PDA

View Full Version : Lucid's Operating System Errors

Lucid
1 Jun 2011, 07:35pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Operating System Errors What is your Operating System (OS)
Linux (please specify the build and type in the extra info box) If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
Ubuntu 10.04 Live Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
- Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Acer(Laptop) What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Aspire 5251-1513 Please state your problem here
Today I tried to install UNetbootin on a portable USB Cruzer (8gb). Now whenever I boot up my PC, I can get to the UNetbootin screen similar to this.

http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sshot134.png

Minus the Help and oem options, I only have the option 'Default'.

I am running Ubuntu in Dual Boot with Windows 7 and I would just like to be able to run my computer normally again, at this point, I don't really care about UNetbootin, because as of now, I cannot even access Windows 7 or Ubuntu regardless, all I can do is access my USB UNetbootin and the F2 BIOS menu.

How can I get my computer back to running normal and get rid of this UNetbootin setup?

Lucid
1 Jun 2011, 08:10pm
Never mind, I installed a built in Ubuntu trial and then ended up sacrificing a small portion of my HD to install Ubuntu, then I was able to boot correctly, load the Windows 7 loader, and then choose between Windows 7 or Ubuntu.

Fixed.