PDA

View Full Version : Haste Mode

Harry
14 May 2011, 07:21pm
Shitty traitors that take 10 minutes. If you play TTT you know what I mean. It's a terrible game if it takes more than 3 minutes, even at a full server. Sometimes it ends up with one traitor vs the entire innocent team because his teammates failed. He will then waste time forever, under the guise of "I am waiting for the innocents to RDM each other". Makes TTT so boring without it! If you're the last traitor or have no chance, just get a huge and mow people down.

Harpr33t
14 May 2011, 07:24pm
Certain maps it'd be perfect but others......

Harry
14 May 2011, 07:26pm
Certain maps it'd be perfect but others......
Any examples? All maps if you take more than haste mode timer (which I think is 4 minutes, which increases every time a traitor makes a kill (BUT innocents can't see the current timer)), then your team sucks and deserves to lose!

Metal
14 May 2011, 07:28pm
He still mad.

I think we could try, but seeing how some T's actually plan their attacks and wait for the innos to kill each other idk.

I wouldn't mind, but wouldn't that make the innos rdm more to end the round faster?
OR is the time still 10:00 on inno side but a count time of 3-4 min for T's?

Harry
14 May 2011, 07:46pm
If it takes you more than 4-5 minutes to plan your attack, you're doing it wrong.

Also, innocents see "X time left", X being the round-begin timer, which is like 4-5 minutes. Traitors see real time left, timer increasing every kill they get. When time (X) runs out for innocents, it says "Overtime", and game finally ends with traitor timer expires.

Matt
14 May 2011, 07:55pm
http://memedump.com/d/7661-1/7165602181322.jpg

Doctordan
14 May 2011, 08:39pm
My personal experience with haste mode is that it rarely runs out of time but it does keep the game moving could we have a vote for maybe a month testing period?

hV
14 May 2011, 09:35pm
Sounds like a really good idea, it's sort of win/win in the sense of time running out. If the Ts ARE killing people but need more time to finish one guy off it's useful and if the Ts AREN'T then it will push them into actually doing something.

Nasu
15 May 2011, 01:12am
I never liked it when we had it and it was changed to normal time when people on the server didn't like it either.

Paralyzed
15 May 2011, 04:46am
The server is populated for a reason, and that's for how the server is right now. However, I do not say we couldn't try Haste mode out. I just don't like to rush my game on picking players to kill on TTT. I'd like to think before I actually kill someone. (Not always, but still LOL)

ConnorC
15 May 2011, 07:13am
Why not just lower the timer to 7-8 minutes?

leeroyjenkinsboy
15 May 2011, 07:17am
I have played haste mode before IMO it's not really that good especially if its a GIANT map and you keep running circles with the innocent, there just isn't enough time for it.

Serenity
15 May 2011, 07:27am
I have played haste mode before IMO it's not really that good especially if its a GIANT map and you keep running circles with the innocent, there just isn't enough time for it.

I could see this as a problem because I forget to buy radar sometimes and then I am just lost the entire round.

Bad Dog
15 May 2011, 10:56am
I could see this as a problem because I forget to buy radar sometimes and then I am just lost the entire round.

Sometimes, having radar doesnt change a thing.

I once spent 2 minutes chasing a radar blip as a traitor on borders. He kept swapping between the tunnels and outside, and would never stand still.

I think we have a good system in place. If the traitor is blatantly not doing anything and just eating up time, then an admin will usually make a general warning about watching the time. If he still just stands around or doesnt at least make an effort in killing someone, he gets beacon'd. Lolz then ensue.

Harry
15 May 2011, 11:29am
If the traitor is blatantly not doing anything and just eating up time, then an admin will usually make a general warning about watching the time. If he still just stands around or doesnt at least make an effort in killing someone, he gets beacon'd. Lolz then ensue.
How would they be done if admins don't know who the traitor is?

Bad Dog
15 May 2011, 12:12pm
How would they be done if admins don't know who the traitor is?

Either the admin was a traitor, or one of the dead traitors can help inform who the remaining traitor is. Its really rare that an entire traitor team is stalling, so theres usually a dead traitor who can inform who it is.. Really the only time I ever see something like this is when all the traitors are dead except one, and he's either too scared to do anything, or he doesnt know how to play the game.

Of course, if you somehow don't know who it is, you really can't do anything. Though, usually a general admin warning of "Zomgz bored do somezin" will help their balls drop long enough for them to mount a fail rampage.

Serenity
18 May 2011, 03:54pm
Either the admin was a traitor, or one of the dead traitors can help inform who the remaining traitor is. Its really rare that an entire traitor team is stalling, so theres usually a dead traitor who can inform who it is.. Really the only time I ever see something like this is when all the traitors are dead except one, and he's either too scared to do anything, or he doesnt know how to play the game.

Of course, if you somehow don't know who it is, you really can't do anything. Though, usually a general admin warning of "Zomgz bored do somezin" will help their balls drop long enough for them to mount a fail rampage.

Fail rampages are fun though.

Nova100222
24 May 2011, 02:10pm
its a good idea in theory and for a short time it might be fun but after a while poeple might get pissed with being pressured so much and so what if you haft to wait 10 minutes go do something else.

DanJK
24 May 2011, 04:15pm
Ive seen various Haste servers, and maybe I was looking at the wrong ones, but they were empty compared to the normal TTT servers. I think the timer should go from 10 minutes to 7, I mean thats still plenty of time to pull of a win for the traitors or innocents, and any time shaved off is good, but making it haste I think would make the server population drop.

So I agree with ConnorC.

Zealot
3 Jun 2011, 05:20pm
Do want.

Anybody with a M249 is a pussy and takes 8 minutes to kill someone.

xoul
5 Jul 2011, 12:40pm
So all of u know haste mode is FUCKIN DUMB....ya u start with 5 mins but every time u kill 1 guy it adds another min....SOOOO if there 2 or 3 good traitors n 2 ot 3 shitty traitors the good 1s can kill maybe 5 or 6 people,(knife an insta kill so that a for sure 2 more mins)....SOOO the round is gonna last longer than 10 mins so stop bitchin about haste mode it not gonna help. the only way to change it is make the round timer shorter.

harro
14 Jul 2011, 01:00am
So all of u know haste mode is FUCKIN DUMB....ya u start with 5 mins but every time u kill 1 guy it adds another min....SOOOO if there 2 or 3 good traitors n 2 ot 3 shitty traitors the good 1s can kill maybe 5 or 6 people,(knife an insta kill so that a for sure 2 more mins)....SOOO the round is gonna last longer than 10 mins so stop bitchin about haste mode it not gonna help. the only way to change it is make the round timer shorter.

That's not the point. If there are good traitors, then no one minds playing/watching in spectate longer. Haste mode is designed to keep the complete morons that are still alive at the end of the round that do absolutely nothing besides spray down as much people as they can in the last 10 seconds of the round. (And they usually only get one or zero kills)