PDA

View Full Version : Gun Registry

Zealot
3 Jun 2011, 05:24pm
Has anyone noticed lately that shots seem to not do any damage, specifically the deagle?

You can aim at a guys head while they are standing still (or moving) and do 0 damage. I've seen it happen multiple times from spec and from personal experience.

Also knives seem to takes a couple of stabs for some people to register as well. Xoul knifed Joo twice and it only counted as a hit the third time yesterday.

Phonicz
3 Jun 2011, 05:27pm
Yea I used to be able to one deag you coming back from afk now I can't, fix plz.

Moo Moo Viking
3 Jun 2011, 05:36pm
Yea same here

Spartan
3 Jun 2011, 05:54pm
What is there to be fixed? Seriously. You know what happened? Gmod updates. Engine updates. The fact Gmod is not even supposed to be a shooting game. All the weapons on TTT are custom coded lua files, designed to work with gmod, but it's not hl2 stuff. It's a mod within a mod. (and technically another) There's nothing that can be fixed. Mess around with your rates. Change your cl_interp. Get more fps. There's nothign else that can be done.

Nasu
4 Jun 2011, 02:04am
Is this new? No. You just have to live with it and make sure everyone on the server knows that you died because your shot didn't register

ConnorC
4 Jun 2011, 03:48am
No point complaining, it may be annoying when you're shots don't hit - But that also means shots that should've killed you don't, it kind of evens it out even though it can get very frustrating -_O.

Bad Dog
4 Jun 2011, 09:20am
Ya, this isnt new. I couldnt use a shotgun to save my life (literally), yet others can wield it like Thors fucking hammer. Knifes sometimes fuck up, but thats usually a reaaaaally isolated incident. And deagles are just like that, though recently I've heard more people complaining about their juan deags not instant killing, but then again I got one deaged at least 5 times yesterday.

Jazzyy
4 Jun 2011, 09:26am
whats the tic rate on ttt. 66 or 100?

Zealot
8 Jun 2011, 02:28pm
What is there to be fixed? Seriously. You know what happened? Gmod updates. Engine updates. The fact Gmod is not even supposed to be a shooting game. All the weapons on TTT are custom coded lua files, designed to work with gmod, but it's not hl2 stuff. It's a mod within a mod. (and technically another) There's nothing that can be fixed. Mess around with your rates. Change your cl_interp. Get more fps. There's nothign else that can be done.

I didn't say anything needs to be fixed? Why are you so fucking butthurt? Did you even read the post? Seems like you didn't. I was only asking if anyone is getting the same results that I'm getting. Rates wouldn't effect anything cause this isn't a shooter amirite? FPS, lol has nothing to do with registry.

Forget it.

Ya, this isnt new. I couldnt use a shotgun to save my life (literally), yet others can wield it like Thors fucking hammer. Knifes sometimes fuck up, but thats usually a reaaaaally isolated incident. And deagles are just like that, though recently I've heard more people complaining about their juan deags not instant killing, but then again I got one deaged at least 5 times yesterday.

Actually Ive had a lot of sucess with the shotgun recently.

Nova100222
8 Jun 2011, 02:32pm
its been really bothering since when im a foot awway and aiming at people heads with shotgun it dose nothing and thats most of the time the rare occasion is that the damage is registered and it really pisses me off because it normally results in me being killed and my tater round ruined.

Jazzyy
8 Jun 2011, 08:19pm
it's really been on-off for me, but i've noticed it's a tad bit better with the new dedi. i got 3 deagles hs in a row so it's definitely improving

Epsilon
8 Jun 2011, 08:56pm
It's a mod within a mod.

A mod within a mod.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3658/modception.jpg
(i couldn't help myself :( )

Oasis
9 Jun 2011, 05:35am
A mod within a mod.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3658/modception.jpg
(i couldn't help myself :( )

lol'd

Serenity
9 Jun 2011, 04:48pm
I was thinking this would be about a system that adds numbers to guns and that the numbers are registered to a user. A traitor would have to file off the number if they wanted to drop the gun somewhere, but filing takes time and you can get caught while doing it.

Needless to say, I was disappointed in this thread.

Vader
10 Jun 2011, 12:56am
I remember when I shot an Afker in the head with a deagle about 10 times and didn't do shit. I can't one deag with this registry anymore, but meh, updates always fuck up games like it did with CSS and all the mods.

Saxe
10 Jun 2011, 12:47pm
sounds good