Please dont.

Elfbarf
5 Jun 2011, 11:01am
Last I checked DarkRP wasn't coming back.

Bad Dog
5 Jun 2011, 11:04am
Oh god I hate darkRP. Please dont.

Scoreboard, bitches.

DarkRP won the poll we had a while ago with over 50% of the votes.

struki
7 Jun 2011, 01:11pm
Scoreboard, bitches.

DarkRP won the poll we had a while ago with over 50% of the votes.

Yea,high five!

Paralyzed
7 Jun 2011, 01:28pm
I've just bought PERP 3.0 Whenever Spartan is interested I'd like him to contact me and I'll give him PERP 3.0 for free.

Jazzyy
7 Jun 2011, 08:45pm
fuck perp, darkrp is funnier.

ConnorC
8 Jun 2011, 03:43am
- Dark RP ... a thorn in my side and the gmod community. Notoriously known for kids, qq and lag. If you guys want it...

Won't bring it back. D:.

bamfers
12 Jun 2011, 11:18am
Won't bring it back. D:.

I'll deal with the kids.

Josh1
12 Jun 2011, 01:36pm
you are a kid D:

Nasu
12 Jun 2011, 01:43pm
you are a kid D:

you are an admin D:<

Methelod
12 Jun 2011, 02:37pm
I still believe it could work, we could make it so that you have to be accepted for admin for that server alone, now I add this suggestion because of the fact that the admin's who don't normally play on the server probably wouldn't understand whats going on so if someone decided to grief it might not appear that way to said admin or the possiblity of being framed, so that way only people that know the darkRP server rules would be allowed to admin on it, but correlating to this would be the need to have clear and concise rules about what can and can't be done. I believe half the problem with kids is the fact that darkRP is easy to grief, and most servers consist of this. And spartan's problem could possibly be with how annoying it is to make the rules for it, find the mods that everyone wants etc. Now I may be wrong which is most likely the case but I still believe it could work but the problem is we'd have to stick to it even if the server population dies for a while because that's what's most likely going to happen whilst we get the balance of things but it could attract regulars to the server and keep its own population flowing, with it possibly even being self governing where the players will usually find a way to deal with griefers.

Epsilon
12 Jun 2011, 02:51pm
So yeah, short and to the point:

im sure im not the only one who wants to know, what happened to the new dedi which was going to host DarkRP 4 us? :confused1:

Whats DarkRP? Is it any good?

Metal
12 Jun 2011, 03:55pm
Lets do it again but find a way to make it easier tp set up manage

Spartan
12 Jun 2011, 03:55pm
DarkRP's fucked from the gmod update. =D

Josh1
12 Jun 2011, 04:50pm
You seem pretty happy about that spartan :O

Tweezy
13 Jun 2011, 02:20am
I still believe it could work, we\\\'d just need to either make it like the MC server where (correct me if I\\\'m wrong) you have to be accepted for admin for that server alone, so that way only people that know the darkRP server rules would be allowed to admin on it, but correlating to this would be the need to have clear and concise rules about what can and can\\\'t be done. I believe half the problem with kids is the fact that darkRP is easy to grief, and most servers consist of this. And spartan\\\'s problem could possibly be with how annoying it is to make the rules for it, find the mods that everyone wants etc. Now I may be wrong which is most likely the case but I still believe it could work but the problem is we\\\'d have to stick to it even if the server population dies for a while because that\\\'s what\\\'s most likely going to happen whilst we get the balance of things but it could attract regulars to the server and keep its own population flowing, with it possibly even being self governing where the players will usually find a way to deal with griefers.

First of all, all SA\\\'s have some admin abilities on MC, I think the rank is OP (Been a while since I was part of the MC Team, so can\\\'t really remember)

Second, I think all admins should get admin on RP, just as we do on the TTT server. Suppose now we just wait until the server is created...
Also if the admins don\'t know how to play RP, why would they start now?

Methelod
13 Jun 2011, 02:31am
Thank you for correcting that I edited my post to account for that fact and if they don't know how to RP then they could be trained because one of the problems I saw was half the admins on there didn't know what was going on. And they always fix darkRP to become up to date, eventually.

Repus
13 Jun 2011, 02:59am
The server was horrible, there was just paul driving around in car on the small map and rest of people were shooting in/out of criminal base.

Some other server I once went had gay pride parade.

(von dutch) delta force 8
13 Jun 2011, 03:57pm
The server was horrible, there was just paul driving around in car on the small map and rest of people were shooting in/out of criminal base.

Some other server I once went had gay pride parade.

Theres a lot of servers out there with a good working and fun RP. Takes time though. Spartan just apoint someone else to maintain DarkRP lol ;)

Methelod
13 Jun 2011, 04:52pm
DarkRP, well RP in general, requires patience, patience and trial and error to find out what you need to get the sort of community you want for a server. Some servers may be strict RP whereas others may be more relaxed and you can do whatever you want with minimal consequences. And as delta said, Spartan could always find someone that wants to handle the server.

Spartan
14 Jun 2011, 06:40pm
I'll be honest with you guys. The hope of getting any type of RP server was based on the 2nd dedi. Now, since Amit isn't paying for the 2nd dedi, the likelihood of the 2nd dedi staying up is very little. The first dedi will probably acquire deathrun and the scrim server as a result. However I don't want the current servers lagging any more, and well.. darkrp is probably the worst server to do that for. Not to mention the gmod update makes you able to pick up props. Just lol's for darkrp.

Forester155
14 Jun 2011, 07:08pm
Good example of dark RP- noobonic plague.

google em, i never spell plague right.

they are great, we should not MIMIC their server, but make it silmilar. no NLR, ghosts with long respawn time after killing, shorter if you havnt killed, even shorter yet from vehicle deaths. stun guns.

but yeah, i like our setup where money is hard to earn. NO MINING PLEAAASEEE

i like that we have shops, and to get stuff criminals raid the shops, and shopowners must protect their shops. suchforth. it iuz fun.

also i like that our server has a touch of build in it, that we would make flying cars, i LOVED dat.

Epsilon
14 Jun 2011, 08:29pm
Good example of dark RP- noobonic plague.

google em, i never spell plague right.

they are great, we should not MIMIC their server, but make it silmilar. no NLR, ghosts with long respawn time after killing, shorter if you havnt killed, even shorter yet from vehicle deaths. stun guns.

but yeah, i like our setup where money is hard to earn. NO MINING PLEAAASEEE

i like that we have shops, and to get stuff criminals raid the shops, and shopowners must protect their shops. suchforth. it iuz fun.

also i like that our server has a touch of build in it, that we would make flying cars, i LOVED dat.

RP sounds kind of fun but according to what spartan said it never gonna happen

Harpr33t
16 Jun 2011, 09:26pm
If Darkrp ever gets fixed I'm begging the admins to be fair and unbiased in DR, otherwise it'll die.

Methelod
16 Jun 2011, 10:06pm
How are the admins in DR related to the ones in RP? And from the sounds of it spartan just hates RP even though an AO (I believe they manage the servers) could take it over instead of spartan.

Epsilon
16 Jun 2011, 10:36pm
How are the admins in DR related to the ones in RP? And from the sounds of it spartan just hates RP even though an AO (I believe they manage the servers) could take it over instead of spartan.

im sure this was suggested but i like the sound of doing the whitelist idea for RP like the have on Minecraft
It would help to weed out unnecessary people who would ruin it while letting in people of our community or earning $20

Jazzyy
18 Jun 2011, 08:33am
im sure this was suggested but i like the sound of doing the whitelist idea for RP like the have on Minecraft
It would help to weed out unnecessary people who would ruin it while letting in people of our community or earning $20

server would die and it would just turn into a circle jerk of mems and plus playing. the only reason darkrp is EVER fun is trolling pubbers and ruining their e-game lives

Epsilon
18 Jun 2011, 08:44am
server would die and it would just turn into a circle jerk of mems and plus playing. the only reason darkrp is EVER fun is trolling pubbers and ruining their e-game lives

well like i said i have never played rp so i wouldnt have known

Forester155
27 Jun 2011, 08:03am
DarkRP is now working, however i know we do not have the dedi.

i know a bit about dark rp, and ill see what strings i can pull to get some help for us if we decide to do it. i am willing to help spartan, even do it myself if he wants me to, set up a dark RP server. i REALLY enjoy dark rp, and the style of RP i have been playing with in noobonic is one im just getting sick of.

there was one thing SG offered that no other dark RP EVER offered, SHOPS! i really enjoyed that people would set up shops, and build new things, it was much more fun than noobonic, in which the only way to make good money is to mine. NO MINING PLS. i also enjoyed downtown, and would be able to re-map it to make it larger, and have more cool stuff. (mabye turn the subway station into a working train, and the map has 2 parts, downtown-uptown? just theoretical.) I REALLY want to see a Dark rp server, and i know that its a pain in the ass, but like i saw others say, specific admins for dark RP could work. ones who know the rules, and how to deal with the whiners like me(el oh el).

APenguin
27 Jun 2011, 10:53am
Forrester, nobody is going to let you set up a server.

Harpr33t
27 Jun 2011, 11:29am
DarkRP is now working, however i know we do not have the dedi.

i know a bit about dark rp, and ill see what strings i can pull to get some help for us if we decide to do it.

Yea ok.

Paralyzed
27 Jun 2011, 11:54am
You don't have to help set up a DARKRP server Forester. Spartan knows how to set up a DARKRP server, and if he wants to he will, and if he doesn't want to he won't. Simple.

Forester155
3 Jul 2011, 11:15pm
i ment help in all aspects. like getting a server, geting good mods for DarkRP, helping moderate, etc....

I can see that SG is a big boy now though...and wants to stand on its own two feet.

cool by me, i probably couldnt have offered that much help anyway.

So...Whenever you want (WANT) to spartan. :D

Afamad 2.1
3 Jul 2011, 11:32pm
I can see that SG is a big boy now though...and wants to stand on its own two feet.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little giggly due to a lack of sleep, but I'm laughing so hard right now. No offense, but aren't you like, 6?

La te ra lus
4 Jul 2011, 10:21am
Darkrp= Troll paradise

Forester155
4 Jul 2011, 10:22am
Your maturity levels stand in question, simply for making that post Afmad.

but haha, funny funny. No, im not 6. i think you just are...tired? I hope...

Elfbarf
4 Jul 2011, 11:11am
Your maturity levels stand in question, simply for making that post Afmad.

but haha, funny funny. No, im not 6. i think you just are...tired? I hope...

I can't say you're much better than Afamad based on your outbursts when I claimed the "free shop" on Minecraft.

Afamad 2.1
4 Jul 2011, 01:25pm
I can't say you're much better than Afamad based on your outbursts when I claimed the "free shop" on Minecraft.

Bullshit, I'm the most mature person I know.

ExRev
4 Jul 2011, 01:27pm
Let's get a Suicide Barrel server instead. Much more fun.

APenguin
15 Jul 2011, 12:11am
Bullshit, I'm the most mature person I know.

Dude.. Leave your room. Other people actually do exist

therake6
6 Aug 2011, 09:59am
DarkRp needs to live on

Epsilon
6 Aug 2011, 01:05pm
necro posting is bad

mmkay?

Tweezy
6 Aug 2011, 01:32pm
stop with the fucking bumping... ffs!!