PDA

View Full Version : New items

Metal
30 May 2011, 05:38am
I think its time to spice up TTT with new guns and D/T weps.
I can imagine Bamf with a jihad bomb and going um guys..Boom =p

I just think its about time.

Paralyzed
30 May 2011, 05:45am
There currently is a tranquilizer weapon in work in progress, as I requested it and someone is coding it for me. This basically is like a scout/dart, once you hit someone with it that person falls asleep and you as T can carry his body around and perhaps throw him somewhere where he dies.

Uh, about the Jihad. It might be a fun idea yes, however it could get overpowered really fast. Therefore my suggestion then is, make the jihad bomb limited and that only ONE Traitor can carry it, however it costs 2/3 credits. And for the rest, I wouldn't know what to add more. Aslong there won't be added any more standard weapons.

Harry
30 May 2011, 05:49am
No. TTT is fine. No touchy.

Paching
30 May 2011, 08:25am
I do think that detectives need more upgrades, even if it something as simple as like DNA Scanner upgrades like "Charges 20-30% faster" etc.

bamfers
30 May 2011, 09:08am
I can imagine Harpreet with a jihad bomb and going um guys..Boom =p

Fixed.

Elfbarf
30 May 2011, 11:01am
I do think that detectives need more upgrades, even if it something as simple as like DNA Scanner upgrades like "Charges 20-30% faster" etc.

I agree, I think T's are fine but as a detective I'm always running around with tons of credits and have nothing to spend them on.

Bad Dog
30 May 2011, 11:47am
No. The Ts really are fine. I could see the dart gun being very, very useless, and the Jihad bomb has been and is still just a gag weapon.

If ANYTHING, maybe something new for the detectives. Though it would have to be small, no rape gun, no taser. Maybe make body armor something they actually have to buy?

Barber
30 May 2011, 11:55am
I had an idea a coupla days ago, not sure if its do-able. Something like the T having a passive ability wich is to choke the innos to death, restricting them to use their mics and taking 10 sec to kill them

leeroyjenkinsboy
30 May 2011, 12:44pm
Give detectives the golden gun >.> its a portable traitor tester, one bullet. If it hits a t it kills them, if it hits an inno it doesn't hurt them. You can only buy one and its 2-3 credits. Problem solved.

Nasu
30 May 2011, 01:05pm
Give detectives the golden gun >.> its a portable traitor tester, one bullet. If it hits a t it kills them, if it hits an inno it doesn't hurt them. You can only buy one and its 2-3 credits. Problem solved.

naah

Nova100222
30 May 2011, 09:52pm
There currently is a tranquilizer weapon in work in progress, as I requested it and someone is coding it for me. This basically is like a scout/dart, once you hit someone with it that person falls asleep and you as T can carry his body around and perhaps throw him somewhere where he dies.

Uh, about the Jihad. It might be a fun idea yes, however it could get overpowered really fast. Therefore my suggestion then is, make the jihad bomb limited and that only ONE Traitor can carry it, however it costs 2/3 credits. And for the rest, I wouldn't know what to add more. Aslong there won't be added any more standard weapons.

I requested a very similar idea a long time ago and everyones like it wont work and no one wants it or its overpowerd

duhoh
31 May 2011, 02:10am
bad ideas.

leave it the way it is. the only modifications needed are some maps needing to be re-armed. that's all.

Epsilon
31 May 2011, 07:54am
I can imagine Bamf with a jihad bomb and going um guys..Boom =p

if they do get a jihad bomb I might start playing gmod again

Elfbarf
31 May 2011, 10:23am
if they do get a jihad bomb I might start playing gmod again

No.

Epsilon
31 May 2011, 10:29am
No.

you dont want me playing TTT? :(

Elfbarf
31 May 2011, 11:56am
bad ideas.

leave it the way it is. the only modifications needed are some maps needing to be re-armed. that's all.

Any maps in particular you think need to be rearmed?

edit: Just rearmed enclave, it only had 10 primaries and 12 secondaries, now it has plenty.

you dont want me playing TTT? :(

No, I meant that its been said countless times that we'll never get jihad.

Josh1
31 May 2011, 01:36pm
jihad would add some fun to TTT tbh its just basically a stronger incindiery which you hold in your hand till it blows...

APenguin
31 May 2011, 08:42pm
We should add pylons the detectives can place, you need 4 on a map, to be spread out, they have to buy more than one per detective, and when they are activated all at the same time bitches fall from the sky that we all fuck and noone wants to kill anymore.

Tl;dr TTT is fine no moar shit

Epsilon
1 Jun 2011, 08:12am
We should add pylons the detectives can place, you need 4 on a map, to be spread out, they have to buy more than one per detective, and when they are activated all at the same time bitches fall from the sky that we all fuck and noone wants to kill anymore.

Tl;dr TTT is fine no moar shit

AGREED

Vader
3 Jun 2011, 12:41am
I think TTT is fine with items currently, but I do think it would be nice to have some more brand new maps and some new weapons for everyone to use.

Zealot
3 Jun 2011, 05:18pm
Fuck items, get weapons.

AK-47, M3, mp5, and Galil please. Also some new maps/remove old ones off rotation.

Elfbarf
3 Jun 2011, 06:07pm
Custom weapons are hard to balance, I really don't see what's wrong with the default selection. There's a weapon for pretty much all situations, the only thing we could really do is offer more powerful versions (which would be a bad thing, obviously).

Not to mention we'd have to rearm every single map we have to include those weapons.

As far as our map list, there are definitely a few maps that are hardly played (some of which I've rearmed which has helped in some cases) though I haven't seen too many maps worth adding. There's a different Minecraft map I've been looking into though it isn't finished and the map creator seems to be adding way too much shit to it (lots of traps, somewhere to dispose of bodies, teleporters, etc).

Bad Dog
4 Jun 2011, 10:03am
Fuck items, get weapons.

AK-47, M3, mp5, and Galil please. Also some new maps/remove old ones off rotation.

No way jose-bot.

The maps we have now are fine, people just need to see we have better maps than roy ship and borders. There really arent a lot of good TTT maps we dont have.

Elfbarf
4 Jun 2011, 10:59am
No way jose-bot.

The maps we have now are fine, people just need to see we have better maps than roy ship and borders. There really arent a lot of good TTT maps we dont have.

Yeah, people need to stop voting for the same maps every single time. It's always Roy, Borders, Westwood, or Christmastown (especially Christmastown as of lately). I'm always looking out for new maps to add but I haven't found any lately, going to rearm some non-TTT maps and give them a try.

Bad Dog
4 Jun 2011, 11:33am
Yeah, people need to stop voting for the same maps every single time. It's always Roy, Borders, Westwood, or Christmastown (especially Christmastown as of lately). I'm always looking out for new maps to add but I haven't found any lately, going to rearm some non-TTT maps and give them a try.

I would be up for removing SOME maps. Obviously not the popular ones, because their only fault it seems is they are so good they get overplayed. But do we really need two western maps, one of which (Westwood) is far superior. And perhaps there is a way we can make it so a map just played cannot be renominated for another few map cycles. I think we might have something similar in place, but maybe tweak it a little?

Serenity
4 Jun 2011, 01:42pm
I could see myself buying Jihad and hunting down Paching for the entire round...

Anyway, I think new weapons for everyone would be nice.

*Cough* MP5 *Cough*

leeroyjenkinsboy
4 Jun 2011, 02:45pm
*Cough* Better sniper weapons/items *Cough* (I would love a "stabilizer" item for traitors removing all the movement of the scout)

Nova100222
4 Jun 2011, 09:06pm
*Cough* Better sniper weapons/items *Cough* (I would love a "stabilizer" item for traitors removing all the movement of the scout)

gmod scuot dosnt move around like cod it already is stable when you use it

ConnorC
5 Jun 2011, 12:21pm
It would be cool if the Traitors/Detectives could buy upgrades for weapons, for example you could have less recoil for the M249, an adjustable scope for the scout, 5-10 more bullets for the mac 10 etc.

I don't think new weapons/items should be added unless there made well and tested quite a bit, Jihad in my opinion should never come on to the server - If it was powerful enough to kill even in a very close range then it's basically a 2nd knife with more power, and if it's weak and doesn't kill then it's underpowered, theres really no middle that could make it good - Other suggestions have been 'Creative' but impractical and don't seem as if they would work - And if they did whether or not they'd fit in with the gameplay.

Bad Dog
5 Jun 2011, 12:24pm
It would be cool if the Traitors/Detectives could buy upgrades for weapons, for example you could have less recoil for the M249, an adjustable scope for the scout, 5-10 more bullets for the mac 10 etc.

I don't think new weapons/items should be added unless there made well and tested quite a bit, Jihad in my opinion should never come on to the server - If it was powerful enough to kill even in a very close range then it's basically a 2nd knife with more power, and if it's weak and doesn't kill then it's underpowered, theres really no middle that could make it good - Other suggestions have been 'Creative' but impractical and don't seem as if they would work - And if they did whether or not they'd fit in with the gameplay.

I'm not supporting the Jihad bomb, I don't want it either, but how could it ever be a second knife? The knife is a one time use silent kill, and the Jihad bomb is a one time loud ass kill yourself weapon. Most people would use the knife right away, but I doubt people will spend their first credit on a J bomb and blow one guy up at the start of the round.

SgtJoo
5 Jun 2011, 11:45pm
If it ain't broke don't fix it...

ConnorC
6 Jun 2011, 08:58am
but how could it ever be a second knife?

Just if it was powerful enough to kill then it's just another 1 hit kill weapon - The knife gets annoying, if someone could just run at a person/group with a Jihad, and kill then it's in a sense worse.

I'm pretty sure there would be more Rdming then there already is if Jihad was implemented - People would claim areas more often, or just claim personal space - Stating that if anyone came near them they would kill them incase they had a Jihad.

leeroyjenkinsboy
6 Jun 2011, 10:47am
The jihad bomb I have used before was not one where you did it yourself. You put a bomb on a target and then walked away but can see that person in a black and white camera, you can then remotely detonate killing the person you put bomb on instantly and DAMAGING others not killing. End of story. Any suggestions, comments, questions, and death threats?

Elfbarf
6 Jun 2011, 11:57am
The jihad bomb I have used before was not one where you did it yourself. You put a bomb on a target and then walked away but can see that person in a black and white camera, you can then remotely detonate killing the person you put bomb on instantly and DAMAGING others not killing. End of story. Any suggestions, comments, questions, and death threats?

That doesn't sound like a jihad bomb at all, jihad is where it makes a bunch of noise before blowing you (and everyone nearby) up a few seconds later.

Paralyzed
6 Jun 2011, 12:00pm
Yes leeroy, it sounds more like a c4!

Golden Shower
6 Jun 2011, 12:22pm
Though, the C4 would be a nice idea.

But, I think there should be more detective items, because, yes, there are a lot, but not a lot worth buying. Detective ends up with like, max credits before the end of the round wondering what they could get, but ending up disappointed because of nothing to buy.

This excludes, of course, body armor, radar, the ump, and I'm wanting to say there is something else, but I don't recall what it is.

Elfbarf
10 Jun 2011, 01:05pm
The only "new" weapon I can think of that we should get is a modded M16, its pretty damn bad as is (far too inaccurate/too much recoil). Either reduce the recoil a bit or make it a bit more accurate, it isn't very good at any range in its current state. Just need to be careful with it, there are a lot of servers with extremely overpowered M4s.

Jazzyy
10 Jun 2011, 06:49pm
here's the thing. there's 3 types of ttt

vanilla

vanilla with 1 hit knife

custom.

we have custom and that's a problem. why? because 1) we have no good custom items. the only thing we have is the pain station, which isn't bad, but it's not enough to differentiate ourselves from different servers (ie conjoint gaming who use a lot of custom shit.)

now if we remove custom weapons, this reduces our tag to vanilla with one hit knife (bad king (creator of ttt) added in tags, if you have custom shit, modded vanilla weapons, then your server is put as completely custom. people tend to filter this shit out because generally it's fucking awful.). if we go back to vanilla with one hit knife, we might get a FEW more players who are looking for vanilla experience, and remember we have a pretty damn good admining going on and that's why some players tend to come back. SG is way better than a lot of fucking shitty rdm-fest servers.

or we can add a lot of custom weapons, which is what Zealot recommended. I have no problem with it and elfbarf's unbalance claims are nothing, the weapons are EASILY edited with .lua files that even a monkey can use/edit. editing vanilla weapon configs is incredibly easy to do, but it puts us in the custom list.

so really it's down to 3 things

go all out on custom content (pretty easy to do, i could mix some stuff up and there's a lot of pre-done stuff as well on gmod's dl site)
remove any custom content we have to retain vanilla status to gain more players (very few really filter out though)
or leave it as-is

what i can assure spartan/anyone working on TTT at this time is that custom guns like galil, ak, etc are NOT going to crash the server most likely. half that shit is pretty much just fucking modded m16's with different stats (and scouts with modded stats, etc).
we also could use our own custom content (conjoint gaming has katanas, which is totally badass to have sword fights with. (they only do like 10 damage, and only use your secondary slot)

i've passed this idea to huwa a while back but i don't think anything was ever thought on it
and basically:
Customizable Weaponry 1.14 Download! (http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121865)
is something i wanted to do where you can add scopes to weapons (the mod creator hasn't made a M16 version and prolly wont), anyways it's jsut reflex/acog/red dot sights and shit on the vanilla weapons that we could integrate into the SG store. i'd imagine this is a tad bit harder than doing those cs:s custom weapons but doing this for the SG store would net us a LOT more donations and hopefully keep a little bit of balance.
also although the weapons in the pack have different stats, i can tailor them to be like vanilla ttt items (but remember it will stay maintain custom tags)

ps: i dunno if it's possible to instantly give donors the modded weapons but we could add like a sm menu that could do that. ive also passed around the idea of just having detectives getting scopes/etc

Jazzyy
10 Jun 2011, 06:53pm
oh yeah idc if this a double post but to seperate from that wall of text:

more cs:s weapons is rather easy to do tbh and something i don't think anyone should mind, there would be a lot of balancing we would need to do but a month after integration onto the server most of the unbalancing should be ironed out if we maintain constructive feedback on the weapons.

there's mountains of custom models/textures we can use like the katana (as i said before) and i definitely wouldn't mind lua scripting any of these if given enough time. and don't get me wrong, it's easy as fuck to do and i tihnk a monkey could personally do it, so it won't be a hassle at all if ANYONE wants to contribute in on this project if spartan is willing to okay it.

cue spartan denial

Elfbarf
10 Jun 2011, 07:16pm
Keep in mind that adding any new weapon would require every single map on the server to be rearmed.

Jazzyy
10 Jun 2011, 08:09pm
if the custom weapons were allowed i'd suggest a map purge and then a rearment of every map. we have 3-4 people who know how to rearm maps. it's not going to take long

Bad Dog
11 Jun 2011, 12:22am
To be honest I'd be down with just returning to vanilla with 1 hit knife. Not that the painstation is bad, but its rarely used/doesnt add much to gameplay, as most spot it easily. As for adding in more custom weapons/items, hell naw.

Golden Shower
11 Jun 2011, 01:53pm
I also had another idea earlier today.

Silenced Scout and TMP, traitor weapons

Because we all know how annoying it is when you are trying to snipe and you can't seem to hit someone.

TMP, all you have to do is give it the same qualities as a MAC10, and make it silent.

Elfbarf
11 Jun 2011, 02:17pm
I also had another idea earlier today.

Silenced Scout and TMP, traitor weapons

Because we all know how annoying it is when you are trying to snipe and you can't seem to hit someone.

TMP, all you have to do is give it the same qualities as a MAC10, and make it silent.

Silenced scout makes it waaaaaaaaaaay too easy for traitors, TMP is OK but it should have a smaller clip (15-20 bullets as opposed to 30) to make it balanced.

Golden Shower
11 Jun 2011, 09:01pm
Silenced scout makes it waaaaaaaaaaay too easy for traitors, TMP is OK but it should have a smaller clip (15-20 bullets as opposed to 30) to make it balanced.

Yeah, that is true on the scout part, it's hard enough finding out where someone shot from with a scout as is.

TMP would require a smaller clip, yes.