PDA

View Full Version : iNorris's Steam Issues

iNorris
29 Apr 2011, 09:37pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Steam Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
McAfee Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
PP41L Please state your problem here
M'kay, well I've been having this issue for a good deal of time now, maybe a month. I always just restarted my computer whenever it happened.

Basically what happens is that sometimes when a server changes the map in TF2 or CSS, the game stops responding a little ways into the "sending client info" stage. I get the "hl2.exe is not responding" error, and after that, any game will freeze on the initial loading screen. On top of that, if I exit Steam, it will not load back up unless I restart completely. And yes, I have checked the processes in task manager, and steam.exe isn't there.

Beyond that, all applications that require Flash Player don't work either. If I try to play a Flash game, my browser (I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and IE), the browser freezes right before the menu screen.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash, and to no avail.

I'm sick and tired of this shit, and I don't want to have to go to Steam Support about this. Any ideas?

Epsilon
29 Apr 2011, 09:53pm
[/INDENT]

Does this flash player error occur before or after the issue with steam?
and also how did you DL flash player (firefox, ie, etc)
Try downloading it with IE because for some reason flash player doesn't like to be DL'ed with other web browsers for game applications
I know becuase sometimes with firefox flash player doesn't install right or DL right as I had to DL flash with IE to get a game working (an MMORPG called zero online) as it would load up to a certain point and crash

iNorris
29 Apr 2011, 10:04pm
Does this flash player error occur before or after the issue with steam?
and also how did you DL flash player (firefox, ie, etc)
Try downloading it with IE because for some reason flash player doesn't like to be DL'ed with other web browsers for game applications
I know becuase sometimes with firefox flash player doesn't install right or DL right as I had to DL flash with IE to get a game working (an MMORPG called zero online) as it would load up to a certain point and crash

Forgive me, I mis-spoke. I actually could't DL w/ Firefox, and I did reinstall w/ IE. I just tried the applications in all those browsers.

The Flash issues occur after Steam malfunctions, which I found odd, as I didn't think Steam was linked to Flash except for the homepage scroll.