PDA

View Full Version : Button History

Wall-Nut
30 May 2011, 06:14pm
Lots of people choose to press buttons that are meant to slow down zombies in ZE, but people always seem to interact with something that ends up getting a bunch of humans killed. If you play islandescape or thelostworld, people will close doors or blow up bridges on humans. My solution would be to have something that can track which player activates each trap/door/bomb/etc. This way, people will know who was the one who got half the the team killed or got some people killed.
Not everyone has to have access to the button tracker. It could only be accessed by admins, I don't care. As long as there is something that tracks who activated each trap/door/bomb/etc.

Last words: SG is win.

Kaemon
7 Jun 2011, 08:24am
If the person making the map wanted to include some kind of tracker, it would be as easy as changing the colour of the !activator (who pressed the button) for some seconds.

As far as admins... Not an Admin myself; but I was told by some of them that they can infact check who pressed buttons... Dunno how accurate it is, or what kind of information they get; but in a map like Lost World Redux (blowing the bridge), where there are no other buttons in a while; I think they can easily track it. (I might be wrong here, but I was told this when chatting with some Admins during Mako Reactor; they could check who griefed Ultima in older (not-igniting) versions).

On a side note... I allways go as far away (and looking the opposite direction) of the button as posible; to make it clear it wasn't me. When most of the people do this, it's easy to spot who pressed the button.
Other times... Like "holding" the vehicle in Jurasick Park (not going near it), it's not really the people to blame... They can't know that a vehicle starts X seconds after getting X distance near it... And it shouldn't. XD

Wicked Pissah
7 Jun 2011, 08:28am
Yeah like in Mako, the person who presses "e" on people with materia ends up getting burned. I like this idea. Support.

hV
7 Jun 2011, 10:33am
Kinda pointless... if it happens often admins will find the offender and punish them, don't understand why we need something to interfere with a main part of the ZE gameplay experience anyway.