PDA

View Full Version : When server crashes

RaIphawado
3 May 2011, 07:50pm
We all know the server crashes from time to time sometimes 2-3 times in the same hour or regularly. in the minigames server it always brings us back to the same map when the server crashes which is allinone_vixg or something ( you know which map im talking about ) and many people, like myself don't like that because its a boring map, so my suggestion is, either randomly picking a map when the server crashes and goes back up ( if thats possible) or change it to a more fun map , for example , goldeneye. what do you guys think about this?

themuffinman
3 May 2011, 09:06pm
like the idea
but goldeneye...fuck no, that map is over played enough as is

RaIphawado
3 May 2011, 09:21pm
yea server just restarted like 5 times this hour

BlackEagle
3 May 2011, 09:34pm
I don't think a random map is possible but I do like your idea of having a better start-up map. I think that since the maps are in alphabetical order this is probably the first on the list which is what the server usually takes as the start-up map. I may be mistaken though.

Tweezy
6 May 2011, 12:49am
I don't think a random map is possible but I do like your idea of having a better start-up map. I think that since the maps are in alphabetical order this is probably the first on the list which is what the server usually takes as the start-up map. I may be mistaken though.

You set what map starts up in the autoexec config for server within the CP Panel!

Random map start-up, could be quite fun.

Or, when the server crashes it restarts on the same map?

Octa
6 May 2011, 06:14am
All i can say is, having it start on a All in one map isn't a bad idea, because it has different mods within the map. If the server is crashing continually, and you only have time to play one map repeatedly, then having this over a map like Golden eye, where its the same thing over and over, is a good idea. Maybe just switch it to a different one, I know we have a few, seeing as people are tired of this one.