PDA

View Full Version : Determined2Win's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Determined2Win
21 May 2011, 12:20pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Microsoft Security Essentials Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Local Co. What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
N/A Please state your problem here
Trying to gain access to my DVR-run Security Camera system via Internet Explorer 9 through an IP address. I initially got an error stating Windows blocked the software (Active X) because it's unable to verify the publisher(http://i.imgur.com/aq8aP.jpg). I worked around my IE Internet Security Options in which it allows me to Install or Don't Install(http://i.imgur.com/dOpd6.jpg). However, when I click 'Install' it does not do so and just stays at it's default page.

Any help would be nice.

andre1028
21 May 2011, 06:13pm
solution: use a different browser.

Determined2Win
21 May 2011, 10:08pm
AFAIK IE is the only browser that's compatible for it. If you want to search to see if chrome or FF works w/ this specific function, by all means research it and let me know.

andre1028
22 May 2011, 08:51am
or you can just try it

Sniper
22 May 2011, 11:05pm
Try using IE8 instead of IE9. IE9 is relatively new and may not run what you're trying to install.

Daze
23 May 2011, 02:48am
Have you put the IP in trusted sites in IE?
Have you allowed all active x controls in trusted sites (do you need help on where this is?)

Determined2Win
25 May 2011, 02:19pm
I've done all of that already Dale, I'm going to try IE8 and get back to you.

Determined2Win
6 Jun 2011, 02:35pm
Late update, found a new software that doesn't require ActiveX, Problem solved.