PDA

View Full Version : sebak's Multiple Issues

sebak
28 May 2011, 06:13pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Multiple Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
umm idk Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Kaspersky Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
NO YOU! What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
IDK Please state your problem here
So my computer goes bsod 1-2 times a day. usually only happens when im playing a video game. think it maybe an overheating issue. my cpu is usally at 82C whenever i alt tab and check it while playing a game. so im gonna try to fix the things listed below if it is. just look at the pic and let me know if you know anything.

Possible Problems are most likely bad cable management
use tape to hold my cpu fan (LAWL) <--- lost one nutt so i used this rubber sticker to hold it in.
bad thermal compound placement.- i spread the compound using my heatsink.
Bad OC- i put random vlts, freq, i got like 5% oc and it fucked up my temps, and im not sure if i put it back to normal.

James
28 May 2011, 07:41pm
I recommend you secure that CPU fan, or buy a replacement, beacuse that's probably it right there, if it is loose liek that then you run the risk of a heat build up when the processor starts to work hrad whilst playing games etc. Also, when was the last time you cleaned out your computer? Dust getting caught inside the CPU heatsink, or building up on case/GPU/CPU fans can really bump up temperatures inside a computer if the dreaded dust bunnies start to appear.. I found that out the hard way :/

As for the messing around with voltages and such on the BIOS, no offense but as a general rule you shouldn't mess around with those figures unless you have a good reason to or ABSOLUTELY know what you are doing.. Unless someone else on this forum can help you with this one, I can only suggest you refer to the documentation that came with your motherboard.

sebak
28 May 2011, 09:32pm
last cleaned up the dust i think 1.5 months ago. and it was much worse when i cleaned it today.
anyways i redid the thermal paste, and i found the missing nut when i flipped my case upside down.
and right now im at 26% load with 33C while playing css 34% with 55C

Tweezy
29 May 2011, 05:26am
last cleaned up the dust i think 1.5 months ago. and it was much worse when i cleaned it today.
anyways i redid the thermal paste, and i found the missing nut when i flipped my case upside down.
and right now im at 26% load with 33C while playing css 34% with 55C

Have you had any more BSOD's?

Chaoz`
29 May 2011, 08:35am
could you install this and post your minidump file, that way we can see what is causing this BSOD.

SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/92394-sf-diagnostic-tool-using-troubleshooting.html)

but don't zip it just copy the info and paste it here.

Shadowex3
29 May 2011, 01:29pm
Bad OC is the main culprit for this, overclocking is NOT something you do randomly. You want to use the lowest stable voltage for temperature and chip lifetime reasons and choose values that won't fuck up your RAM's clockspeed either. I wouldn't worry about the heatsink though, a bad mount could give you shitty temps like that (mine did) but your method is fine... and for the record I hold a 120mm fan onto my heatsink with two butchered zipties.

Download and run the latest version of prime95, that'll check see if your OC is stable.

sebak
29 May 2011, 07:08pm
its all good now. thanks

Bethy
30 May 2011, 01:13am
Maybe it had something to do with sitting in your window to play your games. :P

Lucid
30 May 2011, 10:14am
Get a big box fan like me and put it next to your computer for extra cooling. Ghetto but it works(and it's cheap), and everyone can hear your fan over the mic ;p

82C? Holy shit. Also where your fan vents are located, try to remove some dust from those, increases the heat dramatically.

sebak
30 May 2011, 10:45am
Maybe it had something to do with sitting in your window to play your games. :P

lol thats my laptop. i do got a desktop pc you know. i do put my ps3 there though lol.

Get a big box fan like me and put it next to your computer for extra cooling. Ghetto but it works(and it's cheap), and everyone can hear your fan over the mic ;p

82C? Holy shit. Also where your fan vents are located, try to remove some dust from those, increases the heat dramatically.

i got 6 internal fans few of them running at 2500RPM so its already loud.
clean out the dust every month.
temps are fucked again. 44C browsing ff.

gonna do what shadow said.