PDA

View Full Version : Vivian556's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

Vivian556
1 May 2011, 10:51am
Tech Support Help Ticket
What general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
!? Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
wat!!!??! D: Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Norton(HAR-HAR) and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
HP What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
x.X!!??! Please state your problem here
My internet was pretty fine(With the every-45-second-lag-spike).. But today.. I went on and it was really slow.. So, I went in-game to see how high my ping was and it kept in the 400-600 range with going up to over 1,050(Not seen in the demo below vvv) I have no idea why it's doing that. The other computers in the house are just fine so I don't think it's out internet provider(Unless they hate my computer. :c) But yeah... WAT I DO!?!??! :P

Tha Demo http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BKBLAEQC

Epsilon
1 May 2011, 11:53am
well first try these tests:

open up command.exe

type ping 127.0.0.1 take a screenshot and post results

then find the default gateway IP(your routers IP address, since routers may use different IP you may need to google your specific router to get the address it is usually 192.168.XXX.1 [where X represents a number])

once you have the gateways IP type ping [the IP here] and take a screenshot and post

doing this we can see if the problem is your NIC or your connection to the router seeing as it seems fine with the other computers

Vivian556
1 May 2011, 12:48pm
well first try these tests:

open up command.exe

type ping 127.0.0.1 take a screenshot and post results

then find the default gateway IP(your routers IP address, since routers may use different IP you may need to google your specific router to get the address it is usually 192.168.XXX.1 [where X represents a number])

once you have the gateways IP type ping [the IP here] and take a screenshot and post

doing this we can see if the problem is your NIC or your connection to the router seeing as it seems fine with the other computers
I have no idea how to do that

Tweezy
1 May 2011, 12:49pm
I have no idea how to do that

Get on vent!

Veggie
1 May 2011, 02:46pm
Try resetting your router (Cable modem)

Vivian556
1 May 2011, 02:48pm
Try resetting your router (Cable modem)
I've done that a billion times. x.X

Epsilon
1 May 2011, 04:18pm
do you know how to set up remote assistance with Vista
If so I can help you that way
If not I can walk you through it if you are up for it

Tweezy
1 May 2011, 04:23pm
I've done that a billion times. x.X

Did you take screenshots when I got you the info Epsilon needed?