PDA

View Full Version : Bush Approval Rating

SpikedRocker
30 Apr 2008, 03:09am
Well 'Dubya' has bottomed out. His approval rating is at the lowest point in the history of the poll.http://www.gallup.com/poll/106753/New-Low-Bush-Quarterly-Average-Approval-Rating.aspx. 28% for George W. Bush. Ranks amungst, Nixon and Truman.
This polls was released about the same time as a poll about our economy being in a recession.

Overall, this doesn't surprise me. A Lame Duck president on his way out durring a unpopular war. Gas prices doubling in less than 10 years. Housing problems left and right. Hopefully change is in America's future, a good change.

PotshotPolka
30 Apr 2008, 04:33am
Indeed.
http://uglyrepublicans.com/republicans/United-States/John-McCain/john-mccain-pirate.jpg

Blank
30 Apr 2008, 05:54am
The next four years are not going to be any better. Out of the millions of people in this country that are eligible to run for President, I can not believe these three jokers are the only ones we have to choose from.

LegalSmash
30 Apr 2008, 06:35am
The next four years are not going to be any better. Out of the millions of people in this country that are eligible to run for President, I can not believe these three jokers are the only ones we have to choose from.

Its a three ring circus: Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish/Wayne Brady, the Cunt, and the "Straight Talker" that looks like he needs some Geritol.

As for the principal issue of the thread, I don't see that his low approval rating (28%)is all that reflective of much. Congress' rating as of February 2008 was at (22%). I think that the issue is partially the complete lack of action on the latter's part.

The Dems have control of the house, and have sufficient swing republicans to make the margins necessary to overrun vetos if the Congress REALLY wanted to, but their actions speak much louder than their collective Vag-like rhetoric. They profit from the Pork, their personal finances grow from oil prices skyrocketing, and the higher food prices go, the more the Pelosi family makes from their majority share in Monsanto (I love how she leaves out that her husband essentially owns it).

I dont feel that an average man with poor speaking skills that served as president for 8 years is nearly as clearly at fault for our current situation than the retards in both houses.

Look at Art. I of the Constitution: Who has control of the purse?

The golden rule is: He who has the Gold, makes the rules. The complete lack of action on part of the congress who consistently have only attempted to achieve what have essentially been politically motivated, extravagant ploys by a poorly run, half baked political party makes the American people grow weary of the whole lot of people.

I'd venture this however: maybe its time that the American People realized that half the shit that is going on financially is their own fault: speculating the housing market to death, dragging the equity out of their homes for cheap, rapidly depreciating or soon to be obsolete consumer goods, and a COMPLETE lack of initiative or desire to save money.

These are only some of the issues that these jackass-tic fellow countrymen of mine complain most about, and IMHO, I dont think a single one of them should blame their representatives for what is nothing more than a complete lack of personal discipline.

SpikedRocker
30 Apr 2008, 06:35am
At least we'll be out of the Bush era is all I'm saying. I don't see the Bush twins ever becoming political. I just hope who ever is next does 10x better than Bush did.

Repeat
30 Apr 2008, 07:33am
At least we'll be out of the Bush era is all I'm saying. I don't see the Bush twins ever becoming political. I just hope who ever is next does 10x better than Bush did.

Just like Legal said, the Democrat-controlled congress has a lower approval rating and consistantly has been lower for a while. Hmmm. Seems like both suck.

Name this movie quote for 5 points!

"Now if we can just get Congress to quit being so short sided!"

zero
30 Apr 2008, 08:17am
Great post LegalSmash. I love how Bush is pretty much the scape goat for all these bad policies, or lack of policies, we see in the United States. Yet, people seem to forget that we need congressional approval, which is Democrat controlled right now, in order for these policies to pass. Don't like the war? Isn't the Congress approving this budget that helps fund the war? For the record, I'm not blaming one side or the other -- I don't see a difference between the two. Its either large government left or large government right, for all I care.

SpikedRocker
30 Apr 2008, 08:26am
Isn't the Congress approving this budget that helps fund the war?

But I feel we do need the budget to support the troops already there. Its not fair for us to cut their funding cause we oppose the war or want it to end. If we cut the budget, it would end fast but in a very bad way. Thats why congress is wanting to add a stipulation to pull out to the budget bill. That is what Bush is against any set deadline to pull out.

zero
30 Apr 2008, 09:03am
But I feel we do need the budget to support the troops already there. Its not fair for us to cut their funding cause we oppose the war or want it to end. If we cut the budget, it would end fast but in a very bad way. Thats why congress is wanting to add a stipulation to pull out to the budget bill. That is what Bush is against any set deadline to pull out.

This is true, but thats not the point I'm trying to make. I'm just saying that blaming Bush for everything isn't really fair. We have a system in place that doesn't place all the decision making on one person and most Americans seem to forget that -- we'd be a dictatorship instead of a republic if that were the case.

Red
30 Apr 2008, 09:36am
It's easy to back someone's policy when you know they'll have to take the constant blame for it while you can just sit back and whistle and twiddle your thumbs like you had nothing to do with it.

And this constant ranting about the housing market somehow being Bush's fault is old.

Should we be pissed at Bush for letting people who go to Vegas and lose money when they are on a winning streak at the craps table and instead of taking their earnings they piss it away hoping for another big win??

Same deal here with housing. Some folks got on to a winning streak when housing prices were booming (didn't hear people bitching then when they were making money hand over fist) and didn't know when to take their earnings and pull out. Now it's somehow Bush's fault that these people making as little as 35K a year were buying houses with 300k, 400k, 500k+ hoping the GAMBLE, and yes GAMBLE is exactly what it was, would pay off.

What in the fuck happened to personal responsibility? I didn't realize America was built upon current European policies of high taxes and large handouts, I thought people immigrated here in droves to work hard and make better lives for THEMSELVES. I guess we've turned into a nation of whining government-dependent suckling pigs.

I for one do not give a rats fucking ass about people who were dumb enough to get into the housing market at its crest when every tom dick and harry was getting in to it. Why should I have to bail them out with the money I've been working for and not pissing away? I'm working for MY Retirement, not to bail out John Smith who pissed it away on a housing gamble.

LegalSmash
30 Apr 2008, 12:06pm
I wholly agree here, and FTW: IM DONE WITH EXAMS

Repeat
30 Apr 2008, 12:29pm
I luv me sum Red Tampon.

That sounded weird.

Italian Jew
30 Apr 2008, 01:00pm
Politicians suck nowadays...

Misanthrope
30 Apr 2008, 01:21pm