27 Apr 2011, 08:35pm
Canada? Election?
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad267/11363/yao-ming-meme.jpg

PingPong
27 Apr 2011, 10:24pm
Not old enough to vote yet but if I was i'd be going conservative

Lemonstein
2 May 2011, 09:00pm
had difficulty choosing between liberal and NPD.
Finally chose NPD
Cant believe Conservative will have a majority. Makes me really want Québec to become a country

Metal
2 May 2011, 09:04pm
FML

Lemonstein
2 May 2011, 09:10pm
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/epic-fail-photos-stephen-harper-fail.jpg

Can't trust someone who can't use a camera to run a country

slaminsalmon
3 May 2011, 06:42am
I'm not happy about Harper what i can say is that at the end of his 4 years, everyone will be sick of him and the liberal party will take back its importance. We'll be in another minority government situation for 3-4 years, then Justin Trudeau will emerge as a leader and will take control of our country to form a majority liberal government. Someone write this down, it's what will happen.

On another note, Ducepe stepped down which is a great step forward for Quebec!

MPQC
3 May 2011, 08:18am
On another note, Ducepe stepped down which is a great step forward for Quebec!

Gotta love the way he stepped down though.

I’m leaving, but others will follow, until Quebec becomes a country

Quebec will never become a country, he's an idiot.

RaIphawado
4 May 2011, 09:12am
i don't vote cause its only 1 vote not gonna hurt anything :)

Lemonstein
4 May 2011, 09:22am

thats just stupid.

Bullet Wound
4 May 2011, 09:39am

And that thinking is why we got like a 60ish% turnout.

PotshotPolka
4 May 2011, 01:12pm
And that thinking is why we got like a 60ish% turnout.

Sadly, that's fairly high.

Bob Loblaw
4 May 2011, 06:05pm
I don't vote, because it's too much to keep up with, and I don't really care.

But my motto is if you don't vote, you can't complain. So I don't complain either.

I do think it's stupid that they took a vote on who wanted an election, then most people said no, yet they have one anyways (this is my understanding anyways).

Lemonstein
4 May 2011, 06:45pm
http://asofterworld.com/clean/suffrage.jpg

IMO you should still go and cancel your vote though

Delirium
5 May 2011, 06:46am
Have fun with your stricter drug laws :)

Barber
5 May 2011, 09:41am
Cant wait until he bans women votes and when we will be allowed to shoot down kids who smoked pot........ Lets see how much damage a prime minister can do.

Quebec will never become a country, he's an idiot.

Explain?

SgtJoo
5 May 2011, 11:04am
Explain?

Quebec does not have sufficient resources to function on its own, much less actually find a legal way to secede from Canada.

Bullet Wound
5 May 2011, 12:30pm
Quebec does not have sufficient resources to function on its own, much less actually find a legal way to secede from Canada.

Yes they do have the resources, they may want to separate but they're not retarded, they have thought these things through.

The issue isn't that they wouldn't be able to sustain themselves as a country, but that they are an important part of Canada and for the most part are just being whiny bitches.

Quick history lesson : France claimed Canada first, Britain came over and beat the french, then forced the french to stay due to Canada's small population at the time. As such Quebec is the remnants of those french who were forced to stay, so they have always been a little more distant and more or less done a lot of things their own way (or tried to) in comparison to the rest of the country.

For some reason they feel that since they are so different it means they are not really a part of Canada and so should be given independence. Although they're taking small steps by asking for the freedom to control local laws and such, this will inevitably lead to them wanting independence yet again soon enough.

So what MPQC means is there's no benefit to Canada if we ever let Quebec separate, as such it will never happen.

Just to clarify I'm not referring to all those from Quebec, right now only around 40% actually want to separate (or just think they would be better off if they were separated).

I do think it's stupid that they took a vote on who wanted an election, then most people said no, yet they have one anyways (this is my understanding anyways).

I think the vote you're referring to is when the Liberals(who started the vote),NDP,and Bloq outvoted the minority conservative government in regards to holding an election. Since the three parties combined hold more seats they got the majority. They did this vote because Harper (conservative leader) was found in contempt of parliament and shut it down a few times which pissed them all off (or you know, they just felt they could beat him in another election).

Unless we were supposed to do some sort of vote at one point and I wasn't invited :(

ThinkEmpire
8 May 2011, 06:07pm

Dumbass.

NPD all the way.