PDA

View Full Version : skitzophranic's Other Issues(please be detailed)

skitzophranic
27 Apr 2011, 01:50pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
my brother What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
n/a Please state your problem here
Me & my friend want to play Resident Evil 5 co-op on the PC...but there are some complications:

Whenever we try to connect to each others game session it will start connecting then it says "this game session has been canceled."
But, when I try to start a game, other random people will be ABLE to connect, and vise versa for my friend.

We both have the legit version of re5. I bought mine from steam, and he bought his not from steam.(if that has anything to with it, but I see no reason for it to.)

And, the game is unblocked by both of our firewalls.

A solution to our lil' predicament would be greatly appreciated!

James
27 Apr 2011, 04:43pm
I play it co-op sometimes as well, and I had an issue similar to this. have you heard of port forwarding by any chance?
Your router works independently from your firewall, and it could possibly be causing issues for either you or your friend. If so, you would have to open these:

3074 (TCP)
and
3074 (UDP)

You should get your friend to open those ports as well, and hopefully it should resolve it :)

Labarr
27 Apr 2011, 07:49pm
Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com (http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm)

Just select your router then the game.. and it will tell you how to portforward the ports needed :) good luck!

b0red
27 Apr 2011, 10:25pm
Make sure your friend does that as well on their router.

Harpr33t
27 Apr 2011, 10:46pm
Jenny lemme come over and I'll fix it for yah ;)