PDA

View Full Version : Labarr15's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Labarr
4 May 2011, 08:04pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Everything is up to date Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG 2011 Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
HP What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
P6150t Please state your problem here
Basically, whenever i stop playing games (such as CSS or SC2) my computer gets REALLY laggy.
->Programs slow to open.
->cursor moves slowly/lags across screen...
->Browser barely operates.

In order to fix it I have to restart my computer.. then it seems to work fine again (until i play a game)... I'm leaning to a memory issue.. But I am not to sure..
i have 4GB memory, ATI RADEON 5770, Intel Core 2 Dou @ 2.93Ghz

What you think i should do?
Thanks!!!
I already defraged/checked for virus.. maybe do a memory ttest?

iNorris
4 May 2011, 08:41pm
Just keep playing computer games.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WXz05fg3CpY/SzpE-Vqkt4I/AAAAAAAAAFU/Fvm-Ntox2gI/s400/forever+copy.jpg

Epsilon
4 May 2011, 09:51pm
Yeah definitely sounds like a memory problem to me but doesn't mean it is
Go ahead and run your mem tests and check to see if that is the problem

Shadowex3
4 May 2011, 10:14pm
Thing is if it was a memory issue you'd think his games would be messed up as well. Memtesting is still a good idea though. The mouse behaving so laggy and everything going wierd AFTER a game means it might also be something with the videocard to me. If you can test that (atitool to check for artifacts would be a good start, maybe rthdribl) itd help.

Labarr
5 May 2011, 06:33am
Ok thanks ill do those tests when i get home from school.

Epsilon
5 May 2011, 07:02am
Thing is if it was a memory issue you'd think his games would be messed up as well. Memtesting is still a good idea though. The mouse behaving so laggy and everything going wierd AFTER a game means it might also be something with the videocard to me. If you can test that (atitool to check for artifacts would be a good start, maybe rthdribl) itd help.

I misread and thought it occurred in-game as well but if it was video card i would think it would mess up the graphics in-game though

Gremby
5 May 2011, 07:59am
I had a similar error just a few weeks ago.

When I was to launch a game or change my primary screen (2+TV) my computer froze for like 1-2min. Not exactly your issue, but mine was fixed by getting older drives for my videocard. I'm not 100% sure if it was the reinstalling of the drives or going for some old drives that made it. I haven't updated them yet.
I got a ATI (amd...) card as well and you could always get some old drives and test it out.

Labarr
5 May 2011, 06:09pm
I ran the memtest and got 0 errors/problems.. as for ATItool, how long should i run that for?

Tweezy
6 May 2011, 12:43am
I had the same issues while playing Arma2 then leaving the game, my whole computer would lagg for around 15 seconds, slow cursor, icons none responsive. I knew what my issue was, CPU a little to hot (Tends to go around 90 0c after some intense gaming...) So i need to buy a new fan.

Download real temp;

Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring (http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/)

Get a reading before gaming (keep it running) reading during gaming, then try your hardest to get another reading when you closed your game.

Shadowex3
6 May 2011, 11:12pm
^^^ Good call tweezy, overheating the cpu or gpu could also be an issue.

I misread and thought it occurred in-game as well but if it was video card i would think it would mess up the graphics in-game though

2d and 3d stuff used to be handled by different parts of the gpu. With modern architecture I don't know if that still holds entirely true but I'm pretty sure it does.