PDA

View Full Version : Add Voteban and/or Vote kick

DarkJesture
29 May 2011, 01:36pm
Everyone, have you ever played a game on steamgamers and there is someone who is afk or is delaying and there is no admin around? Have you ever had this happen to you and there are no admins online that you know? Well if there was vote ban or vote kick we would'nt have to deal with it. If you agree with me that there should be a voteban/votekick then post a comment HERE!:)

Just to let you all know, 20% of the reason I started this is for me but the rest is because for 1, its annoying when everyone spams votekick or voteban even though it does nothing. 2, because ppl kept complaining and asked me to start this. anyways keep posting why we should/ shouldnt have votekick/voteban!

We also should add Votemute for the mic spammers

Supa
29 May 2011, 01:43pm
No.

BlackEagle
29 May 2011, 01:44pm
This would get abused so bad. That is the main reason why it is not on the server. I think the only way to actually have it on the server is if you get like a 90% vote saying to ban the person. But even then I feel like it would be abused. Admins are usually on and I rarely play when an admin isn't on. If you are having troubles with players either demo them or add admins to your friends list so you can message them if you need them. That is the easiest way. I don't think adding votekick or voteban would be a very good idea seeing as the maturity in the servers is pretty low at times.

DarkJesture
29 May 2011, 01:47pm
This would get abused so bad. That is the main reason why it is not on the server. I think the only way to actually have it on the server is if you get like a 90% vote saying to ban the person. But even then I feel like it would be abused. Admins are usually on and I rarely play when an admin isn't on. If you are having troubles with players either demo them or add admins to your friends list so you can message them if you need them. That is the easiest way. I don't think adding votekick or voteban would be a very good idea seeing as the maturity in the servers is pretty low at times.

you do have a point ther but we should atleast have votekick for afk ppl. voteban as a no i do understand considering the fact that most the people like for example minigames can be very, VERY imature...

Wicked Pissah
29 May 2011, 01:48pm

What he said. TL:DR - No, it will get abused.

BlackEagle
29 May 2011, 01:49pm
Well I know in the Prison Break server if you are AFK for a certain amount of time you will be moved to spectator. As for the other servers I thought it was the same as well but maybe I am mistaken. Votekick I suppose wouldn't be too bad but still the amount of abuse being used on that would be exponentially high.

Jizzy
29 May 2011, 01:58pm
NO!

http://janesloveshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/no-symbol_svg.png

Listen To STEWIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

DarkJesture
29 May 2011, 02:48pm
Ok all you have convinced me that it will be abused... thanks for informing me and voting

themuffinman
29 May 2011, 04:15pm
hmm...people always say that if someone is breaking rules demo/report them. if some one is abusing it then report them
IMO having votekick on SOME of the servers would be a good idea, if it were to be on PB then it would get abused everytime someone gets 'freekilled' or somelittle kid says one word
but on like the minigames server and surf server it wouldnt be a bad idea because it does get very aggravating when one person is afk delaying the round

Lucid
29 May 2011, 04:32pm
Has been suggested in the past, and was shot down each time. Will get abused, we have plenty of admins you can call in.

DarkJesture
29 May 2011, 05:06pm
very nice idea muffinman i now go back to my idea of having atleast votekick on minigames

Bullet Wound
29 May 2011, 05:28pm
I actually doubt it will get abused as bad as you all think, but it will (if very little) get abused and then there's the fact that there's usually always an admin on the servers anyways.

So it's not really needed.

sebak
29 May 2011, 07:06pm
too many admins that just dont give a fuck. there are mic spammers and ppl playing music and few admins in general wont even mute them. sure i go to playerlist and mute them eventually, but not till the end of the round in ze since im trying to actually play.

themuffinman
29 May 2011, 07:40pm
too many admins that just dont give a fuck.

that couldnt be more true

hV
29 May 2011, 09:43pm
too many admins that just dont give a fuck. there are mic spammers and ppl playing music and few admins in general wont even mute them. sure i go to playerlist and mute them eventually, but not till the end of the round in ze since im trying to actually play.

I would play MG more often but I would soon become as infamous as I am on the PB server due to how easily mic spammers can irritate me.

BlackEagle
30 May 2011, 05:30am

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Maybe it's because on play on the prison break server but the only times that they don't take action on that server is if they don't actually see the rule breaking themselves.

DarkJesture
30 May 2011, 09:25am
I wouldn't necessarily say that. Maybe it's because on play on the prison break server but the only times that they don't take action on that server is if they don't actually see the rule breaking themselves.

I agree

Im a Jackass
30 May 2011, 10:00am
THis is like the 100th time some one has thought oh this and its always a no people will always misuse it on people they dont like we dont need it admins are on 75% oh the time and if not just call one from steam